Author Topic: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16401 times)

soera

Re: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 04:16:58 pm »
Xbox One
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
I'm pondering buying this one.  It's $5 at walmart right now.

It's a very interesting game to play. The controls are difficult.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »

Another good weekend haul, just hit the local retro shops. 

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 07:37:00 pm »
 ;D

Got that around noon today. Tempted to fire it up when I get home, but so many other games to be played...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 11:11:23 pm »
Went to Goodwill today and found a bunch of Gamecube games, although the cashier told me someone picked up a bunch before I got there. Oh well, here's what I got in the past week:

Goodwill:
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (CIB,X360)- $1
Crash: Wrath of Cortex ( no manual,GC)- $3
MC Groovz dance Craze ( CIB, GC)- $3
Pool Paradise (no manual, GC)-$3
LOTR: The Third Age ( CIB, GC)- $3
1080 Avalanche (CIB,GC)-$3
Mario Power Tennis (no manual, GC)-$3
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee( no manual, GC)- $3
A Bard's Tale (CIB,Xbox)- $4
Luigi's Mansion:Dark Moon ( CIB,3DS)-$5

GS- Cory in the House DS cart- $1.79
Etrian Mystery Dungeon Launch Edition 3DS- $16

I also ordered an Lunar Silver Story Complete from AWD, but had to return it and get a refund because it was missing most of the extras and the soundtrack CD.

necrosexual

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2016, 11:52:22 pm »
;D

Got that around noon today. Tempted to fire it up when I get home, but so many other games to be played...

if you do fire it up please do tell what you think...

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2016, 12:02:10 am »
maximo310, nice GC pickups! I don't have many games for that system, but I'm always looking out to get more. It's got a fun library.

necrosexual, more than likely, my bf will play it first but I'll let you know what he thinks and what my impressions will be from watching him. I haven't seen anyone else play it yet, so it'll be a fresh experience.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 12:41:59 am »
;D

Mine's supposed to show up tomorrow. I'm curious to try it out and hope it lives up to the hype!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:08 am »
I'm waiting it out, I'm skeptical.

shepard11

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2016, 11:50:14 am »
So far it's been a Sonic Day for me.

Sega Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Spinball
Sonic & Knuckles

PSP:
Sonic Rivals 2

Going to a town I haven't been to yet here in about an hour with the  wife hope I find something at their store if I don't at least I can say I've been to that store finally. Updated:So I went to the other town with the other store and it was a bust. One their ac was broken so it was a nice humid 100 degrees in their shop. Two their prices were a joke. I understand pricing your rare games but pricing them not to sell is insane I'd never pull that crap in my comic shop. I did pick up 3 games while I was there for a whole 5 mins. (So hot!)

Sega Genesis:
Eternal Champions (in box)

Sega Dreamcast:
4x4 Evolution

PSP:
God of War Chains of Olympus

I would like to go when it's cooler and maybe get a better grasp of their inventory when I'm not roasting.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:33:06 pm by shepard11 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2016, 01:46:48 pm »
Found something over the weekend that will make gf78 drool...

http://vgcollect.com/item/56966

Found that CIB at a place for only $6.  ;D I snagged that but had to leave behind a slew of other CIB Big Box SW games due to lack of funds.  :(

I have a picture of the boxes on my phone but I can't find the cord to upload it to my PC. The games that got left behind included...

Rogue Squadron 3D
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
X-Wing Alliance
X-Wing Collector Series
X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter: Balance of Power
Rebellion
Rebel Assault

I'm sure if I'm ever in the area again they'll be gone.  :-[

maximo310

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »
maximo310, nice GC pickups! I don't have many games for that system, but I'm always looking out to get more. It's got a fun library.
Thanks, it's one of my favorite systems of all time. You do have to hunt quite a bit to get good deals nowadays, but the exclusives on the GC, and the og xbox as well, are pretty fun and unique for their time.

desocietas

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2016, 03:04:28 pm »
Just to get back to folks curious about No Man's Sky, I only got to watch maybe like 30 minutes of my bf's playthrough before I had to get some sleep.

From the very first early impressions:
- UI for inventory and such looks waaay too similar to Destiny, in my opinion. Destiny's UI bothers in the fact that it looks like it would work way better with a mouse rather than analog sticks. They have you choose options and item boxes with a little circular cursor and your analog stick, and I find that to be way slower than just having it automatically select an option and you click left/right/up/down to choose something.
- The exploration and multi-tool reminds me of Starbound. Feels like a first-person Starbound in that way, without the digging (unless there's digging later).
- Game crashed for the BF at the first savepoint, so he had to start over pretty much.
- I had already been asleep at this point, but it sounds like his journey had to end because he arrived on a second space station, but he was unable to travel beyond that because he had run out of fuel and had no means of acquiring more (as far as he knew). I guess if all the planets are procedurally generated, it's not completely impossible for you to land in an area where you're basically trapped because you don't have the tools to deal with the new location. Maybe there was a way to get out of there or maybe there wasn't. Since it was his first jab at the game, I think he say's he's going to have to scrap that playthrough.
- The game is beautiful, though, and he said he was happy to just wonder around one planet for a while looking for new things and figuring out what everything meant.

In the end, I'll have to give it a go myself. Looks good, but also looks so much like Destiny, it bothers me. I haven't even played Destiny, but I guess I don't feel a connection with those aesthetics.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2016, 01:48:01 am »
Just to get back to folks curious about No Man's Sky, I only got to watch maybe like 30 minutes of my bf's playthrough before I had to get some sleep.

interesting. i'm not surprised the game is having a hard time running... small team and all.
i'm still sorely tempted to go out and buy it tomorrow and take up my manager's offer to download the patch at work, but i've come down with a serious case of food poisoning... probably shouldn't spread into the workplace ;I
the only thing i'm interested in is the exploration factor... i can deal with everything else. but that fuel issue seems rather... cumbersome? if you just want a chill game, doing that kind of micromanaging seems almost counterintuitive to what i was 'expecting', i suppose.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

desocietas

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2016, 03:23:08 am »
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

He played more today and enjoyed it quite a bit. Got a better idea of how to manage his fuel and hasn't had any trouble really. It looks like a good game for just exploring and wandering around, and the environments are huge. Not too much micromanaging when I watched him tonight. I'm tempted to try it out for myself tomorrow night...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jupiter

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2016, 07:18:38 am »
Added some of my favorite games of the fifth/sixth gen so far this month.

Xbox:
Soul Calibur II
Gladius
Ninja Gaiden
Jade Empire
KOTOR II
Morrowind
X-men Legends

-got the above bundle for 25, decent deal!

PS2:
FFX (better copy)
Resident Evil 4

Decent start so far, a bit xbox heavy but good games all around. I still need a damn gamecube, but all these great games keep popping up :(