Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 16703 times)

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »
EA Play is up next in less than an hour.  EA goofed and already revealed Titanfall 2 is releasing in Ocotober, which seems like a bad idea, because it's basically competing with Battlefield 1.  There's also a proper campaign and what seems like more all around content, which was a big problem with the original game.  I'll be interested in this one still.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 04:19:16 pm »
I'm still not in love with the current scifi gameplay of shooters lately, too many shenanigans happening with slides, wall running, climbing, etc, but Titanfall 2 looks really cool and the singleplayer seems more interesting than I thought involving a real connection with your Titan AI which seems much more interesting than the usual scifi plots.

The Madden never stops.  Should've spent this time on more Titanfall 2...or ANYTHING else lol

I like the idea that they are taking Mass Effect to an all new corner of the universe.  No real details sadly till later in the year it seems.  Probably at the game awards show.

Uggh...soccer.  Even worse...cheesy skit to push it. Pushing a story mode like that previous basketball game did that was hilariously bad.  I really shouldn't be fussing, I keep forgetting that EA invests most of their time to the sports games lol

Indie support is always good. Fe looks cute.  Kinda reminds me of like a 3D Ori and The Blind Forest which is good cause that game was great. Like if you took Ori and merged it with Spyro.

Lots of Star Wars stuff.  Battlefront 2 for next year, new game from Visceral in 2018, and another from Respawn. Not much details for any of it in particular.

Can't wait for the full hour of gameplay after the stream for Battlefield 1.  Dynamic weather, ramped up destruction.  You can utilize the trains, airships, and battleships.  It looks amazing.

Overall, not a particularly impressive show, but not bad.  So stoked for Battlefield 1 right now lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:05:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 05:13:29 pm »
wasnt impressed either by ea, only thing that interest me is Bf1

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »
wasnt impressed either by ea, only thing that interest me is Bf1

Yeah waiting fort the gameplay stream to kick off, but it's dragging on with a delay and interviews with people I don't know or care about.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 05:19:55 pm »
Titanfall 2 having a storymode might get me to play it.

Fe looks interesting, I will definitely keep my eye on it.

Not a fan of CoD/Battlefield, especially not a fan of historical shooters.

Mass Effect will remain on my radar, I want to hear more than that tiny little teaser of a trailer.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 05:23:40 pm »
I was fine with Titanfall being multiplayer only, there just wasn't a whole lot of content in the game to enjoy I thought.  It was just kinda bland.  Seeing the plot behind the singleplayer though has me interested in it for sure.  It's not some generic military takeover plot and seems to be more character driven, dealing with AI and essentially having a mech partner.  The comparisons made to Iron Giant have been great or that it's basically Optimus and Sam from Transformers lol

Little over 4 hours till the Bethesda event.  We'll see if any of the rumors are true that came out about them.

Geez, Battlefield 1 looks incredible.  I might have to consider some updates to my PC to maximize the experience for me lol It really seems the expanding and fresh experience the series has needed for a long while now.  It's just funny that it takes a game set in a war that was over a 100 years ago lol When the Airships crashes, it has no set crash zone, it'll crash where ever it moved to and when it falls, it explodes, destroying anything it lands on, and the carcass stays and becomes like a new area hazard.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:47:26 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 08:19:12 pm »
God, what a total snoozefest EA's conference was! Can't say I had high expectations for them, but I at least thought we might see something more than mediocre dev montage vids being like, "look, we're working! We're passionate gamer's just like you!" And of course there was the sports games...oh the sports games. Even though I have zero interest in it, probably the best thing that they showed was Titanfall 2, and that is pretty pathetic imo. Please Bethesda, make this a night to remember!

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 09:18:10 pm »
Forgot there was one other show to add to the schedule, but tomorrow after the Microsoft event is the PC gaming show.  I remember this being a mixed bag last year, but we'll see what happens with that.

Some new Zelda art leaked, possibly hinting at being able to really climb stuff in the game that aren't just blatant climb spots?  That would be great if it was done in the way of Uncharted. Great looking art either way.

http://www.destructoid.com/amazon-leaked-some-really-pretty-legend-of-zelda-art-367740.phtml
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:49:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 10:00:10 pm »

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2016, 10:17:49 pm »
New Quake confirmed.  Never been a Quake fan, I don't particularly like that kind of gameplay.  Closest I ever got was Unreal Tournament 2004.  Quake Champions is the name of it.  Think with the trailer it might be multiplayer only with the name and trailer.  PC only.  More details at QuakeCon.

Outside of the Bethesda event, it's been revealed that there is a Berserk Musou game in the works.  The teaser is just tentacles wrapping around a naked woman...so yeah Berserk lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:28:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »
Bethesda starts out with a new Quake. Already better th an all of EA's conference

Prey has caught my interest

Customizable single player in doom? Sure why not.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:40:39 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »
New settlement items for Fallout 4. Out next week.  Build your own custom vault next month. New expansion is Nuka World in August.  Themepark location is the new setting lol Could be cool, though doesn't seem like it would be a particularly large new area.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim Remastered is confirmed.  Mostly just a thing for consoles.

Brand new game in a scifi setting from the developers of Dishonored. First person psychological thriller.  Just a CG trailer, but it looks real cool. OH! It's the new Prey! I guess they are essentially just rebooting Prey to be something completely different.

New Doom snapmap content. Totally free.  New Doom multiplayer modes.  All free.  The new maps are not and come out next month.

Dear god, there's a wailing Banshee in the audience lol

Kinda tuned out for anything Elder Scrolls Online. Don't think there was anything too important there.

Bethesda VR.  HTC Vive will get Fallout 4 to utilize this.  I completely missed the date they said.  They are demoing a Doom exploration thing, so it's possible Doom could get the VR treatment too.

And now Dishonored 2 gameplay.  I tried to get into the first one, but never really got drawn in, so I'll pass on this.

Another leak for Dead Rising 4 before tomorrow lol Screenshots confirm that this in fact involves the games original Willamette Colorado setting with Frank West.  It's not just set in the mall though, as it's clearly set in the town itself during Christmas.  I assume it means it's a reboot as I don't figure Willamette would exist after the initial zombie outbreak.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:05:46 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:40 pm »
I have to say Quake Championship and Skyrim Remastered have already made Bethesda's conference way better than EAs, but hot damn, I'm still hoping they pull out Elder Scrolls VI. I will lose my shit if they do!

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »
I have to say Quake Championship and Skyrim Remastered have already made Bethesda's conference way better than EAs, but hot damn, I'm still hoping they pull out Elder Scrolls VI. I will lose my shit if they do!

That would be better way to end this after all this Dishonored 2 stuff.  I just want it cause I'm getting bored lol