Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 18357 times)

gf78

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2016, 10:19:47 pm »
Sony just made Microsoft their bitch in a hair over 60 minutes.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:22 pm »
enjoy the Rage Fighterpilot

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:58 pm »
enjoy the Rage Fighterpilot

son of a bitch! no ace combat!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2016, 10:24:31 pm »
Okay, time to recover and then post Sony's event lol

« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:14 pm »
At this point Nintendo is going to have to show off a Ocarina of Time tier Zelda game to win this year's E3 or surprise us with a lot of cool new games that are unannounced. My money is on Sony winning E3 again though. Well done Sony :)

« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »
At this point Nintendo is going to have to show off a Ocarina of Time tier Zelda game to win this year's E3 or surprise us with a lot of cool new games that are unannounced. My money is on Sony winning E3 again though. Well done Sony :)

Even with the greatest looking Zelda ever, it's just one game compared to quite the swath of impressive games revealed by Sony.  They won hands down, no contest.

*EDIT*
Main page updated!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:25:37 pm by kamikazekeeg »

gf78

« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2016, 11:48:38 pm »
Sony completely killed it. And I was right!  Kojima is making a horror game starring Norman Reedus!  Called it months ago ctracy!!!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:23 am »
I left for work right after my last post on here. I half hoped to get some DQ info (not sure if Square Enix still has anything to announce). But did not expect any of the God of War info yet. :D

Nice to get a release date on Last guardian only a full year later  ::)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2016, 12:19:34 am »
only things that interest me, that i can think off the top of my head.

skyrim

Sea of Thieves

State of Decay 2

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2016, 12:24:25 am »
Tons of stuff interested me, especially with Sony.

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Prey
Recore
Dead Rising 4
Scalebound
State of Decay 2
The Surge
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
God of War 4
The Last Guardian
Resident Evil 7
Days Gone
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Crash Bandicoot
Spider-Man
And whatever the hell Kojima showed off lol

soera

« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2016, 02:25:20 am »
Just watched the entire 2 hour Sony presentation. It was amazing. Here's my take:

Abzu - weird little water tranquility game. I never got into the Journey style of game and this one seems to fall right into it.

Bound - omgwtf? Strange ballerina game but oddly appealing looking.

Hawken - Mech fps ... not much else to say.

Pyre - Errrr some sort of hell blitzball looking game. Most unusual trailer ever.

Eagle flight - VR flying eagles that shoot ... whatever.

Watch dogs 2 - Looks cleaner and more interesting than the first

COD Infinite warfare - COD in space ... sigh

God of War - Nice WRPG aspect to the game. Going to be amazing

Days gone - Biker zombie hell

Last guardian - Release date announced. 10/25/16. Still looks as good as last year

Horizon - Jurassic park meets Star Wars. Top choice for me in this line up for sure.

Detroit - Cyber CSI type of game. Peaked my interest.

RE VII - VR game with definite potential

Farpoint - On the fence with this one. Alien VR look.

Battlefront VR = no thanks.

Batman VR = Hope it turns out good. Was nothing to see so far.

FFXV VR = Dont think Im going to try this part of the game. Too distracting.

Crash 1-3 remaster/Skylanders Imaginators = Some of the same. Will probably bring in some new people to Skylanders.

Lego Star wars = Again, more of the same.

Death Stranding (Kojima's game) = No idea what to make of this ... was merely a tease showing the main protagonist.

Spiderman = A Marvel Arkham game. Im excite.

gf78

« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2016, 06:18:19 am »
Just watched the entire 2 hour Sony presentation. It was amazing. Here's my take:

Abzu - weird little water tranquility game. I never got into the Journey style of game and this one seems to fall right into it.

Bound - omgwtf? Strange ballerina game but oddly appealing looking.

Hawken - Mech fps ... not much else to say.

Pyre - Errrr some sort of hell blitzball looking game. Most unusual trailer ever.

Eagle flight - VR flying eagles that shoot ... whatever.

Watch dogs 2 - Looks cleaner and more interesting than the first

COD Infinite warfare - COD in space ... sigh

God of War - Nice WRPG aspect to the game. Going to be amazing

Days gone - Biker zombie hell

Last guardian - Release date announced. 10/25/16. Still looks as good as last year

Horizon - Jurassic park meets Star Wars. Top choice for me in this line up for sure.

Detroit - Cyber CSI type of game. Peaked my interest.

RE VII - VR game with definite potential

Farpoint - On the fence with this one. Alien VR look.

Battlefront VR = no thanks.

Batman VR = Hope it turns out good. Was nothing to see so far.

FFXV VR = Dont think Im going to try this part of the game. Too distracting.

Crash 1-3 remaster/Skylanders Imaginators = Some of the same. Will probably bring in some new people to Skylanders.

Lego Star wars = Again, more of the same.

Death Stranding (Kojima's game) = No idea what to make of this ... was merely a tease showing the main protagonist.

Spiderman = A Marvel Arkham game. Im excite.

High five!

« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:56 am »
The Resident Evil 7 demo is basically just PT.  Like it comes down to multiple types of the same ending and little tricks and things to find.  At this point, the demo is either not beatable or there's a very deep secret that hasn't been found.

gf78

« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2016, 08:19:50 am »
The Resident Evil 7 demo is basically just PT.  Like it comes down to multiple types of the same ending and little tricks and things to find.  At this point, the demo is either not beatable or there's a very deep secret that hasn't been found.

Normally that kind of plagiarism bothers me, but since Konami threw the towel in, we might as well get something cool with a "borrowed" concept.  When the trailer was playing, I actually thought that Konami was going forward with Silent Hills.  Though my faith in Capcom overall is greatly diminished the last few years, I am keeping an eye on this one. 

gf78

« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2016, 08:32:18 am »

Even with the greatest looking Zelda ever, it's just one game compared to quite the swath of impressive games revealed by Sony.  They won hands down, no contest.

*EDIT*
Main page updated!

Sony floored me from the get-go.  When the orchestra was playing, I was watching on my iPad and thinking "Man, this sounds kinda like God of War."  I was floored when bearded Kratos stepped out of the house!  From there, they just kept slamming me with cool games.  So many games....Days Gone looked really cool.  Like a more action-packed Last of Us.  Horizon looked fantastic.  The Crash Bandicoot remakes announcement gave me goosebumps and Insomniac making a Spider-Man game looks incredible.  Is it a PS4 exclusive?  Death Stranding made me say "Oh hell yes!".  The VR games look very, very good from what was shown and coupled with my non-nauseated playtime with the Gear VR, I think I may be getting a PSVR sooner rather than later, especially for the Star Wars game!  I guess we can pretty much confirm the Vita is dead since it didn't even warrant a mention or being in a montage. 

Microsoft really disappointed me.  The remodeled Xbox One looked ok, but would be better in black.  Then they completely ruined it by talking about the Scorpio.  To me, the Scorpio sounds like an entirely new system that is going to be hamstrung by being forced to have all it's games run on the regular One.  The leap in power that Phil suggested is greater than most generational gaps.  The new One revision was like stoking a fire, then the Scorpio announcement was like hosing it down with a fire hose.  Seemed to be a very bad idea to announce both in one conference.  As for the games, Sea of Thieves was the most interesting, but it's online multiplayer only means it would be a pass for me even if I already owned an Xbox One.  Microsoft then went one further and gave gamers every reason not to buy an Xbox One by making all of their games available on the PC as well.  I fully see the Xbox brand becoming a "service" and ditching a dedicated console altogether.  Maybe not though.  Why would they be announcing a new system?  Microsoft makes no sense to me these days.  They bought Nokia for a bajilliion bucks for Windows Phone and a year or two later scuttled the whole thing.