Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 18692 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2016, 06:23:19 am »
I think this game will have a lot more in common with Super Marios RPG than either series.

I feel what Ubisoft is doing with South Park atm is far too striking for it to be coincidental.

I never had any desire to play Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi; but I'd be hyped to play this game.

There's nothing actually known about this game other than it's an RPG and even then, it's still just a rumor lol On the surface, I think Rabbids invading is a pretty dumb idea, never liked the Rabbids, I'd take any other Mario RPG they've made over this concept just in terms of what is going on with the story, but I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.  Can't find any reason to compare it to South Park either, other than a shared developer, of which we don't know which Ubisoft studio is working on this, especially since these game really only work because it is South Park.  That first game is a pretty short and standard RPG otherwise, so even if they just straight up traded Mario/Rabbids for South Park, I don't think that would be a particularly great game.

Best to rein in the hype until we know that this is actually legit and what kind of game it really will be like. 

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »
I think this game will have a lot more in common with Super Marios RPG than either series.

I feel what Ubisoft is doing with South Park atm is far too striking for it to be coincidental.

I never had any desire to play Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi; but I'd be hyped to play this game.

There's nothing actually known about this game other than it's an RPG and even then, it's still just a rumor lol On the surface, I think Rabbids invading is a pretty dumb idea, never liked the Rabbids, I'd take any other Mario RPG they've made over this concept just in terms of what is going on with the story, but I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.  Can't find any reason to compare it to South Park either, other than a shared developer, of which we don't know which Ubisoft studio is working on this, especially since these game really only work because it is South Park.  That first game is a pretty short and standard RPG otherwise, so even if they just straight up traded Mario/Rabbids for South Park, I don't think that would be a particularly great game.

Best to rein in the hype until we know that this is actually legit and what kind of game it really will be like.
I'd be very surprised if it isn't true. The people calling this; have been bang on about everything else they've leaked about Switch until now.

I'd also be very surprised if it's not San Francisco developing it; as it would be a missed opportunity. And more than that; it would make it go from making total sense to making no sense.

I don't like Rabbids either; but I guess Ubisoft just want their own stamp on it; rather than it being swept up as another Nintendo Mario game. So the Rabbids inclusion was probably something they pushed for. Granted the game would likely be better if it didn't include them; however I don't think their inclusion would stop the concept being a good one.

I will make two predictions...

Ubisoft San Francisco will be the developers.

There will be at least one direct link to Super Mario RPG (as I am convinced that's what they are trying to tie it to)

desocietas

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2016, 07:39:39 pm »
https://youtu.be/7TJ7IUNWGl4?t=300

Jimmy Fallon got to play a little bit of the Switch yesterday...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2016, 11:11:16 pm »
Yeah I saw it, was hoping for abit more out of it, but at least it helped people work to confirm a few things about the buttons and details with the presentation wait still a month away.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2016, 12:10:20 am »
GameCube games are being rumored to be digital offerings on The Switch.

kashell

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2016, 08:13:50 am »
Jimmy Fallon is annoying. XD

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2016, 10:18:49 am »

He's a bit of a nerd. I like the guy.

Either he was legit pumped or he deserves an Oscar.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »
The Know is reporting that you will have to repurchase your digital games again on the The Switch, yet again.

This will be the third generation in a row where Nintendo has done this (And yeah, I own Wii, Wii U, and plan on getting a Switch). WTF?! How many times can they charge you for the same freaking game! No one else does this. (Technically you could transfer your Wii files to your Wii U, but most people trade in their old system for a new one. And I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to download an already purchased game again.)

What's the point of even having a online Nintendo account, then? Isn't so you can keep track of what's been purchased and to download the game again if you need to?

This seriously makes me upset. This just feels like we're getting scammed by Nintendo.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:01:05 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2016, 05:41:06 pm »
While it's not great, you couldn't transfer games from PS3 to PS4 either, so it isn't exactly uncommon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2016, 09:47:59 am »
^ Yeah, someone else told me that, too. That's stupid. You can on XBox, Steam, GoG, and Amazon. As many downloads as you need to as many devices that apply. Sony sucks just as bad as Nintendo in that sense.

« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
I would be so happy if Gamecube games appear on the Switch... It would make sense for Nintendo to do so. Fingers crossed!

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
So with only 5 days left till the full reveal of the Switch, giving us all the information we crave, what are people hoping turns out to be true? There's tons of constant rumors coming out, a lot of it coming from Laura Kate Dale who has been right more than a few times and continues to find inside information.

-While initially, there were signs that Breath of the Wild would release more around June, according to a European source, this has shifted to North America sources saying it will actually be a launch title, which makes far more sense when you think about it, compared to having the new Mario game show up out of nowhere and be the launch title, despite years of building up Breath of the Wild.  I'm cool with a delay or not, but Zelda at launch would make buying the Switch at launch perfect.

-A brand new rumor says that Koei Tecmo is making a Nintendo themed Warriors game, and that it isn't just Zelda or Star Fox.  If it's as good as Hyrule Warriors, I'm all in.  I'm kinda hoping for what could just be like Smash Warriors lol

-Pokemon Stars, a Switch version of Pokemon Sun & Moon is a big deal for me, because I essentially stopped playing Pokemon after Yellow many years ago and only dabbled in Pokemon X, because I don't like playing on handheld.  So to get a version with better visuals, quality, and to play it on a TV, is exactly why I want the Switch.  I want the stuff I could never played on handheld, to be playable now because of the Switch.

That's about it off the top of my head at the moment, I'm sure there were one or two more interesting rumors, but it's all made for some fun hype towards the switch and it'll be interesting to see what all comes from the event on the 12th.

Warmsignal

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:40 am »
So I'm guessing that the "rumors" have turned out to be true about the recall of the Wii U and apparently the 3DS as well. Sort of surprised about the 3DS, I guess the Switch is going to replace it as well? It makes sense really. Whether or not the 3DS was actually recalled, Nintendo isn't restocking stores with them since black Friday. There's no where in my area you can get a new Wii U or 3DS. Evidently they don't want people buying any other Nintendo console right now. It's a little odd.

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 02:51:26 pm »
So I'm guessing that the "rumors" have turned out to be true about the recall of the Wii U and apparently the 3DS as well. Sort of surprised about the 3DS, I guess the Switch is going to replace it as well? It makes sense really. Whether or not the 3DS was actually recalled, Nintendo isn't restocking stores with them since black Friday. There's no where in my area you can get a new Wii U or 3DS. Evidently they don't want people buying any other Nintendo console right now. It's a little odd.

The lack of 3DS's is abit odd, since they are still putting out 3DS stuff this year.  Wii U on the other hand made sense to end, and I think the Switch is the obvious replacement for the 3DS for good reasons, but its abit weird that they are aren't restocking the 3DS since it still has life left in it for at least the year.  Usually when you shift into the new hardware, it's slowly phased out, not ended months before the replacement.  There's a chance we'll see a restock soon, but maybe Nintendo decided that since they are consolidating their market, they'll see about making the Switch the single focus at retailers for anything.  No Wii U, no 3DS, when you go to the store, you will simply find the Switch being shown prominently with Wii U and 3DS left overs on the side.

This way there's no Wii U like mistakes of people not understanding what the system is meant to be, it's solely all about the Switch as Nintendos future right now.

azure

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »

Thank you.