Author Topic: Is there a game console you have that most people don't?  (Read 5368 times)

mrnikon

Re: Is there a game console you have that most people don't?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03:34 am »
I got a Vectrex, and a TG 16. that is about it that are not too common.

pizzasafari

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2016, 05:13:04 pm »
I've got a WonderSwan Color, I just got it because it was a Final Fantasy 2 edition and I love Final Fantasy edition anything.

I always go back and forth about getting a Wonder Swan Color. Do you think they're worth it? I've played FF and FFII plenty, but I'm sure that there are other games that would be worth a look.

Plus, I think the WSC looks nifty.

If you can understand Japanese, sure. Otherwise there aren't many games you'll be able to play on it. :P

It is pretty good for collection purposes if you're into Final Fantasy though. I think the first 4 FF games are all on it. And the FF1 and FF2 editions of the console are pretty sweet.

The WSC version of FF2 has the best version of FF2's soundtrack too in my opinion. Dat Overworld theme.

kashell

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 06:14:38 pm »
I've got a WonderSwan Color, I just got it because it was a Final Fantasy 2 edition and I love Final Fantasy edition anything.

I always go back and forth about getting a Wonder Swan Color. Do you think they're worth it? I've played FF and FFII plenty, but I'm sure that there are other games that would be worth a look.

If you can understand Japanese, sure. Otherwise there aren't many games you'll be able to play on it. :P

It is pretty good for collection purposes if you're into Final Fantasy though. I think the first 4 FF games are all on it. And the FF1 and FF2 editions of the console are pretty sweet.

The WSC version of FF2 has the best version of FF2's soundtrack too in my opinion. Dat Overworld theme.

I can understand enough to get by, but I'm not at the level I'd like to be. It's a work in progress.

Thanks for the information!

pizzasafari

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 06:21:48 pm »

I can understand enough to get by, but I'm not at the level I'd like to be. It's a work in progress.

Thanks for the information!

You and me both, brudda. Thankfully the WSC screen is too small for kanji so it's all written in hiragana. If you know a bit of spoken Japanese you may be okay.

kashell

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2016, 08:30:35 am »
You and me both, brudda. Thankfully the WSC screen is too small for kanji so it's all written in hiragana. If you know a bit of spoken Japanese you may be okay.

Hmm, I actually have a harder time without the kanji since hiragana tends to blend together. Or maybe I'm just weird. XD Either way, I'll keep all of this in mind before I take the plunge.

It would be cool replay Final Fantasy II again on such a unique console.

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »
Most of my less-than-common consoles have been named already- Fairchild Channel F, Atari 7800, and such. I did just acquire a (working!) Mattel Microvision, which hasn't come up yet.  ;)

As it stands, there's only 2 rare-ish consoles I still want- a Vectrex and a Colecovision (I guess those aren't particularly rare.) Maybe a TurboExpress, but I'm not familiar enough with the T16 catalog to know if I'd really want to spend the money.

tripredacus

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 12:06:23 pm »
The rarest I have is probably the Nomad. I don't count pong clones, since they don't use carts.

stlgamer75

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2016, 09:20:46 am »
Most of my less-than-common consoles have been named already- Fairchild Channel F, Atari 7800, and such. I did just acquire a (working!) Mattel Microvision, which hasn't come up yet.  ;)

As it stands, there's only 2 rare-ish consoles I still want- a Vectrex and a Colecovision (I guess those aren't particularly rare.) Maybe a TurboExpress, but I'm not familiar enough with the T16 catalog to know if I'd really want to spend the money.

I forgot to mention my Microvision but I can't confirm its a working one since I haven't turned it on in about 8 years. Probably should test it out.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com