Author Topic: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21641 times)

soera

Re: March 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »
stuff

Whats up ? Havent seen you in probably a year.

soera

« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
I have no idea what you call it in English, but with dump store I meant a store where you can drop off your old stuff, and they then re-sell it (thrift shop? I don't know...).

I didn't even think of it being a Dutch holiday when I wrote about King's Day ;D. Basically, it's a Dutch holiday where we celebrate the King's birthday (it has been known as Queen's day up until a few years ago when Princess Beatrix passed on the crown to her son). One of the biggest traditions on King's Day is the huge amount of flea markets happening literally everywhere. Almost every town has a flea market on King's Day. I should be able to find a controller somewhere then :).
Did that answer your questions? Also, thanks for the welcome :)

A thrift store is a good description of a dump store.

And I assumed King's day was just my birthday.

spac316

« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
Got Deadpool for PS3 today. Making it 1400 games in my collection now!

tripredacus

« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2016, 07:12:50 pm »
A thrift store is a good description of a dump store

or Garage Sale Store

Such as for me, a flea market is "the junk dealers" like I'm on a Star Wars planet or something.  :D

Warmsignal

« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »

Got a few games today. Unfortunately my source charges $25 for any longbox PS1 game because they consider them a "boxed" game, like an NES boxed game. Nevertheless, $25 is a pretty decent deal compared to the now going rate for In The Hunt. Also, Parappa 2 and MC Kids.

There's another "rare" gem I'm probably going back for soon but I'll save that for when/if I get it.

rryan60462

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2016, 07:29:06 pm »

post a picture

imgurl

image hosting over 2mb

All of that was the last 2 weeks added up. I got the batman limited edition brand new and everything for $73. Randomly came across it at a best buy. With everything else added up i spent less than $280. Not to bad i think.

Warmsignal

« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2016, 11:17:12 pm »

Now one of these here, is a rare video game... but it only cost me $20. Also picked up a PS4 game. No way to play it, but maybe someday?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

Got a few games today. Unfortunately my source charges $25 for any longbox PS1 game because they consider them a "boxed" game, like an NES boxed game. Nevertheless, $25 is a pretty decent deal compared to the now going rate for In The Hunt. Also, Parappa 2 and MC Kids.

There's another "rare" gem I'm probably going back for soon but I'll save that for when/if I get it.

Rare Calico edition!

soera

« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2016, 01:09:16 pm »
I mentioned a unique trade I was working on a few weeks back. It has been completed.

After I posted my trade list on here for a couple weeks, I moved it also to Nintendo age. I got hit up with a trade request for a big chunk of my Gamecube games. I told him what I wanted for them (which was around $225). He then asked if I was still looking for Magic Knight Rayearth which I excitedly said yes. Fast forward to this morning and its in my hands. My white whale game that I have been looking to replace since the early days of the PS2 is mine!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2016, 01:12:21 pm »
I mentioned a unique trade I was working on a few weeks back. It has been completed.

After I posted my trade list on here for a couple weeks, I moved it also to Nintendo age. I got hit up with a trade request for a big chunk of my Gamecube games. I told him what I wanted for them (which was around $225). He then asked if I was still looking for Magic Knight Rayearth which I excitedly said yes. Fast forward to this morning and its in my hands. My white whale game that I have been looking to replace since the early days of the PS2 is mine!

Glad you finally got it there!  Congrats, my man. I know how much you've wanted that one.

doafan

« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2016, 03:28:52 pm »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/DeSuEhT/Old/Video%20Game%20Hauls/IMG_20160323_231124.jpg

Now one of these here, is a rare video game... but it only cost me $20.

Indeed is rare and for that price it was a real bargain me in the other hand decided to gave some love to my old Game Boy with three titles that never played before these are Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, I have been playing the second part of this one with my daughter so decided to see the Wario's version, Duck Tales 2 cause am not that crazy to pay more than 100 bucks for the NES version and Motocross Maniacs this one because saw a good review of it at Youtube, will have a week of vacations and the best way to play anywhere it's with my GBA also didn't pay that much for the three games, only $ 25.27  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2016, 03:58:34 pm »
^ I did the same thing for DuckTales 2. But I still sooooo want the NES version. #1 game on my wishlist. But I will never pay those prices, I'm just hoping I get lucky and come across it at a thrift store or something.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2016, 07:44:21 pm »
How about this?

I've been waiting for this since Christmas! My dad got it for us as a family gift, but it was still being restored. Thankfully, it's finally here!

A restored Blackwater 100 pinball machine! Produced by Bally Midway, this machine was unique in that you start out with 3 balls. This mechanic was critised however, and there's a software update available which limits you to one ball at a time at all times. Luckily, we don't have that software version :) . And I even have the original manual with it and everything! Granted, that manual is in terrible shape, but at least I have it  :) .

The machine was kept as original as possible, which is why the casing has lost part of its colour. Heck, even the coin slot still takes guldens (the previous Dutch currency, now replaced by the euro).  It's on free play though, so that's not an issue.

Sadly, of course it was too good to be true. He restored the Suzuki logos by putting stickers with new logos over the original painted logos, and of course those stickers got loose after hitting them with a ball once. A stupid design choice if you ask me, but whatever.
Worst of all, two of the five paddles broke down as soon as the guy who restored it left. This makes racking up points a lot harder. The sad part is that these paddles are built in with parts that were produced specifically for this machine, so those parts are no longer available. So fixing them is very difficult (and that may also explain why they don't work now). But we already contacted the guy who restored it, and he'll probably come in to fix it soon. Other than that, I'm super happy with it! Definitely the gem of my collection!...until I move out and I can't take it with me  :P

EDIT: Never mind, it's working now. Apparently the whole problem was a loose wire...

ANOTHER EDIT: Never mind, now all the flippers on the left broke down. Guess we'll just have to call in the mechanic. Also, I know the plastic is old, but we literally hit a hole in the plastic with one of the balls. We had to take out the entire playing field to get the ball back. I know the plastic is old, but for it to do that, wow...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:07:48 am by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

rayne315

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:26 pm »
NICE! I wish I could have a pinball machine of my own, but alas they are too expensive and to space consuming.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

realpoketendonl

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
NICE! I wish I could have a pinball machine of my own, but alas they are too expensive and to space consuming.
I know, we specifically saved space for this. And the pricing is probably why we barely received any other gifts  :P. Thankfully, my dad has a lot of nostalgia for it, so he's willing to pay for it. Heck, looks like he found his passion. He now wants to get a photoplay machine too! No idea where to put it or how to pay for it, but whatever :p.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:12:11 am by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.