Author Topic: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?  (Read 17715 times)

Re: What is the best deal you have ever gotten in the wild?
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2019, 01:33:55 pm »
For $19.50 total:
Super Metroid
Contra III
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country 3

Same location, different seller at $3 each:
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3

At auction for $20:
SNES
Mega Man X
Jurassic Park
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3

Another auction for $10:
Contra
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania 2
Mario 3
And like 5 or 6 others

Estate Auction:
$40
SNES
N64
Starfox 64
And more

$45
13 CIB 3DS games

And lots of yard sale $2-3 one offs

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2019, 03:07:21 pm »
Neo-Geo AES system with hookups, 1 controller, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown both CIB, for $200.

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2019, 12:34:24 am »
Neo-Geo AES system with hookups, 1 controller, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown both CIB, for $200.

Jesus! I've seen a few of these over the years at game stores, but never for under market value. That's an excellent deal!

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2019, 04:26:17 pm »
A mint used Saga Saturn and 2 games and all hookups and at least one controller. All I did was trade in some things I was not using at a local retail shop and they let me take the hall home for free. I later sold the same lot with Saga Saturn for another working PlayStation 2 later on.

I used to own Daytona USA and Virtua Fighter 2 I was undecided as a collector back when I traded  my Sega Saturn, games, controller, and hookups.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:29:09 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2019, 09:50:47 pm »
Splatterhouse 2 for genesis that i got for 5 bucks

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2019, 05:15:51 pm »
Today I got a Nintendo deluxe set complete in box (except for the system) everything was still in it's original plastic bags lucky for me I have a extra system to make it complete. Here'swhat happend a old friend was helping his brother move and found it in the attic. I haven't seen him in years and had lost touch.He went to a local game store in my area to sell it then he started talking to the store owner about a big collector who would of loved to have this. The owner said he new of a big collector too.(one guess who that was lol.)thay figured out it was me he gave my old friend my number and I finally get to have a mint condition rob the robot for free. Thanks Tim.

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2019, 05:39:14 am »
A complete mint and sealed copy of TAZ for the Atari 2600 at Goodwill for 50 cents (in 2016).

pzeke

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2019, 08:48:40 am »
While replying to another topic, I remembered back when I joined GameStop's rewards program, the very first game I bought as a member was Blood Will Tell. I can't remember the actual price I paid, but it was between $10-15 ($9-13 after discount).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:31:47 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2019, 10:52:30 pm »
(2) NES Top loaders complete with controllers and hookups and 50 games for $60 in 2003. Before that just had about 2 or 3 gamecube games and console, basically restarted me collecting.  :)

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:45 pm »
7 Neo Geo AES games complete - $5.95 each at value village.

Nintendo top loader complete in box - $3.95 at value village.

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2019, 05:47:45 pm »

Jesus! I've seen a few of these over the years at game stores, but never for under market value. That's an excellent deal!

That was back in 1995. It's a whole new world out there now. The AC adaptor wasn't functioning. They told me that upfront. I was able to order one from SNK U.S.A. back then.