Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 18050 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2016, 12:17:01 am »
WTF Nintendo? Seriously, what the hell was that? You didn't even try.

karyann

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:58 am »
Oh my gosh guys. I was so disappointed by Nintendo yesterday, the Zelda trailer was amazing and then bam, boring. BUT IT'S NOT OVER! I just learned that they're announcing stuff today! Including a new RPG IP for the 3DS.

kashell

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:48 am »
A new RPG for the 3DS? That has me interested.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »
Not that I'm complaining, because both of them look awesome.

But the new God of War looks like they are just trying to rip-off Skyrim. And the new Zelda looks like it's trying to rip-off Far Cry: Primal's gameplay.

And it looks like God of War is going to do a better job at it out of the two.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:50:23 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »
Im hype for the new God of War. Its the only series of games that I have played through fully every entry.

« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
Ever Oasis is Nintendo's New 3DS RPG.  It's a cute chibi art style fantasy action RPG where you also build your own oasis/town apparently.  Seems alright.

Pokemon Go releases with the accessory for 34.99 at the end of July.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:46:20 pm by kamikazekeeg »

rayne315

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2016, 03:46:42 pm »
Ever Oasis is Nintendo's New 3DS RPG.  It's a cute chibi art style fantasy action RPG where you also build your own oasis/town apparently.  Seems alright.

... so a modern day dark cloud? id be game if so.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »

... so a modern day dark cloud? id be game if so.

It didn't seem that involved from the trailer to me.

kashell

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »

You build your own oasis town...?

Pass.

« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2016, 05:22:34 pm »
Dragon Quest VII is out on September 16th.

*EDIT*
I cleaned up the front page to just be about the news and with basically everything done from the big companies, I'll try and go back to see if I can find details of anything announced this past few days and put into an "Other News" list to compile that stuff.  Feel free to link or post stuff for that here because there was lots of random news throughout the past few days.

Little bit of new Zelda information, but apparently the game can be played with the Wii U Pro controller and since it is said that the experience of the game will be the same on both Wii U and NX, the initial idea that perhaps the NX would have a gamepad like the Wii U might not be true.  I was thinking this also when they displayed the game and how the Slate is straight up a gamepad.  I could see Nintendo going with a standard controller, but one like the PS4 perhaps.  Get rid of the touch screen, but keep the gyro.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:09:33 pm by kamikazekeeg »

karyann

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2016, 12:10:07 pm »

Pass.

I only listened to small segments, but I seem to understand that you build the shops and have to fetch materials to make them carry more inventory for other adventurers to buy. When more adventurers move in your oasis you can hire them, which then unlocks new areas to explore since they have different abilities. I don't know how it will turn out in the end, but I'm currently interested in seeing more! I love the gather/craft format and it seems like this is a big part of this game too.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:17 pm »
Can someone point me to a readers digest version of E3?  What wowed?  What sucked?  What was a surprise?

kashell

« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

Pass.

I only listened to small segments, but I seem to understand that you build the shops and have to fetch materials to make them carry more inventory for other adventurers to buy. When more adventurers move in your oasis you can hire them, which then unlocks new areas to explore since they have different abilities. I don't know how it will turn out in the end, but I'm currently interested in seeing more! I love the gather/craft format and it seems like this is a big part of this game too.

Maybe I'll look more into it. It might be like an Atelier title. I just never cared for Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon games and that was my initial impression of it.

soera

« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »
Ummm O M G ... another MMO coming to PS4 - http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2016/4896.html

ffxik

« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2016, 10:31:58 pm »
Not that I'm complaining, because both of them look awesome.

But the new God of War looks like they are just trying to rip-off Skyrim. And the new Zelda looks like it's trying to rip-off Far Cry: Primal's gameplay.

And it looks like God of War is going to do a better job at it out of the two.

I would say Viking: Battle for Asgard.  Minus mandatory infiltration missions.