Author Topic: Which do you prefer PC gaming,console gaming,handheld gaming or all of the above  (Read 3855 times)

kashell

Console and portable are about tied. For the most part, I pay attention to both types equally. Obviously, if I'm on a trip there will be more time dedicated to the portables. Similarly, some days I am super-lazy and don't want to have the controller pried from my hands.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I gamed on a PC. I don't see that number changing anytime soon, either. I work in IT, and I am in front of a computer all day. The last thing I want to do after work is be in front of a another one.

Bumped 10/28/2019

I prefer playing on a Console more today than a traditional Computer or Handheld device

To be honest I only have 3 games on my computer today, growing up as a PC gamer I've had a lot of compatibility trouble with some mid 1990's games back in the day when 3D polygons became a thing. MS/DOS games however I've had almost no trouble with and the same goes with most of my tv consoles.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

Boy, the lines on this are blurred these days.

The different clients on PC pretty much make computers upgradeable consoles. So, PC and console are nearly the same thing.  The big exception is with consoles, I don’t have to worry about specs. All my PS4 games work on my PS4.

The Switch took a big swing and made consoles and portables the same thing. Now I can seamlessly play my handheld games on my tv or my console games on my handheld.

What a world to live in!

video games for Consoles and handhelds are almost always guaranteed to work. Unless the console or game is broken. PC is not. I grew up on PC's and I'd say playing video games on Windows 95 or Windows 98 and Windows XP were great.

but RAM hardware issues started to arise on some games, as soon as the 3D polygon graphics started. back in 1997 a cheaper PC would cost over $1000 USD, and a few years would pass and you would need to upgrade your RAM chips, or possibility buy a video card. I never had a video cards in any of my computers growing up. I will admit there was always ways of turning down the graphics on a lot of PC games to improve performance so I would do that instead.

Although PC gaming is still around, Most retro video games are becoming less and less compatible with modern computers as time goes on. in other words it's easier just to buy a console or handheld and play a game. of course I've seen frame rate drop on consoles as well, certain games believe it or not would need more RAM in a console that could not be updated easily.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

Necro Thread. Nice.

I'm a console gamer. I have been primarily since I got my NES back in 1991. Moved to Sega for Genesis and Game Gear. Then moved to Playstation on Christmas '95 and stuck with them ever since. I would occasionally have a secondary system like Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii and now Switch but Playstation has remained my main system for 25 years.

I did do some PC gaming back from 1999 to around 2005 or so. Played some great games like Unreal Tournament, UT2004, Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft. I even later jumped into Star Trek Online for a bit which was and still is the best Star Trek game created IMO. Luckily, it was ported to PS4 so I play it there now.

Handheld gaming was great back in the Game Gear and PSP days, but the Vita turned me off of it so quick that I don't think I'll ever buy myself another handheld ever again. I enjoyed Uncharted on it, but when not even Sony supported it after only two years, it became a waste of money. I still go back to my Game Gear though and am even still collecting a few gems for it. Looking to get an Everdrive for it next but it'll wait until next year or so.

ferraroso

I think the only games I've actually played for more than 30 minutes on PC were Duke Nukem 3D and the original versions of Counter Strike, so I can say I'm a console gamer.
Unless you consider the MSX to be a computer, than I'd say I've played a lot of PC in the last few years.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I am excited for all of it.

Also, Arcade gaming. :-)

That says, my Switch gets the most play as I can play anywhere.

Any kind of gaming is fine by me. Just as long as I'm not playing any god-awful games or playing on a trash console like the R-Zone, Game.com, etc.

astralsoul

Console gaming takes up 90% of my game time. I only play handheld or PC when there's a game I want to play that's only available in one of those forms.

mark1982

Mainly console, I do have a decent gaming PC but I don't necessarily use it to play games anymore. No time these days to tinker with specs here and there, mainly use it for work tbh.

And of course my Switch which gets most of the game time these days.
  l    l