Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 19477 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:37 pm »

telly

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
When I saw Mario in NYC I got mad Sonic 06 vibes not gonna lie  :o
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

davifus

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2017, 02:36:39 pm »
Did anybody get a extra order for The Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild Masters Edition ? I'm super salty I missed it this morning when I ordered the Limited edition instead.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2017, 02:39:57 pm »
You guys are ballsy pre-ordering before the presentation.

I'm waiting to see what they're offering, first. My Wii U collection is quite small, due to it's small library, and I feel a little screwed over being an early-adopter of the Wii U.

kashell

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2017, 02:53:49 pm »
Before the presentation?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2017, 03:00:39 pm »
Isn't it tonight? The ad I saw said the 13th:

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:25 pm »

It was last night

soera

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2017, 03:15:26 pm »
Did anybody get a extra order for The Legend of Zelda Breath of Wild Masters Edition ? I'm super salty I missed it this morning when I ordered the Limited edition instead.

They didnt set this up very well. Apparently the master edition was only available online. By the time my Gamestop opened and I found out, it was already sold out.

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
I have an extra, but I paid $150 because express shipping.

I hear that Gamestops still have in store pre-orders, so you may want to give that a try.

davifus

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:03 pm »
I have an extra, but I paid $150 because express shipping.

I hear that Gamestops still have in store pre-orders, so you may want to give that a try.

They didnt set this up very well. Apparently the master edition was only available online. By the time my Gamestop opened and I found out, it was already sold out.

I'm current at work, so I most likely wont be able to go in and get instore preorder. Well in the off chance I do miss and they dont sell anymore preorder would the extra be for sale?

Yeah, I heard some places like bestbuy will restock but they dont know the time frame. I just hope my job doesnt collide with it. I really want to avoid another FFXV Ultimate Edition Fiasco.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »
What did you guys think about the Super Mario Odyssey trailer? That game looks awesome!

Exactly what I was wanting. A return to a proper sandbox game in the style of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, I've been waiting GENERATIONS for this to happen lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2017, 03:44:21 pm »

It was last night

Oh.  :-[

Well then, carry on.

tpugmire

« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »
I tried to preorder the master edition this morning, but my GameStop said that they couldn't do preorders for it yet. Now I find it was apparently online only so far.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

argyle

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »
What did you guys think about the Super Mario Odyssey trailer? That game looks awesome!

Exactly what I was wanting. A return to a proper sandbox game in the style of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, I've been waiting GENERATIONS for this to happen lol

First Mario game I've really been excited about since Sunshine. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. :)

Glad to hear Arms doesn't require motion controls, because I can see it being fun in the same way Punch-Out is without them. Art style on that one looks great.

Was kinda shocked that 1, 2 Switch isn't a pack-in, because it looks super gimmicky. Can't see it selling that well on its own, but what do I know?

Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and a new SMT were all great surprises for me. I question whether or not SMT will end up being exclusive, and I'd get it on the PS4 if that ends up being an option. Regardless, the other 2 obviously are exclusive and both should be great.

No sign of the rumored Pokemon port, but I guess they gotta hold a few things back for later announcements (E3, etc.). Also keep hoping against hope for that Metroid announcement. Jerk DJ was even mixing in some Metroid music before the presentation started!  ::)

Was also hoping that Smash Bros. deluxe port rumor would be confirmed. I'm a very casual fan of the series, not enough to drop the (IMO) high prices they want for the DLC characters - so the idea of having a version of the game with all of them included is very appealing to me.

Overall I came away happy. Got my system preorderd along with Zelda. Salty that the Master Edition went so fast, but what can you do?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2017, 04:26:09 pm »
The only game that disappointed me was the Fire Emblem Warriors.  I was excited for something new as I love Hyrule Warriors, but I don't care about Fire Emblem at all.  Only Fire Emblem game I've played, isn't a Fire Emblem game with Tokyo Mirage Sessions lol

It just seems like a  kinda generic looking fantasy world, but maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe the direct for it next week will pull me in, I'm sure it'll play fine, but a lot of what sold me on Hyrule Warriors, was loving Zelda.  In comparison, I tried to play Dragon Quest Heroes, which I don't think plays as good and I don't care about Dragon Quest.