Author Topic: Release Country TLD Master List  (Read 31714 times)

Re: Release Country TLD Master List
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 03:20:37 am »
Hello, which is the right section to suggest games that are not listed in the data base?

tripredacus

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 11:56:49 am »
You can add missing games yourself. If you need help, you can make a new thread in this section.

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 10:57:55 am »
I was wondering if instead of the TLD we could use the regional item number to differentiate variant on some case, i know we already use them on the older Nintendo released games (GB/NES/SNES) but would it be accepted on a more recent games (in this case it's a PS1 game) ?

Here is the game that makes me wondering that :

https://vgcollect.com/item/142343

The Acclaimed Range edition for Bust-a-Move 2 (and 4 that i also own) are exactly the same in all the European release (the same front cover and the same exact back cover translated in six different language) except for two things: the barcode and the regional item number just on top of it (BKL20066.78-FAH for that version). Instead of the [FR][NL] i put on that item i would like to ask if the suffix [FAH] could be accepted ?

If someone want to compare them here is a link to the back cover for the ENG and the FAH variants.

tripredacus

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 11:24:52 am »
We have this issue with the Nintendo games that will put the Nintendo Country Code in the title, but these are entries made unknowingly or before we put up this thread with the list. Ideally, we would not have the country in the title at all, and have some other way to display this information.

So no, for now it should be [FR][NL]... The only case where that item number would be used is if there was 2 releases to avoid a name collision. For example this happens with Nintendo games in Germany, where you end up with two entries like so:

Game Name (NOE) [DE]
Game Name (NOE-1) [DE]

So no, stick with using TLD on the title for everything... as I have typed in other posts, let's try to keep it simple with some of these things, so we don't need to keep a complicated list of do's and don'ts for certain things.

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 11:38:35 am »
And that's why i wanted to ask before edit anything  ;), that game bothered me for a while (wondering if i should put a [FAH] suffix directly or not...  ::)). Thanks for the quick answer Tripedacus.

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2018, 04:53:14 pm »
Hello!

I just started filling my Game Boy collection and so far so good :)
I have a lot of DMG-xxx-FAH titles, but most of the time, the item number doesn't match.

I see the fomat DMG-xxx-UKV, DMG-P-xxx (I guess for PAL), and duplicate entries with the TLD in the tile.
What is the best way to enter variants? Duplicate entries seems a bit overkill because almost all the fields are the same.

For now I update the item number if it's empty, otherwise I make a small note.

tripredacus

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2018, 10:17:22 am »
FAH is for France/Netherlands [FR][NL]. UKV is for England [UK].

Be aware that entries with no TLD are presumed to be the version that is in English language packaging, so before we would allow an FAH cart to be associated with a non-TLD item, we would need confirmation that no UKV cart exists. Consider entries with no TLD to be English or UK releases. That is why some of your edits were rejected.

There is no region encoding on Game Boy games, so none of them are PAL.

Also item numbers for items are not for the number on the cart, but the number on the box. Put the number from the cart into the description field.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:15:51 pm by tripredacus »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 12:51:33 pm »
Small edit, FAH is France, Belgium, Netherlands (Holland).

tripredacus

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2018, 01:16:57 pm »
Small edit, FAH is France, Belgium, Netherlands (Holland).

Right sorry, we usually put [FR][NL] on FAH. FRA is France.
Here's this list for some more help.
http://www.nanaky.eu/NintendoTriangles.html

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 06:07:39 pm »
Well as a fellow Dutchy (as Fazerco), the whole FAH thing is a little confusing even for me :P

Sometimes it's France, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg <- this last sneaky devil comes in :p

Benelux [BLX] ?? -> sometimes you see that at PC [EU] versions

Upcoming Pre-orders:

tripredacus

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2018, 10:41:08 am »
Beneleux has no TLD because it isn't a country, it is a region.

FAH on Nintendo games should just be [FR][NL] as per the Nintendo color triangles list.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »
What should I do with a "latin north american" release? I have a couple of PS3 games that are trilingual (english + french + spanish) and the game number has a "L" (probably for "Latin") at the end. (example: BLUS-30218L).

There isn't even a mexico TLD so sould I just use [ES]? And do I also have to include [US] or should we omit it since those trilingual versions probably never came out in the usa?

Edit: Also, I have acessories and console boxes that are canadian versions. Should I add [CA] just like I do with canadian games or should we ignore TLDs for accesories/consoles?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:37:18 pm by leonefamily »
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 09:49:24 am »
[ES] is Spain
[MX] is Mexico

If you want to know what TLD a country uses, that is not in this list, just type it into a search engine.

For example, type into google:
mexico tld

it will say .mx. So then for us it is [MX].

Trilingual packaging is common in the US. If you need help to verify the origin of something, feel free to ask.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2019, 02:14:48 pm »
Thanks. So how should I write it then? "Game Title [CA] [MX] [US]"? or maybe just "Game Title [CA] [MX]"? or any other order?

Edit: Also, I have acessories and console boxes that are canadian versions. Should I add [CA] just like I do with canadian games or should we ignore TLDs for accesories/consoles?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:16:40 pm by leonefamily »
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

tripredacus

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2019, 09:51:00 am »
As before, TLD is only needed to prevent a duplicate name, or two items having the same name but are different actual things. If the item does not have a duplicate name in an [NA] category, you just put into the description where it was released.

No item should have [CA][MS][US] in the title in [NA] category. Post what it is that you found and we can figure out what it should be called.