Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 9138 times)

rayne315

Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »
The game is a solely singleplayer experience.  You literally cannot interact with other players.

you CAN interact with other players. the problem with it though is with the vastness of this game the chances of you running into another player would be the equivalent of winning the lottery. im assuming as the game progresses and more people get to the center of the universe we will start seeing real people.
No.  You CANNOT.  Sean Murray confirmed that it is a strictly singleplayer game.  2 players met up on 1 planet and could not see each other.  Changes made on the planet did not change on the other player's game.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/762688708764135425

that's a bit weird because of this

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/763270259080097792
Read the replies, read the articles, read the posts.  They literally did NOT meet each other.  They were literally on the exact same planet, at the same (real life) time, at the same place, streaming on twitch.  They couldn't see each other.  They did things to the planet that were not reflected in each other's game.

the context of his tweets is what im pointing out.

We added a 'scan for other players' in the Galactic Map to try to encourage this happening. We wanted it to happen - but the first day?

feature were specifically added to help and encourage people to find each other

It is a testament to how amazing our network coders are that Discoveries are still working at all.

there are extreme burdens on the games servers since the launch of the game. (which could have caused issues)

as for the line you added
They did things to the planet that were not reflected in each other's game.

numerous time I went to my starting planet, which had a monolithic (rare ore?) deposit that towers above the landscape and is right by a small settlement of 2 buildings that has the beacon thing that allows you to name an area (I named it "Teeth Monster Valley" because of all the caves nearby that have entrances that look like giant monsters). anyway every time I went to the world I would mine the ENTIRITY of the monolith and would leave to the space station and sell the things I received from it, and every time I returned to the same spot (nearby the beacon of "Teeth Monster Valley") the monolith was fully intact. in other words... The server/game isn't even saving the data of what you do when you leave a world.

Im not saying you are wrong because I may just be wanting this too hard buy I am saying there is a chance you can meet people just issues got in the way.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:42:58 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »
Is Sean the developer? He sounds like a moron. And a liar.
Director, Designer, Programmer, Founder of Hello Games.

Interesting. I'm sure it's stressful to be develop a game of any size, but the dude should have at least been truthful.

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »
sniggety snip
I was not aware that things you do in your own game don't save either.  Everything I heard sounded otherwise.  Another aspect that sounds slightly disappointing.

But yes, I suppose it is possible that it is server issues, but if it is, he should be straight forward and explain that these features SHOULD work and not just ignore these concerns.

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »
Interesting package variation discovered:
http://imgur.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/V8BGZSQ

rayne315

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
Interesting package variation discovered:
http://imgur.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/V8BGZSQ

that is... very cheap...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
I put a good number of hours into it yesterday and while it's very well put together, especially for the smaller team that made, I feel like I've already seen most of the games variation after about 4 galaxy hops.  The randomized designs have only so much to them and the ruins and outposts you find have a very limited design to them also, so you are constantly going to the same places that seem to barely change from what I've seen.  Even between different species, they have the same buildings, just with different doors.  It's pretty lazy.  They really could've used more inbetween things to do.  Side missions, random events, there's none of that.  Everything feels so static.

It also has a super terrible inventory design.  Want to upgrade that ship? Well I hope you don't want to store anything! Same for your exosuit.  Not too mention you have to keep certain things stored to fuel everything, cutting down on even more space.  All it takes is a few loot boxes to get filled up and run out of space, forcing you to make the trip to a trading post to sell.

It's not a bad game in any way, it looks pretty good on PS4, but it just feels kinda shallow.

Anyways, is gold basically the best way to grind for cash?  I did that for abit earlier on, but to hit millions, it's gonna take a lot of grinding.

rayne315

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 04:51:42 pm »
i don't know it was just something i have ALOT of in a very confined space on one of my worlds i believe it was only 220 base with a +4% increase on galactic average so 229 a piece with my upgraded miner gun i can get a bunch in a short period. i know killing drones drops 10-25,000 (insert currency) in items, but they don't stack BUT you can also get blueprints for better stuff. you can make things and sell them, of what little i did (5 minutes) i made those like key? hacking device? things and they made a good profit but i definitely preferred mining over it. there are rarer minerals im sure that are more expensive than gold but for me not worth it to find.

i always sell all my fuel in the space station and go and mine the asteroids for what i need for a single trip. i wish you could do something to stock pile materials.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:54:42 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 04:53:12 pm »
Ughhhhh waiting for Friday for pc version to hit steam. Ughhh
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 05:20:26 pm »
It would be nice if the galactic trade terminal had a storage bank.  I don't need it to be like 100 slots, but I have more than a few slightly rarer materials that I don't use, because I'm lacking other things to utilize them or don't have enough of the material anyways and it would be nice to have like a 10 to 20 slot bank to shove this stuff into and clear up a some room within the little space they gave me as it is. 

It's either I choose to have a few extra slots of freight, but then basically be gimped in a fight, or be decked out for a space fight, but then have very little room to store anything lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:22:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

rayne315

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 05:53:33 pm »
It would be nice if the galactic trade terminal had a storage bank.  I don't need it to be like 100 slots, but I have more than a few slightly rarer materials that I don't use, because I'm lacking other things to utilize them or don't have enough of the material anyways and it would be nice to have like a 10 to 20 slot bank to shove this stuff into and clear up a some room within the little space they gave me as it is. 

It's either I choose to have a few extra slots of freight, but then basically be gimped in a fight, or be decked out for a space fight, but then have very little room to store anything lol

and larger storage ships maneuver horribly, if your not going 100U? or slower good luck on your turn. hopefully there are seeker missiles or something for me so i can still be forceful.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 06:09:23 pm »

and larger storage ships maneuver horribly, if your not going 100U? or slower good luck on your turn. hopefully there are seeker missiles or something for me so i can still be forceful.

I've not done any space battling yet myself, but I have one of the bulkier ships at the moment, so I assume I'm in the same boat on this.

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »
I'm enjoying the game with the few hours I've spent with it.  I am not finding it difficult or finding myself lost on what to do.  The game is about discovery much like the first time you play Minecraft.  Yeah, you're not building structures, yet, but you do a lot of crafting early on and it's good fun.  It's exploration, discovery, buying low and selling high, and a mindless game....in a good way.  It's not like every game on the shelf and that's also a good thing.  Good fun so far...

necrosexual

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »
man oh man am i not surprised that this game has less than a 5/10 on metacritic. i knew this was gonna happen. yikes. the hype was too much, it was doomed to have shit user scores.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 12:33:15 am »
I've gotten to the point after 10+ hours of play where I'm just continually trying to dive deeper into the universe.  Apparently to beat one of the storylines, you need at least 10 of a certain item on you, so that'll pad out the game like crazy while I try to get them.  Once in awhile I get back to exploring a planet, but it's gotten old way fast, so I'm only trying to get stuff I need, which is tough to do sometimes.  I have managed to expand my character more, but being that need 10 unstackable items, it basically means all the extra space I get is useless.  Worst inventory system ever lol

I was surprised by a random ship battle with some hostile targets coming after me, but space battles are fairly dull, so my want for randomized events was kinda soured lol I'm probably just gonna hurry up, try to beat the story and then maybe get rid of this game, trade it in or sell it off.  I thought I could deal with the mindless exploration, it would be fun enough to do while a podcast is going, but I'm bored already with the lack of any real interesting content in the game.

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 02:19:36 am »
I tried to lower my expectations as much as possible before the release because of all the hype that was going on. With that said, I must say that now after 6-8 hours played, I'm very satisifed with what I have seen. I guess what is interesting is what I will be thinking in 10-20 hours, will I be totally done with it then? Not so sure yet

I do not mind the singleplayer part of it, in fact I always thought "hey, this game is so big they could essentially say that it's multiplayer and then simply not develop that functionality and people wouldn't have noticed", of course I was wrong but again, I don't mind