Author Topic: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?  (Read 17918 times)

aliensstudios

Re: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:30 am »
I honestly cannot remember. I did, however, like picking up Metroid II for like $5.
That's a pretty good price haha. I remember getting Pokémon Blue, Red and Yellow all for 3.99 each at GameStop circa 2003, now the average price is 10 times that lol
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2017, 02:52:07 pm »
Not the best, but I did just recently get Super Smash Bros. Melee for GameCube for only $3.50, complete, at Salvation Army. It goes for over $50 on eBay.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2017, 09:31:39 am »
I honestly cannot remember. I did, however, like picking up Metroid II for like $5.

Believe it or not, I got my copy of Metroid II with Kool Aid Points.  You know the little proof of purchase on the back of packs of that magic drink powder?  Yeah, I saved enough of those to buy Metroid II.   8)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:36:30 am by turf »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2017, 10:31:53 am »

Believe it or not, I got my copy of Metroid II with Kool Aid Points.  You know the little proof of purchase on the back of packs of that magic drink powder?  Yeah, I saved enough of those to by Metroid II.   8)

That's awesome, dude!

shepard11

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2017, 11:31:53 am »

Believe it or not, I got my copy of Metroid II with Kool Aid Points.  You know the little proof of purchase on the back of packs of that magic drink powder?  Yeah, I saved enough of those to by Metroid II.   8)

Man that's how I got my copy too which I still own.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2017, 11:37:18 am »

Man that's how I got my copy too which I still own.
That's awesome!  I've never heard of anyone else doing that.  Amazing!

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2017, 10:24:47 am »
About 5 years ago I was given a smaller box of NES stuff, within the collection was Action 52! I was very happy with that one

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2017, 08:48:45 pm »
I got boxed copies of Adventures of Lolo 3 and Tetris for 1 dollar at an in person auction two years ago. Minutes later I left my pile for a few minutes and they were stolen.

pzeke

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:24 pm »
Sadly there aren't many places to hunt where I live, but on the one flea market that's nearby, I scored Castlevania Chronicles (complete), Skies of Arcadia Legends (complete), and Earthbound (cartridge only) for $5 each. On that very same flea market on a different day I found Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, but didn't bother picking it up because I was an effing idiot. I still beat myself for that to this day.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2017, 09:47:15 pm »
My best score was when I found Road & Track OverDrivin' for the 3DO (japanese version of the original Need For Speed) in PERFECT CONDITION with ALL booklets, japanese promo inserts and scratchless disc at what's probably the crappiest pawn shop in my city in the middle of CANADA and it only cost me 5 cad! That's like finding Donald Trump in the middle of Mexico chilling with mexican immigrants, statistically impossible!

http://i.imgur.com/DxuyCcE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/edNdr03.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eAlZQHW.jpg

I am only putting links because the images are too big for this website.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2018, 12:40:46 am »
Relatively recently I got the Japanese edition of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Wii U and its soundtrack for £3 on ebay.

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2019, 04:17:57 pm »
In probably '98 or '99 a local video rental place was getting rid of their SNES games to make room for newer systems. I rented Chrono Trigger for $1.99 and when I brought it back I was told I could keep it.

kypherion

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2019, 10:20:13 pm »
Star Ocean Till the End of Time CIB greatest hits w/ a silver PS2 Slim working in good condition power, analog and a controller for $20.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2019, 04:54:21 am »
I think probably last year getting an Xbox 360 for free :)

I paid £40 for the Xbox 360 Slim console, two controllers, 20 games, Kinect, Big Skylanders Bundle, Disney Infinity Bundle:
https://imgur.com/RbYLk8c

I sold the majority of the extra stuff and even had enough to pay for my charging batteries & 500 GB Hard drive!

Never had a 360 before and there are some exclusives which I am eager to play like Blue Dragon + happy to have the 360 ports of games that were on the PS2 like Cars, Gun & Crash Mind Over Mutant.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:03:37 am by vivigamer »

megasilverx1

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2019, 07:36:29 pm »
I got Mega Man 7 for $10 and Super Mario All-Stars+Super Mario World for $25 at a local thrift store about two years ago. Also a Dreamcast with out the cords, controllers, or a game for $1 at the same thrift store last year.