Author Topic: Do you focus on Achievements/Trophies?  (Read 7150 times)

Re: Do you focus on Achievements/Trophies?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 11:34:56 am »
I have never been a fan of the achievement/trophy feature in modern games. I can definitely see the value in them and why some people play games simply to unlock the trophies, but it has never been something that's ever motivated me more to play a game or a game a specific way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 12:59:21 pm »
I want more tangible unlockables, than just trophies. Resident Evil games are great at that. After you beat the game you usually get a harder mode, a mercenary mode, or a survival mode or something; and extras like new costumes or a new character to play as. I want to earn something that adds to the game, like that.

argyle

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 09:54:50 am »
I thought this was an old topic I had already replied to, but I guess the subject just came up again. :P

It completely depends on the game. I like to glance at the trophy list before starting something - if it looks like a fun list that's do-able within reason, I'll work towards them. If I see some crazy "beat the game on insanity mode" or "play 100 hours online" garbage, I'll just ignore them. I think the last game I got a plat in was Doom this Summer, and it was a blast to do so. The only semi-annoying trophy was the last one where you had to beat the first level on Ultra Nightmare. But there was a way to skip most of that level, and since it was all that was standing between me & the plat I went for it. :) Now if it had wanted me to beat the ENTIRE GAME on that difficulty, then that would not have happened.  ;)

Some of the most enjoyable plats I've gotten are Doom, Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Kingdoms of Amalur.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

madmax

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 10:47:41 am »

Some of the most enjoyable plats I've gotten are Doom, Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Kingdoms of Amalur.

You know. I have never played FFXIII-2 because my PS3 died just as I completed FFXIII. Your post inspired me to look up the roadmap for XIII-2 and now I really want to play it. I hope they have some cheap PS3s soon, maybe black friday. I'd love to sink my teeth back into PS3 era RPGs.

kashell

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 11:13:21 am »
The platinum for FFXIII-2 was really fun and not nearly as time consuming as the one for FFXIII. I think you'll enjoy it.

Personally, the platinum for Lightning Returns was my favorite of the three to get.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »
REALLY depends on the game. In general I do like going for trophies and achievements, but it's rarely my primary goal. In general I do really like it whenever I get a little pop-up telling me I achieved something, but I only actively go for achievements if I've done literally everything else there is to do in the game (and most of the time when this happens I'm done with the game anyway, minus a few exceptions).
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

theflea

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 02:04:01 am »
I own a PS3, PS4, XB360 and an XBone and I find i dont care about collecting trophys on PS but on Xbox I try and go after as many achievements as I can. I have over 155,000gs points on Xbox. While PS I might have 100 trophys.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 08:58:15 pm »
 no interest in Achievements/Trophies.i play games just for fun

lordscott

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 09:52:56 pm »
no interest in Achievements/Trophies.i play games just for fun

Thank you me too i play games just for fun too & if i get all the achievements while i play the game at same time then that's fine if u can't then that's fine too if you know what mean.

I like to say it again me too i play games just for fun too i don't care about Achievements/Trophies i play a game it's because of i love gaming :).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:55:25 pm by lordscott »

deftommo

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »
They're far from my main focus, but if I enjoy a game enough I'll try to get as many as I can.

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 03:24:13 pm »
Dont care about them, never have.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 03:02:37 am »
I enjoy challenging or interesting achievements to go after, or weird obscure ones that you might not have attempted otherwise. I used to be really bad about them on 360, trying to play shitty games with easy achievements just to get the score up, but I haven't had that mentality in years now and just enjoy them as a side thing, if they aren't there no big deal at all.

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
I have run into some instances where you cannot get an achievement anymore, but they aren't disabled.

Nuclear Dawn has some time sensitive ones, such as killing a Developer in a certain year. There aren't that many people on these servers, so it is difficult to even know if a dev would show up and/or if you would get the achievement if you killed them. Killing Floor has time sensitive achievements also, but it is only on the description. For example, there is one to get an achievement killing various Christmas themes monsters (I think a Santa also) at a specific time in the past. But you can get those at any time now if you play on the Christmas map.

Red Faction: Armageddon has a bunch of achievements for the co-op Infestation mode, where you just kill waves of enemies. The matchmaking is non-existant and I have never seen any other players on this mode. The mode or maps themselves are difficult to play by yourself. You will die a lot this way. But it seems possible to get all of the achievements in this way, playing by yourself in boring game and dying all the time. But then since there is never any other player to play with, you won't get the revives achievement, or the 4 player one. Strangely, the other bonus mode (Ruin Mode) has no achievements at all.

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »
I have run into some instances where you cannot get an achievement anymore, but they aren't disabled.

There are groups of people that help with that. On either Xbox Achievements or on True Achievements (or their Playstation counterparts), you can set up or join boosting sessions to help belt out all those multiplayer achievements that practically everyone hates.