Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251213 times)

matt

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:23 am »
Welcome teknophyl! There are a lot of us 30+ here so it sounds like you'll fit right in.

scott

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2012, 11:36:25 am »
Welcome again! I agree with Jcalder8, I would consider myself a gamer first and a collector second. Pretty much the only reason I collect anyway is because I play games and pick up more games that I've wanted to play.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teknophyl

« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2012, 11:37:36 am »
I'm glad I'm not the old guy in the room. Many of my colleagues/cohorts are geeks, but no one really games. They don't appreciate the prizes I find /shrug :)

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

desocietas

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2012, 01:58:07 pm »
I'm glad I'm not the old guy in the room. Many of my colleagues/cohorts are geeks, but no one really games. They don't appreciate the prizes I find /shrug :)

That's what we're here for.  Found a Rocket Slime keychain for free at a garage sale? Post a thread about it!  We'll ooh and ahh and offer you money for it.

To be honest, they are pretty cute:

So if you find one, PM me ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

teknophyl

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »
WANT! That and the PS2 controller too.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2012, 05:54:51 pm »

That's what we're here for.  Found a Rocket Slime keychain for free at a garage sale? Post a thread about it!  We'll ooh and ahh and offer you money for it.

To be honest, they are pretty cute:

So if you find one, PM me ;D

I have one of these! Its one of my favorite swag pieces ever.

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2012, 06:23:30 am »
Hey guys, I am a youngster from Australia (20) and I'm really only collecting for consoles I already have as I see no reason to branch out yet. Even though my collection says all NA formats, right now it's just because it is easier. Eventually I might try and help out the PAL format entries.

I do try and game when I can, not out and out as I used to be a few years ago. Started collecting because after I got my first decently paid job my Xbox 360 collection grew, which was fun in itself; hand picking games that I wanted to play from different genres. Now my focus is my PlayStation Two collection and the Pokemon series. It wasn't until I started logging my collection in here I realised how much of the series I have covered.

« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2012, 08:23:54 am »
Hey guys, I am a youngster from Australia (20) and I'm really only collecting for consoles I already have as I see no reason to branch out yet. Even though my collection says all NA formats, right now it's just because it is easier. Eventually I might try and help out the PAL format entries.

I do try and game when I can, not out and out as I used to be a few years ago. Started collecting because after I got my first decently paid job my Xbox 360 collection grew, which was fun in itself; hand picking games that I wanted to play from different genres. Now my focus is my PlayStation Two collection and the Pokemon series. It wasn't until I started logging my collection in here I realised how much of the series I have covered.

Welcome good sir! Nice to have somebody from around the globe enjoying vgcollect!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

matt

« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2012, 08:54:13 am »

Welcome to the site! We can always use some help with our non-NA entries. If you need anything or have any suggestions please let me know.

scott

« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:25 am »
Welcome drwatson! Always Nice to see another new member for outside North America.

jcalder8

« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »
Welcome to the site drwatson. Do you have any games that weren't released in NA?

htimreimer

« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2012, 07:05:04 pm »

welcome to the site

atariboy

« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2012, 07:21:53 pm »
Welcome to the site. Glad your part of the community.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2012, 09:31:00 am »
Pretty much anyone who collects anything is OCD. Some of us, just more than others.  ;)

Q.F.T.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »
Hiya, I'm Phil and I have been looking for a site like this for awhile. It's great thanks. I currently live in the Phoenix Arizona area, (Luke AFB).

I have been collecting for years, albiate very slowly. It's gonna take me awhile to fill in my collection in my profile, but I currently have NES 2, SNES, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, and PSP. I love retro games and have been very interested lately in adding to my collection at a faster rate. I also really enjoy doing projects and have been inspired to try to build my own NES PC. I am also a husband, Father, dog owner, board game geek, sci-fi nerd, and spend way to much time on Reddit.

This place seems great and I hope to contribute to and learn from the community. Thanks