Author Topic: Mini NES Classic Ediiton  (Read 16558 times)

doafan

Re: Mini NES Classic Ediiton
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2016, 03:00:29 pm »
And Sadly I'm seeing people paying as much a $300 for these on Ebay.

Three hundred is nothing, you have to see by yourself what this bastard is doing, practically he wants to became rich:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Mini-NES-Classic-Edition-2-Controllers-/122222187715?hash=item1c750294c3:g:0-4AAOSwo4pYJfrJ

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »
I went to two Targets, one Walmart, one BestBuy, and two GameStops. They all told me they sold out as soon as the stores opened. Gamestop stores were only given 12 units each.

All I wanted was the controller!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:06:11 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 12:51:11 am »
Played around with one tonight at a game meetup and while it's a nifty little thing (Absolutely tiny, you can't fathom how small it is till you really see it), I'm not too bummed about passing on it.  It's not something I'd really use a lot I feel, but I can see how when shown to people who haven't gamed much in years, this a good kick to the nostalgia and would get some people excited to play again or have something to show to their kids, which its great for.  I'd rather save my money for an AVS and Everdrive cart.  More expensive, but more real value.

Flashback2012

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:31 am »
I went to two Targets, one Walmart, one BestBuy, and two GameStops. They all told me they sold out as soon as the stores opened. Gamestop stores were only given 12 units each.

All I wanted was the controller!

Stopped by the GS across from my comic shop and the manager told me they only got in 4 units to sell. I'm wondering if his DM reallocated some units to busier stores in the district (wouldn't really surprise me because they did that when I worked there). The manager told me that he had a line about 15-20 deep a good hour before he was set to open.

You'd think after the ire they drew from the whole Amiibo nonsense that they'd have let that hyping nonsense die off but apparently not.  ::)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2016, 08:09:16 am »
More loads are comming, atleast thats what they say here in EU.

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2016, 10:33:04 am »
I heard a story of an mom & pop store ordering 90 units. NoA ships them 2. lol

Flashback2012

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2016, 11:05:44 am »
I heard a story of an mom & pop store ordering 90 units. NoA ships them 2. lol

LOL nice. On the flip side though, when you look at it, that's 88 sales they missed out on. If I were a stockholder and heard about that, I'd be calling for some heads to roll.  :P

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 11:23:07 am »
Nah, the buzz generated by being "sold out" is worth it.

This is the only thing making them relevant this Christmas season.

Selling out should be good for their stocks.

soera

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »
This thing is an weird anomaly right now. It has games on it that have been widely available to the public for up to 30 years and yet people are paying more for this than a brand new PS4. I honestly dont get it.

stlgamer75

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
This thing is an weird anomaly right now. It has games on it that have been widely available to the public for up to 30 years and yet people are paying more for this than a brand new PS4. I honestly dont get it.

I don't get it either. Why anyone would pay more than $70 for it I can't fathom. I WILL become available in mass quantities soon enough, everyone needs to calm the fuck down.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

sworddude

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2016, 10:18:18 am »
I don't get why people buy it for such a high price in the first place  ???

I can expect it for the regular people who want to relive some memories for the normal price but I find it insane that especially collectors want this plug n play console while an everdrive gives unlimited games instead of only 30. What's the appeal for a collector aside from another official collectible with nice packaging? I highly doubt that there are any regular people who want to buy one for the sake of reliving those memories for the inflated price. I think that only the collectors and semi collectors pay those insane prices who usually already have an nes with games, just for the sake of another collectible item.

You won't find me dead with a plug n play console not today not tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:21:33 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tpugmire

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »
Interesting that the Famicom version is quite a bit cheaper on eBay. Seems like they are starting at about $130.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »

Two core reasons:

1) Overall ignorance. Nobody on these forums (or really any gaming forums) is the target audience for this. The target is the adult who very casually plays games and/or wants to experience some childhood nostalgia. If you mention terms like emulation, ROMs, or virtual console to them, they'll react by tilting their head like a confused puppy. If you've ever had to be your family's IT person, it's people with that level of technological ignorance that Nintendo's gunning for.

2) It's basically one of the big holiday items for this season. So, people get panicky and desperate, because if that's not under the tree, then Christmas is ruined. So folks will shell out large wads of cash because they can't bear to get little Johnny something else or god forbid, an IOU. Hell, just look at all the tantrums being thrown on the item's amazon page about people being pissed off that Amazon sold out so fast. Those people simply don't realize that yes, they wanted one, but so did a few hundred thousand other people.

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2016, 12:32:02 am »
I'd love to someday pick up one of these and give it to my dad.  He could play old Zelda 1 and 2 with no issues, no roms, it just plugs right into a TV, it's incredibly handy and straightforward and he might even get a kick out of some of the other games since he can't do anything too fast paced.  Doesn't have the dexterity for it.  Him, people who haven't bought a new Nintendo system in years, or parents wanting to show their kids what they use to play, that's who this is for.  It's a very smart thing to do, though Nintendo is being shitty with stock like they always are.  Either they are purposefully releasing small amounts of stock to build hype, or they are just oblivious to their own market.  I wouldn't put either past them.

sworddude

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:43 am »

Two core reasons:

1) Overall ignorance. Nobody on these forums (or really any gaming forums) is the target audience for this. The target is the adult who very casually plays games and/or wants to experience some childhood nostalgia. If you mention terms like emulation, ROMs, or virtual console to them, they'll react by tilting their head like a confused puppy. If you've ever had to be your family's IT person, it's people with that level of technological ignorance that Nintendo's gunning for.

2) It's basically one of the big holiday items for this season. So, people get panicky and desperate, because if that's not under the tree, then Christmas is ruined. So folks will shell out large wads of cash because they can't bear to get little Johnny something else or god forbid, an IOU. Hell, just look at all the tantrums being thrown on the item's amazon page about people being pissed off that Amazon sold out so fast. Those people simply don't realize that yes, they wanted one, but so did a few hundred thousand other people.

I agree that the mini Nes is for the target people like you mentioned however at least in my country it seems that only collectors get these consoles. however you think that these normal people pay those insane prices and not collectors for the sake of another collectible?
Your Stylish Sword Master!