Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 18758 times)

The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:51:41 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:25:51 am by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo NX
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:39 pm »
So many trailers and teases of so much stuff this week between movies, games, and now a console. It's a good week to be a geek.

azure

Re: Nintendo NX - 3 Minute Preview Trailer Oct. 20th 7am PT/10am ET
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:04 pm »
Kool, something to look forward to.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:42:38 pm »
Finally. Not knowing anything about this has been hella annoying. >:T

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 01:50:13 am »
Gonna lay out my straight up prediction to see how close I get...

I think we'll get the name of the console, we'll get a quick showing of the basic portable and home console features it has, such as someone taking the unit out into the world and then back to the home with ease, and that's mostly it.  I don't think we'll get games other than Breath of the Wild, though maybe some CG stuff to simulate a Mario or just Nintendo characters in general, but I think they'll wait for the full reveal to announce games and all the other details like pricing.  Of which at the end, I think we'll get the announcement for next week where they'll do either a Direct or a surprise event.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 07:04:22 am »
Ahh so Rumorexplain was accurate. Too bad im at work then... guess ill find out what it was once i get home. :)

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:37 am »
The Nintendo Switch.

Basically everything it was rumored to be is true.  It's a portable/console system, where you take the tablet unit and literally attach it to the home system to play it.  The controller detaches from a a regular controller and plugs into the side of the unit to make it playable on the go, but they also play as separate controllers too.  You can also very clearly use regular controllers instead of the little attachment ones.  They actually did show a brand new Mario that looks way more like Mario 64/Sunshine.  It uses carts, but it showed that the system was playing Mario Kart and Splatoon, so not sure if it's playing actual physical disk ports or digital only versions.  No disc slot on the portable unit or main unit.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:14:16 am by kamikazekeeg »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX)
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 10:12:04 am »
Looks like a lot of rumors were right.

And was that skyrim being shown off?

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:21:09 am »
Looks like a lot of rumors were right.

And was that skyrim being shown off?

Yep, they showed off Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, Skyrim, a new Mario, Mario Kart 8, some NBA game, and Splatoon.

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 10:25:50 am »
I like it. The name doesn't suck. I'm wondering if the little side controllers have any kind of motion control capabilities, or if Wiimotes will still be used for some games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 10:30:00 am »
I like it. The name doesn't suck. I'm wondering if the little side controllers have any kind of motion control capabilities, or if Wiimotes will still be used for some games.

I doubt the wiimotes are usable at all, it doesn't have one of the wii bars for it.  Seeing that they showed zero motion features, I don't think so.  The attached controllers do seem to seem to be similar to the wiimote in basic idea, but are wireless capable it seems.

kashell

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 10:32:25 am »
Ehh...I'm not feeling it.

azure

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 10:37:10 am »
I'll have to see how this one plays out.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:48 am »
Terrible name it's almost as bad as the wii u

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47:43 am »
Terrible name it's almost as bad as the wii u

Not really.  While it might not be the best, it's actually a pretty good name to represent the system far better than the shitty Wii labeling.  It's the Switch, switch from portable to TV whenever you want.  Works out to me.  It's at least not a nonsense word.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:51:24 am by kamikazekeeg »