Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 18354 times)

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2016, 08:56:00 am »
Sony completely killed it. And I was right!  Kojima is making a horror game starring Norman Reedus!  Called it months ago ctracy!!!
I still don't think it's a horror game.

gf78

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2016, 09:06:44 am »
Sony completely killed it. And I was right!  Kojima is making a horror game starring Norman Reedus!  Called it months ago ctracy!!!
I still don't think it's a horror game.

I think it is.  Look at all the dead sea animals washed up on the shore!  Disappearing babies too!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2016, 09:39:51 am »
The Sony conference blew me away. I'll admit I'm partial to Sony, but I was expecting this year to be quiet. Not many new game announcements except for VR stuff - which I expected to be like the Move games they first showed off. Figured I'd come out of this E3 not anticipating too much more than I already was.

I tuned into the show late, because for some reason I got confused with my time conversion and thought it started at 9:00 CST. I turned it on at 8:30, right in the middle of the Detroit trailer. Looked interesting, but I haven't been a fan of past Quantic Dreams games so I'm always wary of stuff they show. This one did look like a marked improvement over their past games tho, especially in the acting dept.

Then the next trailer started. Hrm, horror game - looks new. New IP, I mean. No existing IP crossed my mind that it could have been - SH is dead, and...what else could this possibly be? Definitely showing VR, not sure I'm up to playing a game like this in VR. Song starts, trailer is building to an end... RESIDENT EVIL!?!?  Mind. Blown.

From there it was just non-stop. The VR stuff didn't look like party game crap shovelware - they were actual IPs with signs of real effort put behind them. Maybe many of them were short experiences, but still - that's ok. Even tho we didn't see any footage from Batman, the Rocksteady logo at the end gave me confidence in that one. X-Wing in VR? Yes, please! :)  Then they showed another space game, didn't look familiar to me at all (because I had ignored all the hubub over the new CoD, as I usually do). Dogfighting to fighting in space to a fps on a space station? Definitely looks cool. CoD?? Hrm, well, that one's on my radar now. Then Crash 1-3 remakes from the ground up? Awesome, surprised there's not more hype over this, but maybe it's just because there was SO MUCH GOOD shown! A Spider-man game - ahh, this is where they start coastin...made by Insomniac??? Oh, HELL yes! Days Gone took a very similar concept as TLoU and made what appears to be a very different game - cool. Absolutely interested.

Then I went back & watched the beginning of the show that I had missed. I'm hyped for a GoW game. Might not sound like much, but I've been one of the series' biggest detractors since the second one. This game looks like everything I had wished they'd do with the series and then some! The Days Gone trailer, still awesome. Horizon I was already hyped for, but that gameplay kicked it up to 11. My wife said we'll probably have to fight over that one - she liked that there was a female main character in what she said is the type of game that typically has a male main character.

Just amazing, start to finish. If I had to pick one thing to criticize, the only thing I could find would be the Lego Star Wars trailer because that game is practically out already. But then jumped from game to game so quickly that who could complain? It was over before you had a chance to get annoyed, and they were on to something else awesome. OH! And the Kojima game! Awesome reveal. He had said a little while back that he's working on a triple-A action title for Sony, so that's what I expect the genre to be (unless he flat out lied, which I wouldn't put past him - he IS sneaky ;) ).

EA Conference - didn't watch / no score
Microsoft Conference - 2/5, being generous because I *have* seen worse. Practically everything was known already, and little of it was impressive to me. Interested in a handful of the games they showed, but for PC.
Ubisoft Conference - 4/5, more info on several games I was already interested in plus a very nice reveal of a new IP in Steep
Sony Conference - 10/5, they destroyed it and completely blew away any expectations I had. They made me seriously regret canceling my VR preorder, and that's something I didn't think was possible.

What time is the Nintendo thing today? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2016, 10:20:44 am »
The Sony conference blew me away. I'll admit I'm partial to Sony, but I was expecting this year to be quiet. Not many new game announcements except for VR stuff - which I expected to be like the Move games they first showed off. Figured I'd come out of this E3 not anticipating too much more than I already was.

I tuned into the show late, because for some reason I got confused with my time conversion and thought it started at 9:00 CST. I turned it on at 8:30, right in the middle of the Detroit trailer. Looked interesting, but I haven't been a fan of past Quantic Dreams games so I'm always wary of stuff they show. This one did look like a marked improvement over their past games tho, especially in the acting dept.

Then the next trailer started. Hrm, horror game - looks new. New IP, I mean. No existing IP crossed my mind that it could have been - SH is dead, and...what else could this possibly be? Definitely showing VR, not sure I'm up to playing a game like this in VR. Song starts, trailer is building to an end... RESIDENT EVIL!?!?  Mind. Blown.

From there it was just non-stop. The VR stuff didn't look like party game crap shovelware - they were actual IPs with signs of real effort put behind them. Maybe many of them were short experiences, but still - that's ok. Even tho we didn't see any footage from Batman, the Rocksteady logo at the end gave me confidence in that one. X-Wing in VR? Yes, please! :)  Then they showed another space game, didn't look familiar to me at all (because I had ignored all the hubub over the new CoD, as I usually do). Dogfighting to fighting in space to a fps on a space station? Definitely looks cool. CoD?? Hrm, well, that one's on my radar now. Then Crash 1-3 remakes from the ground up? Awesome, surprised there's not more hype over this, but maybe it's just because there was SO MUCH GOOD shown! A Spider-man game - ahh, this is where they start coastin...made by Insomniac??? Oh, HELL yes! Days Gone took a very similar concept as TLoU and made what appears to be a very different game - cool. Absolutely interested.

Then I went back & watched the beginning of the show that I had missed. I'm hyped for a GoW game. Might not sound like much, but I've been one of the series' biggest detractors since the second one. This game looks like everything I had wished they'd do with the series and then some! The Days Gone trailer, still awesome. Horizon I was already hyped for, but that gameplay kicked it up to 11. My wife said we'll probably have to fight over that one - she liked that there was a female main character in what she said is the type of game that typically has a male main character.

Just amazing, start to finish. If I had to pick one thing to criticize, the only thing I could find would be the Lego Star Wars trailer because that game is practically out already. But then jumped from game to game so quickly that who could complain? It was over before you had a chance to get annoyed, and they were on to something else awesome. OH! And the Kojima game! Awesome reveal. He had said a little while back that he's working on a triple-A action title for Sony, so that's what I expect the genre to be (unless he flat out lied, which I wouldn't put past him - he IS sneaky ;) ).

EA Conference - didn't watch / no score
Microsoft Conference - 2/5, being generous because I *have* seen worse. Practically everything was known already, and little of it was impressive to me. Interested in a handful of the games they showed, but for PC.
Ubisoft Conference - 4/5, more info on several games I was already interested in plus a very nice reveal of a new IP in Steep
Sony Conference - 10/5, they destroyed it and completely blew away any expectations I had. They made me seriously regret canceling my VR preorder, and that's something I didn't think was possible.

What time is the Nintendo thing today?

I never did preorder the VR system and really, I'm cool with waiting until tax time when I won't feel so guilty about dropping $400 or more.  But yeah, the games looked very polished and not cheap.  The X-Wing flying looked bad-ass.  Sony was really pushing the Star Wars thing which clicked with me.  So did the Spider-Man game reveal.  Are Sony and Disney teamed-up here because it sure seems that way.  They are riding the Civil War and Star Wars hype train!

I've actually seen a few sites talking about how Microsoft destroyed everyone at their E3 conference.  I can't figure out how as it was a murky hardware reveal about the best looking pixels ever seen.  Whatever the hell that means.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2016, 11:26:59 am »
Half an hour till Nintedo goes live and we finally get to see what Zelda actually is.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2016, 11:43:40 am »
Have my coffee, nintendo better put a smile on my face
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:24 am »
I never did preorder the VR system and really, I'm cool with waiting until tax time when I won't feel so guilty about dropping $400 or more.  But yeah, the games looked very polished and not cheap.  The X-Wing flying looked bad-ass.  Sony was really pushing the Star Wars thing which clicked with me.  So did the Spider-Man game reveal.  Are Sony and Disney teamed-up here because it sure seems that way.  They are riding the Civil War and Star Wars hype train!

I've actually seen a few sites talking about how Microsoft destroyed everyone at their E3 conference.  I can't figure out how as it was a murky hardware reveal about the best looking pixels ever seen.  Whatever the hell that means.   ::)

Sony still holds the film rights to Spidy, they just worked out an agreement w/ Disney/Marvel so they can use him. But the game rights are separate, and I'm not sure who has those now. I think it was Activision at one point...

The MS show was nowhere near the best, not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion. Heck, they spent 10-15 mins talking about & showing Minecraft???
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:05 am »
The MS show was nowhere near the best, not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion. Heck, they spent 10-15 mins talking about & showing Minecraft???

That's hilarious lol  Microsoft failed even from a technical point of view.  Microsoft was constantly pulling away from gameplay footage to show off their overly fancy stage and it made it awful.  Sony did it very sparingly or showed it with multiple windows.  Sony annihilated Microsoft once again and they didn't have to show off their new console to try and one up them like that.  Just relentlessly showed games, games, and games.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2016, 12:01:04 pm »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
Zelda: Breath of the Wild, so good.

argyle

« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2016, 12:08:26 pm »
New Zelda is definitely pretty - subtitle is "Breath of the Wild". Reggie's hyperbole about "changing the way you see games" seems like just that tho - it looks like it's doing open world things that other games have been doing. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

I'll admit that the long dev cycle & numerous delays for this one have dulled my interest in it some.

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:47 pm »
Impressive really.  Fully open world, cooking, what seems almost like a type of crafting or item creation.  You can chop down trees and they react with proper physics, so you can create a tree bridge over a gap if you want.  The gimmick is the book and seems to be what you use to interact with certain things.  Link primarily wore the blue we've seen, but I also saw him wear silver armor with possibly sheikah designs around the cloth, just shorts for swimming at one point, and I thought another.  The game has a more stylized look than I was almost expecting.  Kinda something like Skyward Sword and Wind Waker abit.  He used multiple weapons, with only one seeming rather proper as a spear with that design that they showed in the magic arrows in that old reveal trailer.  There was a curved sword and a regular spear that he wielded.  He can also climb what looked literally anywhere.

There looks like there might be some voice acting in the game according to the Japanese trailer.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:23:20 pm by kamikazekeeg »

rayne315

« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2016, 12:21:39 pm »
I left for work right after my last post on here. I half hoped to get some DQ info (not sure if Square Enix still has anything to announce). But did not expect any of the God of War info yet. :D

Nice to get a release date on Last guardian only a full year later  ::)

Holy shit buckets bat man! its finally happening all those long years of me waiting!!! please hold me I may faint! I already got the collectors edition pre ordered through amazon and am going to pre-order the base game to open and play. I also have long since spoken to the GameStop I frequent (every 2 weeks for the last 4 years) and they will be saving me any promotional material they get in including posters/lanyards/displays they happen to get in for it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:23:47 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2016, 12:27:26 pm »
Impressive really.  Fully open world, cooking, what seems almost like a type of crafting or item creation.  You can chop down trees and they react with proper physics, so you can create a tree bridge over a gap if you want.  The gimmick is the book and seems to be what you use to interact with certain things.  Link primarily wore the blue we've seen, but I also saw him wear silver armor with possibly sheikah designs around the cloth, just shorts for swimming at one point, and I thought another.  The game has a more stylized look than I was almost expecting.  Kinda something like Skyward Sword and Wind Waker abit.  He used multiple weapons, with only one seeming rather proper as a spear with that design that they showed in the magic arrows in that old reveal trailer.  There was a curved sword and a regular spear that he wielded.  He can also climb what looked literally anywhere.

There looks like there might be some voice acting in the game according to the Japanese trailer.

So....Zelda is finally catching up to what all other open world games have been doing for the last ten years?  Got it.   ::)

argyle

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2016, 12:29:49 pm »
Alright, well they're showing what feels like an eternity of Pokemon, so I'm done with that show.  Good job Nintendo - 1/5.