Author Topic: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?  (Read 13228 times)

sworddude

Re: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »
I think 360 and PS3 are in the purgatory that every previous gen console gets stuck in. It isn't nostalgic yet and it isn't new and flashy. Not enough time has passed to make us miss It but In 10 years it will be nostalgic and collectible and we will love it again. But right now its all about PS4 and One. Which are pretty much 360 and PS3 with better graphics in all honesty. And it doesn't help that One and PS4 are rereleasing a lot of the gems from last gen on the next gen consoles. It limits are reasons to go back.

What about the wii?

Same period, same gen yet way more games that are actually memorable and definitely raising in price big time.

PS3 And xbox 360 overall just inferior games of ps4 etc. Way less memorable unique games. Titles like the last of us or GTA will never be memorable on those inferior systems and games like journey or certain rpg's are already rising in value. Nothing will chance there aren't to many interesting titles out there anyway for these systems.

Your logic does not make any sense I highly doubt we will see a grow in prices of xbox 360 and ps3 except for the few unique titles and special CE. If it actually was the case than it should have been the same as wii wich it is not.

Just because Wii is raising in price doesn't mean the games are better or more memorable, more people collect for Nintendo then collect for Xbox 360 or PS3. Nintendo products will always hold value more.

But here are some things you didn't factor

1. Wii U came long before Xbox One and PS4 so Xbox 360 and PS3 haven't been previous gen nearly as long as Wii has. Not nearly as much time has passed. They still make PS3 and 360 games.

2. Wii U is fully backwards compatible allowing Wii games to be played still in HD making them more relevant.

3. Wii sold less copies of most of the games and their are less out there to be bought.

4. PS4 and XB1 have rereleased most of their amazing titles from last gen to this gen basically making it pointless to play or buy the old version. (Nintendo hasn't)

Wii is an amazing system don't get me wrong, but if we go down the line it doesn't have nearly as many memorable titles. and that is the trend with Nintendo since PS1 game out. It dominates with its 1st party must have gems but outside of that Sony and Xbox will have hundreds of third party gems that Nintendo just cant handle spec wise. (Halo, GTA, God Of War, Alan Wake, Bioshock)  And Xbox and PlayStation also have more value in their 3rd party games than Nintendo.  How many Wii games are in the dollar bin at savers? I don't see many Xbox games for a dollar. Once we get outside of first party it just has almost nothing. And even 1st party, Smash Bros Brawl isn't even as good as Melee and i never find myself going back and playing most of the Wii games because Wii U already perfected them and made them better. Why play Super Mario Bros Wii when the Wii U one is better. Why play Mario Kart wii when Mario Kart 8 is night and day better? So your point about them making better versions applies to Nintendo too. Nintendo Wii U improved on many of the Wii Games.

And i don't get what you mean by realistic games, do you mean games with good graphics? Because I am not sure if games like god of war and ratchet and clank fall into your opinion of realistic games that you don't like. I don't consider them to be realistic. I consider them to be playful party games like Mario or Zelda.

But in general if we give it some time and we will see increases in value in PS2. It is already starting to happen.  PS1 was always dirt cheap. But look at PS1 now. PS1 has ridiculous prices. Even on common games like crash.  Super sawed after. Even more so than n64. It just takes more time because not as many people collect for Sony or Xbox as they do for Nintendo.

I personally prefer mario kart double dash over mario kart 8 it ain't all better. same goes for the smash series newer ain't always better. Rainbow road has been the worst in mario kart 8 of all time.

Furthermore There are plenty of people who collect for especially ps3. It's cheap affordable hack almost everyone on this forum has a decent amount of ps3 games, I personally think that there are plenty of collectors for ps3 in fact there might be more than for nintendo wii, sony sales are usually better than nintendo anyways.

Back on topic.

I would not compare ratchet and clank and god of war with games like zelda and mario and no those aren't realistic games not a fan of both either. Sony has some good mascots but all are from the ps1 era. Not really mascots but I would have rather seen cloud snake and klonoa as sony mascots. Spyro and crash were okay mascots in ps1 era.

Furthermore ps2 and especially ps1 cannot be compared to ps3.

Most ps2 games that raise in value aren't even ps2 games. Arcade ports and aside from those rpg's and than in the end the unique titles like ico okami, katamari klonoa etc and the usual uncommon horror games etc

Ps1 on the otherhand is full with unique and good games It's by far not in the same league as ps3. Awesome Rpg's shoot em ups and also arcade ports other than that also allot of unique ps1 titles. I Highly doubt we will see a same raise in value like ps1 with the awesome library that it has. Mascots like spyro and crash bandicoot are ruined in the current day, skylanders make spyro games a joke not that the new games were any good anyways and the new crash games are ****. Games like castlevania? well ps3 pretty much killed the franchise with the lords of shadows series at least the ps2 titles were decent. Also, making games available with downloads on a newer console does not make it part of the consoles library it's another way to play an older a game.

Ps1 but also ps2 has allot of memorable titles wich are not easily replaced by other games for the same experience. So many uncommon games wich are unique and fun to play.

That's just my opinion, I personally don't think ps3 will raise in value aside from a very limited amount of games pretty much all rpg's, rare games and a select few unique games and CE.

Also if the ps3 would actually raise in value as you said it would wich ps3 classics would raise in value in your opinion? I'm curious.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:43:49 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2016, 05:52:56 pm »
I think 360 and PS3 are in the purgatory that every previous gen console gets stuck in. It isn't nostalgic yet and it isn't new and flashy. Not enough time has passed to make us miss It but In 10 years it will be nostalgic and collectible and we will love it again. But right now its all about PS4 and One. Which are pretty much 360 and PS3 with better graphics in all honesty. And it doesn't help that One and PS4 are rereleasing a lot of the gems from last gen on the next gen consoles. It limits are reasons to go back.

What about the wii?

Same period, same gen yet way more games that are actually memorable and definitely raising in price big time.

PS3 And xbox 360 overall just inferior games of ps4 etc. Way less memorable unique games. Titles like the last of us or GTA will never be memorable on those inferior systems and games like journey or certain rpg's are already rising in value. Nothing will chance there aren't to many interesting titles out there anyway for these systems.

Your logic does not make any sense I highly doubt we will see a grow in prices of xbox 360 and ps3 except for the few unique titles and special CE. If it actually was the case than it should have been the same as wii wich it is not.

Just because Wii is raising in price doesn't mean the games are better or more memorable, more people collect for Nintendo then collect for Xbox 360 or PS3. Nintendo products will always hold value more.

But here are some things you didn't factor

1. Wii U came long before Xbox One and PS4 so Xbox 360 and PS3 haven't been previous gen nearly as long as Wii has. Not nearly as much time has passed. They still make PS3 and 360 games.

2. Wii U is fully backwards compatible allowing Wii games to be played still in HD making them more relevant.

3. Wii sold less copies of most of the games and their are less out there to be bought.

4. PS4 and XB1 have rereleased most of their amazing titles from last gen to this gen basically making it pointless to play or buy the old version. (Nintendo hasn't)

Wii is an amazing system don't get me wrong, but if we go down the line it doesn't have nearly as many memorable titles. and that is the trend with Nintendo since PS1 game out. It dominates with its 1st party must have gems but outside of that Sony and Xbox will have hundreds of third party gems that Nintendo just cant handle spec wise. (Halo, GTA, God Of War, Alan Wake, Bioshock)  And Xbox and PlayStation also have more value in their 3rd party games than Nintendo.  How many Wii games are in the dollar bin at savers? I don't see many Xbox games for a dollar. Once we get outside of first party it just has almost nothing. And even 1st party, Smash Bros Brawl isn't even as good as Melee and i never find myself going back and playing most of the Wii games because Wii U already perfected them and made them better. Why play Super Mario Bros Wii when the Wii U one is better. Why play Mario Kart wii when Mario Kart 8 is night and day better? So your point about them making better versions applies to Nintendo too. Nintendo Wii U improved on many of the Wii Games.

And i don't get what you mean by realistic games, do you mean games with good graphics? Because I am not sure if games like god of war and ratchet and clank fall into your opinion of realistic games that you don't like. I don't consider them to be realistic. I consider them to be playful party games like Mario or Zelda.

But in general if we give it some time and we will see increases in value in PS2. It is already starting to happen.  PS1 was always dirt cheap. But look at PS1 now. PS1 has ridiculous prices. Even on common games like crash.  Super sawed after. Even more so than n64. It just takes more time because not as many people collect for Sony or Xbox as they do for Nintendo.

I personally prefer mario kart double dash over mario kart 8 it ain't all better. same goes for the smash series newer ain't always better. Rainbow road has been the worst in mario kart 8 of all time.

Furthermore There are plenty of people who collect for especially ps3. It's cheap affordable hack almost everyone on this forum has a decent amount of ps3 games, I personally think that there are plenty of collectors for ps3 in fact there might be more than for nintendo wii, sony sales are usually better than nintendo anyways.

Back on topic.

I would not compare ratchet and clank and god of war with games like zelda and mario and no those aren't realistic games not a fan of both either. Sony has some good mascots but all are from the ps1 era. Not really mascots but I would have rather seen cloud snake and klonoa as sony mascots. Spyro and crash were okay mascots in ps1 era.

Furthermore ps2 and especially ps1 cannot be compared to ps3.

Most ps2 games that raise in value aren't even ps2 games. Arcade ports and aside from those rpg's and than in the end the unique titles like ico okami, katamari klonoa etc and the usual uncommon horror games etc

Ps1 on the otherhand is full with unique and good games It's by far not in the same league as ps3. Awesome Rpg's shoot em ups and also arcade ports other than that also allot of unique ps1 titles. I Highly doubt we will see a same raise in value like ps1 with the awesome library that it has. Mascots like spyro and crash bandicoot are ruined in the current day, skylanders make spyro games a joke not that the new games were any good anyways and the new crash games are ****. Games like castlevania? well ps3 pretty much killed the franchise with the lords of shadows series at least the ps2 titles were decent. Also, making games available with downloads on a newer console does not make it part of the consoles library it's another way to play an older a game.

Ps1 but also ps2 has allot of memorable titles wich are not easily replaced by other games for the same experience. So many uncommon games wich are unique and fun to play.

That's just my opinion, I personally don't think ps3 will raise in value aside from a very limited amount of games pretty much all rpg's, rare games and a select few unique games and CE.

Also if the ps3 would actually raise in value as you said it would wich ps3 classics would raise in value in your opinion? I'm curious.

I think games like Valkyria Chronicles, FF XIII, Uncharted, Dragon Age, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Skyrim will all see a substantial raise in value, along with a lot of the Batman games, star wars games, Persona 4. Fall Out New vegas will climb, Little big planet might see a rise. Some of these are already seeing a slight raise.  And games like Marvel vs Capcom 2 remake for PS3 are fetching almost 100 bucks. Their are plenty of niche games that are amazing to collect.  For 360 I see not as much collecting and not as much value but I think Bioshock ultimate rapture edition will be pricey and I think a few of the odd ball exclusives like forza horizon might be elusive down the road but I feel Xbox doesn't retain value as well. It will have its big hitters but it wont have value throughout the library as much. I think games like Bioshock or fallout could go over 30 Especially if they make them backwards compatible in the future. You say only RPGs will rise in value and that I agree with to an extent but PS3 has TONS of rpgs lol.

I feel Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart ever made imo, the online play is so smooth, the air flying elements and the courses are amazing and the game pad plays real well with it. It is so in depth and I love a lot of the new elements they added.  I love double dash a lot too though, I see why you like it. I think it was insanely innovative to have 2 characters at once and I never got why they didn't at least make it optional from then on. It is definitely the most unique in the series.

If you don't consider God of War realistic then PS3 has tons of games you would deem unrealistic fun games.  Do you like Arkham City? That is pretty realistic but probably as realistic as God of War. And Zelda is just about as realistic as God of War and Ratchet aside from the cartoony Nintendo art style. Zelda might even be more realistic. A boy wielding a sword and taking down villains to rescue hyrule from evil is more believable than a lombax killing aliens with morph rays and stuff. PS3 has its fair share of fun, goofy games that don't take themselves seriously.
Although I agree that Nintendo definitely has more of those.

I love Nintendo much more then the other 2 also, I feel Nintendo makes more memorable games all around. But I don't think Wii did as much. I think Wii U and GameCube are much more amazing than Wii. And I feel 360 and PS3 has a lot of amazing games to go back and playthrough.  Some might not hold value as well, but they are still a blast. Like BioShock and God of War 3. Two of the best games ever. And they have some hidden RPG gems. FF XIII is extremely underated for PS3. One of the best FFs ever made and that's saying a lot.

desocietas

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »

I think games like Valkyria Chronicles, FF XIII, Uncharted, Dragon Age, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Skyrim will all see a substantial raise in value, along with a lot of the Batman games, star wars games, Persona 4. Fall Out New vegas will climb, Little big planet might see a rise. Some of these are already seeing a slight raise.

And they have some hidden RPG gems. FF XIII is extremely underated for PS3. One of the best FFs ever made and that's saying a lot.

I would've initially agreed about VC and some of the other games listed, but with so many of these getting remasters on newer gen and/or being available digitally through PSN or Steam, I can't imagine their prices really going up.  I am happy to own a PS3 version of Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm not all that interested in playing it now because I have the remastered version for PS4.

There are a few exceptions of course, as some changes made for the newer gen do not necessarily make the game better. For instance, I prefer the PS2 version of Persona FES over the PSP Persona 3 Portable.

So many people feel so strongly about FFXIII - it's love or hate for most people, and I personally haven't found anything to like about it... yet. 
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:01 pm »
I still like playing games from that gen, and if I like the game I'll be happy to replay it. I'm not interested in story driven games though, and since there are a lot of them on those consoles (especially PS3) I can see maybe why someone wouldn't feel like re-playing them. Gameplay is all that matters to me though, so if I find a game fun once, then I will any other time I play it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2016, 04:24:27 am »
Do I find the PS3 and/or 360 boring?

I don't find either one even nearly as boring as dreama and/or sworddud's drivelly-antagonistic-laden posts or topics...That might just be me, though  ::)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

telly

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:17 am »
Do I find the PS3 and/or 360 boring?

I don't find either one even nearly as boring as dreama and/or sworddud's drivelly-antagonistic-laden posts or topics...That might just be me, though  ::)

I would also include walls of text to that as well, eesh  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 10:28:25 am »

Telly, see all posts by:  Dreama and sword-dud.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 12:35:21 pm »

Heh, I guess that sword-dud's sticking then, eh?  :o

gf78

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2016, 12:42:30 pm »

LOL...another VGCer used that a while back.  The originator should claim his bragging rights!   
:P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2016, 12:48:53 pm »

LOL...another VGCer used that a while back.  The originator should claim his bragging rights!   

Yep, that was me. <3

gf78

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2016, 01:19:28 pm »

Yep, that was me. <3

Didn't want to steal your thunder pal.  But you owned it like a boss!   :P

kashell

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2016, 01:20:28 pm »
Haha! I try to do my part!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2016, 01:31:45 pm »

Yep, that was me. <3

*steps lightly off of Kash's toes* 

gf78

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »

Yep, that was me. <3

LOL. 

kashell

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:15 pm »

Yep, that was me. <3

You can step harder. I like it rough.