Author Topic: Mini NES Classic Ediiton  (Read 16596 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Mini NES Classic Ediiton
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 10:10:44 am »

Final Fantasyl Little Samson (Just to throw the market in a flux  ;))
StarTropicsl Bonk's Adventure

I'd like to see another version of this with those crazy expensive games on it.  I know this is pie in the sky dreaming; but have a system with those prohibitively expensive games on it. 

I don't think it would do anything to the market.  Very few people are getting a Samson cart because it they just want to play it.  If you know what Little Samson is, you can figure out how to emulate.

doafan

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:52 am »
Just wondering why nobody has mentioned Zen: Intergalactic Ninja, Panic Restaurant or Zombie Nation anyway want to see if some hacker can manage to access the memory of the console but not for extend or increase the amount of titles but for change them for some more personal choices, for what am reading am not the only one that want to change some of them for some favorites  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Flashback2012

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

I'd like to see another version of this with those crazy expensive games on it.  I know this is pie in the sky dreaming; but have a system with those prohibitively expensive games on it. 

I don't think it would do anything to the market.  Very few people are getting a Samson cart because it they just want to play it.  If you know what Little Samson is, you can figure out how to emulate.

Oh I'm well aware. I've had plenty of chances in my time to pick up plenty of these now obscure NES games such as Panic Restaurant, Whomp 'Em, Fire N' Ice, etc.. I know for a fact I've personally held a cart-only Little Samson in my hand and passed on it because I thought I could find it CIB at one point (in hindsight, that was one of my more poorer decisions  :P). If anything, its inclusion would probably RAISE the price of the cart.  :P

Just wondering why nobody has mentioned Zen: Intergalactic Ninja, Panic Restaurant or Zombie Nation anyway want to see if some hacker can manage to access the memory of the console but not for extend or increase the amount of titles but for change them for some more personal choices, for what am reading am not the only one that want to change some of them for some favorites  ;D

I've NO doubt in my mind that someone is going to get a hold of one of these units, gut it like a fish, and put some kind of custom Raspberry Pi hardware in it that will run a NES emulator with tons of ROMs.  ;)

kashell

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 12:52:25 pm »
I saw an ad for this on Facebook the other day. Any idea where we'll be able to preorder/buy it?

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2016, 01:37:18 pm »
I saw an ad for this on Facebook the other day. Any idea where we'll be able to preorder/buy it?
Target and ToysRUs had it for preorder already I believe.

One of my wife's friends shared the ad to her, and all I can think is, we aren't buying this, I already own all these games.

desocietas

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 07:34:55 pm »
Hey, I thought this was cool:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/11/09/nes-classic-adapter-lets-you-use-actual-old-nes-controllers-.aspx

For anyone who was able to get a preorder for one, that is.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 12:29:30 pm »
That's a good idea to bad that didn't managed to get the Mini Nes but for what I read its compatible with the Wii  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »
Amazon is supposed to be putting the NES Classic on sale Friday at 2pm.  Probably will go crazy quick.

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:30 pm »
all i want is a few controllers

sworddude

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2016, 01:37:24 am »

Agreed besides you can already get cheap repro carts with 100+ games including little samson for only around 15 shipped, you could also go for free emulation and maybe an everdrive for all the games at ones if you'd like to play on original hardware.

That aside

Putting these rare or popular games on the newer plug'n play consoles or emulation have not helped to drop the price at all. Might have increased the price for all that we know. Besides if this would have any influence on the prices than games such megaman and zelda should have been bottom dollar by now because they are available everywhere these days and for a low price at that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:32:13 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2016, 11:47:06 am »
It has begun! Stories of Scalpers buying all of them at stores (despite limits??), gathering up 10+ consoles from multiple locations. And Sadly I'm seeing people paying as much a $300 for these on Ebay.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »
You could get a real NES and an HDMI upscaler for less than what people are charging for this.

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2016, 12:32:53 pm »
You could get a real NES and an HDMI upscaler for less than what people are charging for this.

Or a normal NES and nearly every game included on it.

kashell

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:31 pm »
It has begun! Stories of Scalpers buying all of them at stores (despite limits??), gathering up 10+ consoles from multiple locations. And Sadly I'm seeing people paying as much a $300 for these on Ebay.

Sheesh. Already? Part of me is surprised, but another part isn't. It's a weird feeling being a gamer these days.

sworddude

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2016, 02:21:37 pm »
It is kinda the hype train, i'm not buying it but than again I never am a fanboy for such things.
Your Stylish Sword Master!