Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246787 times)

soera

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »
Genesis has a massive library so thats not a bad choice. Sword of Vermillion and the Phantasy star games were among some of my favorites when I was younger. And check out http://segaage.com/index.cfm. Its a smaller community than Nintendo Age but most of the guys there are DIE HARD Sega fans. Can probably score some deals and learn a lot about the system.

jcalder8

« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2013, 12:12:19 am »
Welcome to the site Brannon!

Did you have a Genesis as your main system growing up? I find that I have more love for the Genesis since it's what I had growing up rather than a SNES.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2013, 09:25:37 am »
Welcome to the site; Brannon!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

nanner666

« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:02 pm »
Welcome to the site Brannon!

Did you have a Genesis as your main system growing up? I find that I have more love for the Genesis since it's what I had growing up rather than a SNES.

I did have a genesis growing up.  I also remember most of my friends having a genesis so thats what we played most of the time.

I even remember RENTING a system from the local video rental.  But i believe we tried the SNES.

Welcome to the site; Brannon!

Thank you.

jcalder8

« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:33 pm »
I even remember RENTING a system from the local video rental.  But i believe we tried the SNES.
I remember renting a 3D0 with Fifa International Soccer and I'm pretty sure Road Rash

nanner666

« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2013, 01:12:58 pm »
love the road rash games.

atariboy

« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2013, 09:13:03 pm »
welcom to the site Brannon!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2013, 09:28:49 pm »
Genesis has a massive library so thats not a bad choice. Sword of Vermillion and the Phantasy star games were among some of my favorites when I was younger. And check out http://segaage.com/index.cfm. Its a smaller community than Nintendo Age but most of the guys there are DIE HARD Sega fans. Can probably score some deals and learn a lot about the system.

Sword of Vermillion was one strange duck. I could not get into that game.

soera

« Reply #458 on: January 20, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »
It was definitely weird moving topside of world but once you got used to it where it stopped bothering you, the game itself is pretty fun.

ko1ru

« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:16 am »
Welcome Brannon!  I also live in MO, about 100 miles from STL.  :)

scott

« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2013, 01:43:57 am »

Sword of Vermillion was one strange duck. I could not get into that game.

Same here. I borrowed it from a cousin and just couldn't get I to it. Brought it back and borrowed Crusader of Centy and ended up having a blast with it instead.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

nanner666

« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2013, 11:58:15 am »

Very nice.

I live in washington mo. Its just easier to say STL.

what town you from?

ko1ru

« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2013, 01:38:31 pm »

Very nice.

I live in washington mo. Its just easier to say STL.

what town you from?

Rolla.  Just right down 44 from you.

nanner666

« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »
been through ROLLA many of times.

really good friend of mine used to live in salem and now lives in ROLLA also

« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »
Hey Brannon, I'm new myself but welcome to the site... Did you get the Sega Channel as well? it is truly unfortunate that they didn't keep it around or someone make another version like it for the sega system.. funny this guy wanted $50.00 for it at the flea market... almost bought it but thought better since sega channel really doesn't exist.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual