Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252444 times)

htimreimer

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:52 am »
Hi, I thought I'll make a proper introduction.
I have been gaming all through my lifetime and have built a fairly big collection over time.
good to have you here

jcalder8

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2012, 11:37:51 am »
I have been gaming all through my lifetime and have built a fairly big collection over time.
Welcome to the site!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2012, 12:04:33 pm »

(+1)

...to the "Welcome to the site"(s)  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
Nice to have you here. This place is great. We have a ton of members but only a certain few people post ... but the ones of us that do post have gotten to know the others here so its a pretty nice knit community.

pacpix

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2012, 12:48:50 pm »

Welcome to the site!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

vancha

« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2012, 04:30:55 am »
Hi everyone, I was checking Reddit the other day (quite new on that site) and I saw a post about this site. First, I couldn't believe something like this DID actually exist. I have been using Backloggery, IGN (before it was remade) and some other gamesites to keep track of my collection, but I've never had one that I find really usefull, informative or just plain easy to navigate with.

That is, untill now! Congrats to all who made this site, its quite wicked and I will be using it to catalog all my games on. Do note that I'm a European (Belgian) gamer, so there will probably be quite some new entries for EU games. :)

jcalder8

« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:34 am »
Hi everyone, I was checking Reddit the other day (quite new on that site) and I saw a post about this site. First, I couldn't believe something like this DID actually exist. I have been using Backloggery, IGN (before it was remade) and some other gamesites to keep track of my collection, but I've never had one that I find really usefull, informative or just plain easy to navigate with.

That is, untill now! Congrats to all who made this site, its quite wicked and I will be using it to catalog all my games on. Do note that I'm a European (Belgian) gamer, so there will probably be quite some new entries for EU games. :)
Welcome to the site! It's always great to have people from around the world join the site since it really helps grow the database.

htimreimer

« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2012, 02:22:02 pm »

welcome to the site and dont worry european games and retro computers are bad a$$ now if amazon would just recognize europe as country every thing would be good

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »
Hey there Vancha!  Welcome to the site.  It'll be nice to have some international flair around here.

scott

« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2012, 12:04:34 am »
Welcome to VGC Vacha! Always glad to see new non-North Americans users join the site. Can't wait for you to help bulk up the EU section. If you need any special sections or rating systems added to the database, just let us know.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:31 am »
Welcome Vancha!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »
Might as well introduce myself, since I haven't yet. Name's exo, I've been collecting since I was 12 and I'm 17 now. Pretty cool feeling, having all deez gaems at such a young age. Anyways, I'd be glad to chat with you all about vidya gamz. I often bum around #reddit-gamecollecting on irc.freenode.net, so join us there!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2012, 01:28:43 pm »
Happy to have you here.  Welcome.  Make yourself at home.

jcalder8

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2012, 05:47:01 pm »
Welcome to the site exonerator! It's always great to see younger generations to appreciate older games. Do you have a favorite system to collect for?

« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2012, 03:05:17 pm »
Welcome to the site exonerator! It's always great to see younger generations to appreciate older games. Do you have a favorite system to collect for?
I'm a pretty big NES collector, I have about 200 games for it right now. :)