Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 28383 times)

gf78

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 12:27:18 pm »
Picked up a few more Star Wars games this morning!

Star Wars - The Clone Wars:  Jedi Alliance for Nintendo DS complete
Angry Birds Star Wars II for PC new/sealed
Star Wars Monopoly for PC jewel case version complete
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga for PS3 complete
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

romanticore

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »
A long awaited parcel arrived today. Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus) for the GBA. It's friday evening over here (8:10 pm) and I'm having a craft beer, just chilling. Doesn't get better than this.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

gf78

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 02:24:43 pm »
A long awaited parcel arrived today. Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus) for the GBA. It's friday evening over here (8:10 pm) and I'm having a craft beer, just chilling. Doesn't get better than this.

Nice.  I want to try that Iron Maiden Eddie beer so bad!   8)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

romanticore

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »

The Trooper? http://www.brandsforfans.se/trooper/the-drinks.html It's pretty nice! :) In Sweden we've got this company that houses beer for a lot of (metal) bands. Not sure if it's the same in the States, but I really like the Motörhead Bastards Lager Beer.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

gf78

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

The Trooper? http://www.brandsforfans.se/trooper/the-drinks.html It's pretty nice! :) In Sweden we've got this company that houses beer for a lot of (metal) bands. Not sure if it's the same in the States, but I really like the Motörhead Bastards Lager Beer.

Yeah...the Trooper!  Me want! Most of those craft beers never make it to the States, at least not where I live.  It's all Budweiser stuff for the most part.  Sam Adams, Corona and Heineken are readily available as well.  Oh, and Blue Moon.

abe

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 03:00:43 pm »

Yeah...the Trooper!  Me want! Most of those craft beers never make it to the States, at least not where I live.  It's all Budweiser stuff for the most part.  Sam Adams, Corona and Heineken are readily available as well.  Oh, and Blue Moon.

No decent microbreweries in your area?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 03:05:35 pm »

Nothing remotely close.   :'(

thecrypticodor

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »
Decided to dip my toe into the world of RGB so I picked up one of these cheapo $30-40 range RGB Scart to HDMI upscalers from China.

I'm actually extremely impressed with how good the output is on something this cheap. Everybody always recommends the XRGB Mini Framemeister which cost a fortune, but this does a pretty damn good job and is only a small fraction of the price. Even running composite through it looks better than any of the composite/S-video scalers I've ever used.

I took a few shots of a Genesis and a Master System with it off of a LCD. Here's some screen shots for those interested. http://imgur.com/a/WPMg0

abe

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 04:35:01 pm »

Ouch. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »

Let me tell you about where I live. Mind you, I love it here because it's the country, people aren't jammed up my rear and I get to see beautiful wildlife including deer, turkey, a very rare mountain lion appearance, Bobcats, chipmunks, turtles, squirrels, raccoons, quail, coyotes and twice in the last 30 years, a beautiful wolf. Most people are friendly and will strike up a conversation with you. Great, right?

Unfortunately, the political climate is charged and if it ain't Budweiser, it's not really around. I'm not going to get political and I believe everyone has the right to feel, believe, love and vote however they want. But I get real tired of hearing "That commie Mus-lam Osamabama done got it in fear our Guinns!  He's ruined this here country. Gasoline done gone be eight dollars by time he's out!  Who knows when that gonna happen!  He's building FEMA death camps and gone declare martial law!  The Muslim flag gone fly over White House yessiree."  Blah, blah, blah. It gets old. Oh, and everywhere you go with a tv on, it Faux News and their propaganda-laden spiel.

Like I said, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you fall on. But I can't stand hearing that fear mongering bullshit.

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 09:39:03 pm »
I've been looking at TVs lately, trying to get another TV for the game room... I swear I saw a TV with a SCART input.  I'm nucking futz.

maximo310

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 10:24:03 pm »
Well, I did manage to get a few things I wanted this week, all CIB:
Legend of Legacy Launch Edition- $22 BB
GS:
Zone of the Enders: HD Collection Limited Edition(X360)- $11.97
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)-$18
Spore Creatures, Drawn to Life The Next Chapter, $1 each

Warmsignal

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »
That place I always brag about picking my stuff up from, OMG, I have never seen so many copies of one game in one place before. I would seriously estimate that they have about 100 copies of TMNT for NES.

romanticore

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 02:23:30 am »

Let me tell you about where I live. Mind you, I love it here because it's the country, people aren't jammed up my rear and I get to see beautiful wildlife including deer, turkey, a very rare mountain lion appearance, Bobcats, chipmunks, turtles, squirrels, raccoons, quail, coyotes and twice in the last 30 years, a beautiful wolf. Most people are friendly and will strike up a conversation with you. Great, right?

Unfortunately, the political climate is charged and if it ain't Budweiser, it's not really around. I'm not going to get political and I believe everyone has the right to feel, believe, love and vote however they want. But I get real tired of hearing "That commie Mus-lam Osamabama done got it in fear our Guinns!  He's ruined this here country. Gasoline done gone be eight dollars by time he's out!  Who knows when that gonna happen!  He's building FEMA death camps and gone declare martial law!  The Muslim flag gone fly over White House yessiree."  Blah, blah, blah. It gets old. Oh, and everywhere you go with a tv on, it Faux News and their propaganda-laden spiel.

Like I said, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you fall on. But I can't stand hearing that fear mongering bullshit.

Sorry to hear...   :-\ Cruz and Trump are laughing stocks over here... but something tells me we might choke on that laughter later on. The world will be a more dangerous place if one of them get elected president, I fear.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

gf78

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2016, 06:10:17 am »
More pickups!

Star Wars Flight of the Falcon GBA new/sealed
Star Wars Flight of the Falcon GBA complete
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones GBA complete
Star Wars The New Droid Army GBA new/sealed
Star Wars Trilogy - Apprentice of the Force GBA new/sealed
Super Star Wars SNES with manual and custom case
Super Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back SNES with manual and custom case
Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi for SNES with manual and custom case