Author Topic: Resident Evil Revelations variant.  (Read 1117 times)

scott

Resident Evil Revelations variant.
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
Hey all, not sure if anyone else caught this. But apparently we have our first 3DS variant. The spine of Resident Evil: Revelations has a typo and they have shipped out corrected copies to retail.

http://m.kotaku.com/5893218/capcom-says-resident-evil-revelations-spelling-error-was-embarrassing?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

Re: Resident Evil Revelations variant.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »
We got our copy from GameStop on release day...ours IS misspelled. So I don't know how many made it out into the wild, but I know at least one GameStop that got some.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 03:14:23 pm »
A lot of people thought there wouldn't be any new copies with the fixed spelling. Myself included.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 03:34:59 pm »
As far as I know only the first shipment had the misspelled word on it. This was found a couple days before the game came out, so further shipments were probably corrected.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »
Supposedly a store by me has a misspelled one on the shelf. I'm gonna go there tonight to see if its still there.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »
It's times like this that I am so glad I don't go after variants. I have enough of a problem affording one copy.

madmax

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:35 pm »
This was posted on Reddit a little while back. People were going crazy trying to get the misspelled variant before the new batch came in. I'm sure a very large amount of those have been kept sealed too.

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:08 pm »
I'm not super into variants either, but I do like Resident Evil and it would have been nice to gotten my hands on one. Sadly it was already gone when I got there... I did get a few NES games while I was there though and one impressive find...