Author Topic: Way to edit our item in our collection from the record page  (Read 2604 times)

desocietas

Way to edit our item in our collection from the record page
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »
I'm sure this will be a bigger thing for folks with larger collections...

I wanted to add a game to my collection that was in my wishlist.  So I went to my wishlist and hit the button to move the item from my wishlist to my collection.

However, since this action does not allow me to add any info about pricing, condition, etc., I tried to look up the item in the search box to find the record to edit.

I realize that the item record will indicate that I have the item but there is no option to edit the item in my collection.  I'd either have to "add with details" and delete one of the items through my collection list... or find the item in my collection list and edit from there.

Anyway, just seems like it might make things easier if I could just edit my item through the item record page ... somewhere in the area that says My Collection (1) or whatever.  Also, would be nice when we hit that "move from wishlist to collection" button if a pop-up would come up with the option to enter info about condition and such.

Thanks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

Re: Way to edit our item in our collection from the record page
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:55:39 am »
I did talk to matt about this already so it should be on his radar. I agree with you that it sucks having to go back through my collection to edit 1 item and since I have over 1500 items it really sucks!

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:49:47 am »
I did talk to matt about this already so it should be on his radar. I agree with you that it sucks having to go back through my collection to edit 1 item and since I have over 1500 items it really sucks!

Sweet - thanks for the update!  Yeah, it makes me thankful that I only have about 200 items... but even then, it's not always clear which page the item will be on so being able to utilize the search bar for searching through our own collection for editing purposes would be useful.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:54 am »
I also would love a way to edit my info on the games info page. For some reason I thought we already had it set up like that at one point...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:08 pm »
Nopers but it is on the to-do list. I'll try to get to it soon.

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 05:50:43 am »
Nopers but it is on the to-do list. I'll try to get to it soon.

i hope it comes soon i would love to have a check box to tell people what the condition of a game or hardware or an accessory

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 06:15:08 am »

i hope it comes soon i would love to have a check box to tell people what the condition of a game or hardware or an accessory

That's what the Notes section is for. Can be far more detailed than a checkbox ever could.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:43:00 pm »
Bump this topic too (this was what I was originally looking for)

When I originally went through and added all the games into my collection, I did most of it from the browse view. When you do it this way, they are added as cart only (as opposed from the game entry where you can select what parts you have). So now I wanted to go through and edit my existing items to fill out if I have the box or manual (or add a note), but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.  :(

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:17 pm »
If you are in your collection, and hoover over a game with your mouse, then you have to your right a edit delete buttons. With the edit button you can change that you have the box or booklet.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »
If you are in your collection, and hoover over a game with your mouse, then you have to your right a edit delete buttons. With the edit button you can change that you have the box or booklet.

This
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:15:50 pm »
Don't know how I missed that!  :-[
Thanks.