Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 16668 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 11:07:46 pm »
not impressed with bethesda, sadly...

Only things i like are some new fallout stuff and maybe dishonored 2 and skyrim, of course
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 11:09:51 pm »
not impressed with bethesda, sadly...

Only things i like are some new fallout stuff and maybe dishonored 2 and skyrim, of course

It was way better than EA's, but Bethesda didn't do much for me other than the Fallout 4 DLC and Prey.  I'm hoping the ending they tease Wolfenstein 2.

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »
I have to say Quake Championship and Skyrim Remastered have already made Bethesda's conference way better than EAs, but hot damn, I'm still hoping they pull out Elder Scrolls VI. I will lose my shit if they do!

That would be better way to end this after all this Dishonored 2 stuff.  I just want it cause I'm getting bored lol

Sadly this whole conference has been boring after the Quake announcement. I got a little excited for the Skyrim Remaster, but then remembered if you've been playing Skyrim on the PC you've had these visual upgrades and way, way more for years now. Sadly, I think they've been too busy trying to make Elder Scrolls Online more appealing rather than developing a new single player Elder Scrolls games :/

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 11:16:32 pm »
day 1 of E3 2016: mostly shit

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:00 pm »

sadly agree

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:52 pm »
And no ending game.  Disappointing.

It's actually technically Day 0, tomorrow is the actual start of E3 really lol

soera

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 11:48:55 pm »
Actually the 14th is supposed to be the first day. :P

Been at work all day so everything you guys posted and announced, I just read ... and so far, nothing appeals. I do have one question however ... is Titanfall 2 XBox only still? I heard 2 was going to be on the PS4 as well.

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:10 pm »

Been at work all day so everything you guys posted and announced, I just read ... and so far, nothing appeals. I do have one question however ... is Titanfall 2 XBox only still? I heard 2 was going to be on the PS4 as well.

PS4, Xbone, and PC.

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 12:34:47 am »
The only thing I liked from today was the Mafia III event on IGN. The gameplay is looking great.

That and Watch Dogs 2 (if that counts) are the only things I like from E3 so far. Horizon looks nice but not really something I think I'll buy.

Oh and the free DOOM demo is cool.

I'm excited for Ubisoft's conference for more on Watch Dogs 2 and South Park and PlayStation's conference for everything. I'll watch Xbox too but not expecting much since most things were leaked.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 12:41:07 am »

PS4, Xbone, and PC.

can confirm. might buy it since it fianlly has a SP

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:30 am »
Lets see...for tomorrow...

Microsoft - I'm excited for Dead Rising 4, despite knowing it exists, I'm just hoping they take what they learned in Dead Rising 3 and turn it into a better survival game or at least have the option for it.  They made things too easy and convenient.  Also looking forward to more Scalebound and Crackdown 3 gameplay.  Not that I have an Xbone, I'm just hoping for PC releases lol I'm expecting Dead Rising 4 to get a PC release, though maybe down the road like DR3 was.

Sony - I'm expecting Final Fantasy 7 gameplay, like they could probably just show a full on section of the game.  I'm kinda done with seeing anything on FFXV now because there's just been so much.  I also want more Horizon gameplay even if it got delayed.  I also assume they'll finally give a release date for The Last Guardian.  They HAVE to lol Not sure I'm expecting anything else new or what I'd want to see...Other than Crash Bandicoot.  I think it would be cool if they basically give the Ratchet & Clank treatment to Crash Bandicoot lol

Ubisoft - There's very little I'm looking forward to.  I'm getting to the point of being done with Ubisoft.  Watch Dogs 2 looks better and could be alright, but that is about it other than I'll be interested to see the new South Park game.  Not exactly excited for it though.  It's South Park lol

PC Game Show - I'm not sure what I am looking forward to that would be exclusively shown.  This is the wild card for me.

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 04:40:10 am »
Bethesda was a step down from last year; and it was always going to be.

Last year they had two pillars; Doom and Fallout 4. Flagship titles from their flagship studios.

Neither of those studios was  going to have a game ready to go this year.

That's why Quake: Champions was just a teaser trailer and why Bethesda only had Fallout 4 DLC and a Skyrim Remaster to show off.

This conference had one pillar and that was Dishonored 2; and it's not as big a pillar as the two we seen last year'; they likely over done it too tbh.

However Dishonored 2 looks awesome.

And the Prey reboot looks really interesting.

Not to mention they teased another Wolfenstein that one would presume will be the big reveal at Quakecon.

Seen some suggest they shouldn't have done a conference, I don't agree, just think it should have been shorter.

Also I'm convinced that if they'd wanted to, they could have shown Wolfenstein off as well.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:44:50 am by kmacdw »

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 04:42:43 am »

Last year they had two pillars; Doom and Fallout 4. Flagship titles from their flagship studios.

That's why Quake: Champions was just a teaser trailer and why Bethesda only had Fallout 4 DLC and a Skyrim Remaster to show off.

This conference had one pillar and that was Dishonored 2; and it's not as big a pillar as the two we seen last year'; they likely over done it too tbh.

Not to mention they teased another Wolfenstein that one would presume will be the big reveal at Quakecon.

Seen some suggest they should have done a conference, I don't agree, just think it should have been shorter.

Also I'm convinced that if they'd wanted to, they could have shown Wolfenstein off as well.

All they had to do was show a CG trailer like they did for Prey and Quake Champions.  They didn't need to Dishonored 2 to take up something like an entire 1/3rd of their event. I'm glad that it seems like they might be teasing Wolfenstein 2 as I really want it.  I'm hoping that it's being saved to be showed off tomorrow during one of the shows like the PC Game Show.  Quakecon is very possible too.

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:12 am »
I have to say Quake Championship and Skyrim Remastered have already made Bethesda's conference way better than EAs, but hot damn, I'm still hoping they pull out Elder Scrolls VI. I will lose my shit if they do!

That would be better way to end this after all this Dishonored 2 stuff.  I just want it cause I'm getting bored lol

Sadly this whole conference has been boring after the Quake announcement. I got a little excited for the Skyrim Remaster, but then remembered if you've been playing Skyrim on the PC you've had these visual upgrades and way, way more for years now. Sadly, I think they've been too busy trying to make Elder Scrolls Online more appealing rather than developing a new single player Elder Scrolls games :/
Separate studios work on the main line Elder Scrolls games and Elder Scrolls Online.

If you expected Elder Scrolls VI this year, you were always going to be disappointed.

Chances are Bethesda now will go away for the next 24 months before revealing Elder Scrolls VI at E3 2018 for release in November.

The engine is dated as hell, they need a new one, so that game was always going to take time.

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 04:46:21 am »

Seen some suggest they should have done a conference, I don't agree, just think it should have been shorter.

All they had to do was show a CG trailer like they did for Prey and Quake Champions.  They didn't need to Dishonored 2 to take up something like an entire 1/3rd of their event. I'm glad that it seems like they might be teasing Wolfenstein 2 as I really want it.  I'm hoping that it's being saved to be showed off tomorrow during one of the shows like the PC Game Show.  Quakecon is very possible too.
I don't think it was a lack of material, feel it was down to wanting to save it for another day.

Yeah I can't wait for Wolfenstein to be revealed myself, really enjoyed the first one.