Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 19795 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2017, 09:43:01 pm »
i like Jimmy Fallon  xd..

mmocake.com is the best wow gold marketplace
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:05:54 am by xiaoshumiao »

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2017, 06:33:13 am »
Seen as the Switch reveal show is tomorrow. Here's my predictions for year 1 games wise. (Spoilers I'm quite optimistic).

* = Shown on the event day in some capacity (on stage, sizzle reel, press release by the publisher that day)
# = Shown during E3

Launch (1st 2 Weeks):
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild *
Mario Kart 8 Switch *
Just Dance
Ravvin Rabbids RPG *
Star Wars Battlefront *
Call of Duty 4 Remastered *
Fifa 17 *
Madden 17 *
NBA 2K17 *
WWE 2K17 *
Dragon Quest Builders *
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse *
Marvel v Capcom Ultimate *
Lego Dimensions *
Skylanders Imaginators *
Luigi's Mansion (VC) *
Super Mario Sunshine (VC) *
Pikmin (VC) *
Skies of Arcadia Legends (VC) *
Rogue Squadron 2 (VC) *
Metroid Prime (VC) *
Mother 3 (VC) *
Fire Emblem (VC) *
Advance Wars (VC) *
Final Fantasy IV (VC) *
Final Fantasy V (VC) *
Final Fantasy VI (VC) *

Launch Window:
Super Mario 128 *
Splatoon Definitive *
Xenoblade Chronicles X *
Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour 2018
Sonic Mania *
Sonic 2017 *
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest VII *
Skyrim *
Pikmin 2 (VC)
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (VC)
Metroid Prime 2 (VC)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones (VC)
Advance Wars 2 (VC)
Metroid Zero Mission (VC)
Final Fantasy I (VC)
Final Fantasy II (VC)
Final Fantasy III (VC)

Post E3:
Pokemon Stars #
Pikmin 4 *#
Super Mario Maker #
Mother Trilogy #
Smash Bros Switch *#
Dragon Quest VIII *
Dragon Quest XI *#
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
Rogue Squadron 3 (VC) #
Metroid Prime 3 (VC) #
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (VC)
Mother (VC) #
Earthbound (VC) #

2017:
Metroid Prime 4 #
Pokken Tournament

And of course spread between that time you'll also have the obvious VC releases ala Mario, Donkey Kong etc.

I think third party will go big in the launch window but beyond that is hard to say as it might come down to how things go.

May also notice this list is very Japanese centric and I don't think that's a coincidence. I think Nintendo knows in the console space, their best hope is a distance 2nd in the west, but they also know they are likely to be guaranteed a comfortable number of sales in the West at the same time, due to the switch replacing the 3DS most likely.

However their homeland is ripe for the taking. Japan largely rejected the PS4....and they might not even know the XONE exists ha. I think Nintendo will feel they can swat away the Vita and take top spot in the land of the rising sun, by going big with RPGs and such.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:51:15 am by kmacdw »

argyle

« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38:37 am »
Nintendo has taught me to temper my expectations for them over the years. If they announce a good price for the system, Breath of the Wild as a launch title (I think this is probably a given at this point) and confirm the Pokemon port, I'm in at launch. If they would finally announce a true Metroid sequel, that would be icing, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:42 am »
Nintendo has taught me to temper my expectations for them over the years. If they announce a good price for the system, Breath of the Wild as a launch title (I think this is probably a given at this point) and confirm the Pokemon port, I'm in at launch. If they would finally announce a true Metroid sequel, that would be icing, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that.
My hope has been that with their lack of releases of late, the fact that devs have had devkits for a good long while now (and many devs have faith in the system), that we can have a good steady slew of launch titles.

kashell

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2017, 11:06:34 am »
I'm still pretty optimistic about this. I'm not a Zelda fan at all, so I'm hoping for some other great launch titles because I plan on picking one up on day one.

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2017, 11:10:15 am »
I'm still pretty optimistic about this. I'm not a Zelda fan at all, so I'm hoping for some other great launch titles because I plan on picking one up on day one.
Ugh, is it really at 10pm CST?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2017, 11:27:45 am »

Yep.  I'll be watching it!

kashell

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2017, 11:52:37 am »

But wait a minute, turf. What ever will you be doing before 10PM CT?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:17 pm »

But wait a minute, turf. What ever will you be doing before 10PM CT?

Funny you should ask! 
I'll be joining two crazy cats in an hour long weekly podcast entitled Our Parents' Basement (OPB if you're nasty  ;) ). 
It'll be starting at 9:30et/6:30pt.  You should check it out!  I'll even give you a link to the YouTube channel!

Our Parents' Basement Podcast on YouTube

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2017, 11:55:05 pm »
I'm really hoping that Gamestop decides to wait until Saturday morning or later to open up preorders. If they go live Friday morning following the conference, I'll be SOL getting a preorder on one, which will likely mean I'll be SOL getting one period.

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2017, 01:12:04 am »
I'm really hoping that Gamestop decides to wait until Saturday morning or later to open up preorders. If they go live Friday morning following the conference, I'll be SOL getting a preorder on one, which will likely mean I'll be SOL getting one period.

I'm assuming online orders will happen at some point and I'm just going to do it from Best Buy with it shipping to my store.  I get a lot of points from that and any games I buy I get points and cut off nearly 15 bucks for each one.

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2017, 08:36:55 am »
I usually get my consoles from Costco since they do a lifetime guarantee, but I'm not willing to sit outside of a Costco waiting like a fool, so it's either Amazon or BB for me.  Gotta get that 5-6% back.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2017, 09:46:53 am »

The manager at my local GameStop called me yesterday.  They got an email saying preorders open on Friday when they open.  I need to be there at 10.

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2017, 10:11:50 am »

The manager at my local GameStop called me yesterday.  They got an email saying preorders open on Friday when they open.  I need to be there at 10.

Count of being there at 3 or 4am if you plan on getting one. I had to get to Gamestop at 4am to get my PS3 when preorders went live. The Gamestop I went to only got 5 on Launch which was pretty standard at all of them around my area.

kashell

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2017, 10:13:44 am »
You really think folks will be lining up that early for one?

I'll probably just do my pre-order online if I like what I see tonight.