Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12969 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 02:40:10 pm »
Got it on eBay I'll give it a proper review in another thread.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 12:46:50 am »

desocietas

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 03:01:32 am »
Jeez, I hope you have lots of room. I have those CEs and know how big that really is...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

realpoketendonl

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 05:19:24 am »
FINALLY got a Wii U!

What a steal! This practically new Wii U, with Super Smash Bros. and two more games for just 160! Combine that with that I won't have to buy Smash anymore (which I would've done for sure if I didn't get it with the console), and that's a pretty good bargain!...if not for one thing.
I knew the basic model had very little internal memory, but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad! I couldn't even install the Smash update on a completely empty system! Guess I misread the filesize of that update online. I don't have any HDDs with external power supplies just lying around, so I had to plug in a 16gb USB-stick until I get an USB-Y cable (which should come in tuesday) for my regular HDD. I hope it sticks with me for those couple of days...
While I was really annoyed at first by these and some other problems (like the INCREDIBLY slow downloading and installing), this all faded when I started playing. Already had Bayonetta 2 laying here as well, so between that and Smash I have enough to play for now :D
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

sworddude

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 06:02:00 am »
Not the best adds but definitly some titles wich I was after, I'm pleased

First of all 2 sega dreamcast games cib for 8,50 euro's a piece shipping included

power stone
sonic adventure

dragon valor cib excellent shape for 10 euro's shipping included

zone of the enders cib + demo and extra paper work for 2,50

batman returns sega cd deal cib excellent shape for free

CDI deal all for free cib and excellent shape

hotel mario
dragon's lair
the apprentice
christmas crisis
lost eden
kingdom the far reaches

I'll give it a shot I can always sell them dragon;s lair and hotel mario are keepers for sure

Ps1 deal all cib excellent shape

samurai showdown III
alundra + map
vandal hearts

Gameboy deal all cib and in excellent shape especially pleased with the english box version of Metroid. Only the nes and snes version left. In europe it is the hardest one to get.

Meroid II
sonic advance 2

Sonic pocket adventure european version cib for free

Altered beast
and golden axe warrior

both cib and for free and in excellent shape

Soleil the english box manual version cib excellent shape for free

In the end quite the amount of titles crossed of wich were high in my list

vandal hearts
alundra
golden axe warrior
soleil
metroid II

Your Stylish Sword Master!

doafan

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:06 pm »
Got it on eBay I'll give it a proper review in another thread.

Please send me the link of that thread one it's done, have a lot of curiosity and doubts about this repro ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 02:55:18 pm »

First haul of the month.

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2016, 07:43:35 pm »
Found some more cheap titles today.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2016, 10:55:38 pm »
Went to "Horrorfest" here locally at the flea market, and came across this guy for $20!  :D

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 01:41:02 am »
Went to "Horrorfest" here locally at the flea market, and came across this guy for $20!  :D

It isn't nearly as good as the arcade version, but I have very fond memories of playing this growing up.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 05:08:58 am »
Jeez, I hope you have lots of room. I have those CEs and know how big that really is...

Lol I didn't realized from the videos how big it was. It caught me by surprise. I had to buy a small table just for it.

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 07:01:02 am »
I will update with a list in a bit.

This is my Saturday finds.

So this was a long day.  A really long day.  We were out from 7am to 11pm, mostly driving all day.  My wife wanted to go visit family in a small town about 2 hours away, so we picked up her grandmother to tag along.  Her cousin insisted he wanted to come too.  Visited for about 2 hours and then we went hunting.  I made sure everyone who came with knew that was the plan all along, visit folks, then go hunting.  I made it abundantly clear because I knew everyone but me would be bored out of their mind.  Grandma sat in the car the entire time.  My wife did too except one instance.  Her cousin followed along with me, no clue if he was bored out of his mind.

Went to a couple of pawn shops that only seemed to have modern games, no prices marked, so I moved along.  Went to the last pawn shop in small town A.  They actually had ps2 and xbox games.  They said $4 a game, I offered $3 if I bought 10.  So I picked out a bunch of games, grabbed a few more modern games which were $5/ea and $10 for the wii u game.

PS2
Pimp my ride
Fantavision
Snoopy vs the red baron
Midway Arcade Treasures
.Hack..G.U. Vol. 3 Redemption :)

Xbox
Black
Darkwatch
Enter the Matrix
Mafia

Wii U
Tank Tank Tank!

PS3
White Knight Chronicles International Edition

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
Project Sylpheed Arc of deception

As I was heading out I remembered to ask about retro stuff.  They pulled out a small box and said $5 ea.  Mostly sports games, but I grabbed 2.

WWF Steel Cage Challenge (NES)
Hexen (N64)

Decided to go back to the first pawn shop and ask about retro games since they are affiliated with the last one.  No retro, said they sell that stuff immediately when they get it.  *shrug*  They did have some PS2 games, $1/ea.  And grabbed a couple of other games at $3-5/ea

PS2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Burnout 3

WarTech

PS3
Time Crisis Razing Storm

PSP
Tekken Dark Resurrection
Need for Speed Carbon
Naruto 3

Made our way to our final destination town, one of the smaller cities in Texas, or one of the bigger towns if you want.  Hit the first pawn shop.  old games $1/ea.  last gen are 5/$10.  So I grabbed 10 last gen games and a couple of xbox games.  I kept telling the lady the manager said 5/$10, she insisted that he must have meant $5 for the whole stack.  Eventually I stopped arguing and just paid.

Xbox
Monster Garage
Hitman 2
Driver Parallel Lines

Afro Samurai
Xcom enemy unknown
Venetica
Chrome Hounds
Soldier of Fortune Payback
Crysis 3
Bioshock 2
Rise of Nightmares
Ninnja Gaiden II

PS3
Two Worlds II

Went and hit the Gamestop down the road, was surprised to see that they still had a wall section for DS games, large enough to compete with the 3DS section, mostly CIB.  Only grabbed one of those, but I did find a PS3 game I've been looking for with the booklet.  The Hyrule Warriors guide was pennied out, so I got it for a penny

Escape the Museum (NDS)
Bourne Conspiracy (PS3)
Kung-fu Rider (PS3)
Hyrule Warriors Legends Guide

Stopped at the local hastings electronics in this town because they are going out of business.  Bought the giant stack of comics for under $20, about $5 total for the graphic novels.  Grabbed the Firefly card game even though it's horrible.  Grabbed a bunch of anime on BD/DVD, that was the majority of the cost, even at 60% off.  Going to go to a few more Hastings today and see what they got.  I saw a lot of shows I was interested in, but they were sub only and I'm not a fan of that.  I'm hard of hearing, so subs are useful to me as it is, but subs make me focus on reading over watching what's actually happening.  We'll see, maybe I'll pick up a subbed show that really interests me and go from there.  Probably not though.  I hate to support these cheap licensing companies when they lazily release the japanese version, usually with shotty subs, and call it a day.  Which is sad, because I am really hoping for a dub of S2 + OVA of Squid Girl.

Blu-Ray
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Nyan-koi
Strawberry Marshmallow

DVD
.hack Legend of the Twilight
Negima!?
Shattered Angels
Baka & Test S2 + OVA

Finally on to the last place before heading back to town.  A small mall that has a store in it that allegedly sells video games.  I saw the store and the first thing I saw through the glass was a bunch of CIB Saturn games.  I immediately went to it and grabbed Road Rash because it was a good price.  I went to ask about Sega CD games or other moderately uncommon platforms.  Nopers.  Noticed they had signs for B2G1 on everything.  Well I saw the price on the Saturn game and had high hopes that they had good prices all around.  Somehow, only the Saturn games had good prices.  $90 for Mario kart 64.  $10 for sports games.  Everything was absolutely whack except the Saturn games, so I grabbed a bunch of similarly priced Saturn games.  I had to check out twice because they wanted to give me 2 $10 games for free instead of doing a $10 and a $15.  After the fact, I think they may have had Paladin's Quest for SNES marked at $18, which wouldn't have been bad, but oh well.

Saturn
Scorcher
Bust A Move 2 Arcade Edition
Road Rash
Virtua Racing
Pro-Pinball
Machine Head

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:42:55 am by ignition365 »

azure

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 12:16:08 pm »

Forgot to post this awesome gift from my girlfriend for my birthday. Who doesn't want a 1:1 scale slime in their life?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 02:16:56 pm »
I just made a deal on a $100 XBone. What games should I get that I can't get on PS4?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »
I just made a deal on a $100 XBone. What games should I get that I can't get on PS4?
Sunset overdrive
Killer instinct definitive
Ori & the blind forest