Author Topic: Batman v Superman is Looking Bad  (Read 6121 times)

gf78

Re: Batman v Superman is Looking Bad
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:47 am »
I read a list of plot-points that happen in the movie and I have to say, I think Sharknado has a better story.  This is supposed to be a big build-up toward a Justice League movie much like Marvel did for Avengers.  I can't remember a Marvel movie this bad. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:00:53 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:43 am »
I read a list of plot-points that happen in the movie and I have to say, I think Sharknado has a better story.  This is supposed to be a big build-up toward a Justice League movie much like Marvel did for Avengers.  I can't remember a Marvel movie this bad.
The new Fantastic Four movie?  Elektra? The 1990 Captain America movie?

gf78

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:07 am »

Marvel doesn't hold the cinematic rights to these characters and hence, aren't responsible for their quality.

But for the sake of argument, I was referring to the Disney-owned and released Marvel films such as Thor, Batman, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.  If you want to dig back into the (fairly) distant past, DC has pumped out some real schlock over the years.  And I can't think of anything as heinous as George Clooney's bat-nipples, Mr. Freeze and the Riddler.  Those movies have forever tarnished the reputation of Batman and DC in general. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:10:07 am »

Marvel doesn't hold the cinematic rights to these characters and hence, aren't responsible for their quality.

But for the sake of argument, I was referring to the Disney-owned and released Marvel films such as Thor, Batman, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.  If you want to dig back into the (fairly) distant past, DC has pumped out some real schlock over the years.  And I can't think of anything as heinous as George Clooney's bat-nipples, Mr. Freeze and the Riddler.  Those movies have forever tarnished the reputation of Batman and DC in general.
I don't know, I really didn't like the Ed Norton Hulk movie, but that's because I think Ed Norton sucks.

soera

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 10:42:25 am »

Elektra wasnt a bad movie ... just not a popular character. The movie was fine for what it was.
The new FF movie sucks more than a warehouse of Dysons. Its bullshit all the way through and the ending ... wut?
I dont recall a 1990 Cap movie.
And since it was mentioned below this post ... the Norton Hulk movie was fine too. I find the newer hulk movies much more entertaining than the Ferrigno Hulk. Just like King kong ... he is meant to be overdramatically large.

soera

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 10:44:41 am »
I also want to mention the original topic. I dont see a reason for Batman vs Superman. In no world ever (realistic or comic) would Batman ever touch Superman. He is as much a "super hero" as Iron man. Entertaining, but at the end of the day, they are rich guys with cool toys.

soera

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:43 am »
Lol one more thing. Dr Strange > all! I can not wait for this movie!!!!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 11:01:22 am »
I don't know, I really didn't like the Ed Norton Hulk movie, but that's because I think Ed Norton sucks.

I loved that Hulk movie. The one before that with the  mutant poodles was trash. I thought Ed Norton nailed it. 
That, and we got to see Rickson Gracie slap the Hulk.  Rickson Gracie is the only man that can slap The Hulk and get away with it.  Even Bruce Banner knows it would be Rickson by armbar.   

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Humor 8)

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 11:12:48 am »

Elektra wasnt a bad movie ... just not a popular character. The movie was fine for what it was.
The new FF movie sucks more than a warehouse of Dysons. Its bullshit all the way through and the ending ... wut?
I dont recall a 1990 Cap movie.
And since it was mentioned below this post ... the Norton Hulk movie was fine too. I find the newer hulk movies much more entertaining than the Ferrigno Hulk. Just like King kong ... he is meant to be overdramatically large.
I never watched Elektra, just heard it's not good, but I suppose maybe I'll try to give it a chance.  I heard it's really really slow.

Haven't seen the new FF, but I have heard that Fox only made it so they wouldn't lose the license.

The 1990 Captain America movie is/was used a lot in jokes on Conan, it's pretty bad.  Like hilariously bad.

My wife has actually been watching the old Hulk TV show with Ferrigno, and she absolutely loves it.  But yes, she complained to me the other day... characters will be like "Oh my, he's so huge, he's like 7 feet tall" and I'm just like... yeaaaaaaaah, that's not very tall.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2016, 11:17:00 am »
Elektra is seriously one of the worst superhero movies ever made. Without a doubt. It's like 70s Captain America bad. And I liked the Daredevil movie, actually, and I'm saying this. If you like Power Rangers a lot, you might enjoy it. But that's not what Elektra is supposed to be about. Elektra is a killer ninja assassin.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:19:34 am by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 11:19:16 am »
I've been hearing online that the initial critic reviews weren't good. But the fans are enjoying it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 11:24:17 am »
My best friend saw it last night and hated it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 12:23:45 pm »
One reviewer of the movie said "It's like watching paint dry, but that is an insult to the paint."

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »
There was a conspiracy theory I read about this, which would have been AWESOME, basically, these movies are part of the Christian Bale batman trilogy, the head of wayne enterprises is now Slade Wilson, and Slade has donned the mask of the Bat, but since he's Slade, he's willing to kill.  I don't know, I would have been more okay with that than Batman actually killing people, isn't that Batman's number one no no?

It's a big aspect of Batman.  Not that he's probably never done it, I'm sure there are notable instances, but generally he's unwilling to kill people and won't use guns.  It was a HUGE plot element of Batman Arkham City, I believe it's a big plot element of the famous Killing Joke story (Getting turned into an animated movie soon with Mark Hamil and Kevin Conroy doing the voice, fuck it's going to be good), and even the comic this movie borrows a lot of its plot from, The Dark Knight Returns, has Batman making a huge tank to take on the gangs that fires non-lethal rounds.  Even still, to do this is just wrongheaded to begin with, because in the previous movie, Man of Steel, they got a lot of flack over Superman killing Zod, and that one could be justified and had a huge impact on Superman's character.

As for reviewers saying it was boring, I think that's kinda wrong to say.  To me, the movie was never boring, it had enough interesting elements and action strewn throughout that I was kept engaged.  It's like the one complaint I wouldn't put on it, it's mostly just a mess with the story.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 09:12:02 pm »
I know the general public isn't giving it the best reaction. But all the comic fans on the message boards and comic Facebook pages I'm a member of seem to love it. Which makes me hopeful, being a big comic fan myself.