Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 250928 times)

nanner666

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14:16 pm »
Hey Brannon, I'm new myself but welcome to the site... Did you get the Sega Channel as well? it is truly unfortunate that they didn't keep it around or someone make another version like it for the sega system.. funny this guy wanted $50.00 for it at the flea market... almost bought it but thought better since sega channel really doesn't exist.

nah thats the one of the things i dont have. and honestly unless if falls into my lap for stupid cheap im not going to buy it. The only reason i got a sega cd and 32x attachments were because someone was selling it for stupid cheap.

and i would not pay 50.00 for it. like you said its pretty useless.

sin2beta

« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2013, 08:21:11 pm »
Hey Brannon, I'm new myself but welcome to the site... Did you get the Sega Channel as well? it is truly unfortunate that they didn't keep it around or someone make another version like it for the sega system.. funny this guy wanted $50.00 for it at the flea market... almost bought it but thought better since sega channel really doesn't exist.

nah thats the one of the things i dont have. and honestly unless if falls into my lap for stupid cheap im not going to buy it. The only reason i got a sega cd and 32x attachments were because someone was selling it for stupid cheap.

It would be a neat thing to have as a display but that's about it.

From what I understand, XBand still works though! And it goes for a lot less than the sega channel as well...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »

still working on getting the 32x attachements but not found one that i'm willing to pay the price for. I did find a Sega Master System pretty cheap but it was broken...

XBand still around that is interesting I would like to see that :)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

sin2beta

« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2013, 08:51:14 pm »

still working on getting the 32x attachements but not found one that i'm willing to pay the price for. I did find a Sega Master System pretty cheap but it was broken...

XBand still around that is interesting I would like to see that :)

I haven't tried it. But there are videos of people still connecting with it. The saturn netlink was a modified xband. So, if people still connect saturns (I believe they do) xband should wok as well.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

nanner666

« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:27 pm »
i actually scored my sega cd and 32x with 2ng gen console for under 50 dollars. with games no less.

yeah i could not pass that up.

glefferson

« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:11 pm »
Hi everybody!
I am Glefferson from Brazil.  ;D
Well, I don’t know exactly what to say to you, so I am going to speak how I started my collection and what videogame means to me.
About 13 years that I collect old videogames. It all started when a friend of mine wanted to pass me back offering a his very old console in exchange to one pair of new SNES joypads and one cartridge that I had. This console was a Master System and it came with “Sonic The Hedgehog” in its memory. It was the first time that I knew Sonic. I fell in love for the first sight! Right after, at the same time, another friend showed me his Master System, that was an older model (Master System II by Tectoy, that is the same model by American Master System I, with the difference that everybody knows). And he had some cartridges and a pistol… And then I bought the console and the games for a very small price! Some time later, I found out a blockbuster in another neighborhood of my town that there were dozens of Master System games, that they rented in Master System time. And they were selling the cartridges for a price of a bottle of Coke. My other friend didn’t believe in my luck… He thought that I would never find games for that console…

Since then, I have been looking for cartridges and consoles in second hand shops and old things in my town and region. Luckily here we always find things like this in these shops, some shops even dark and far away, that make us feel afraid… But my first Atari console was a little different. I crossed my town on foot to go to another friend’s house. His uncle had an Atari 2600 “Darth Vader” abandoned on his garage floor, it was crashed and mistreated. I bought it and I fixed and restored it! I have it until today! Along the years, I kept on buying other old videogames consoles in these shops that I mentioned and some games too. But the most part of games and consoles I got from my friends that wanted to give a little help to my collection. Although I found my last console at a garbage site… About 3 years ago I knew a guy that also collect old videogames, but he buys brand new and complete items and buys them from sellers all around the world. And that’s when my collection begins to be a more serious thing, because I bought a lot of things from him and we participated of the several auctions over the internet.

Well, among my consoles, my favorite ones are the Master System, Mega Drive (Genesis for you), and the legendary Dreamcast. This last console touched me when I received it by mail. It was an 11 year wait…  ;D

I’m very happy to be participating of this community! I hope I can make many friends here!

I only ask that you have a little of patience with me. It’s been only four months since I started learning English…  ;)

scott

« Reply #471 on: January 27, 2013, 11:54:52 pm »
Hey Glefferson welcome to the site! Always love seeing new members from other countries.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2013, 12:22:21 am »
Welcome to the site glefferson!

I enjoyed reading through your story and if you can take some pictures we'd love to see them(I am a sucker for pictures and stuff from Brazil would be great to see :D )

soera

« Reply #473 on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:26 am »
Welcome and dont worry about your English ... most of the people here can probably read it just fine, I know I could.

Glad to see another SMS fan. Its the system I grew up on and some of the most awesome games ever made are master system exclusives. It seemed to have been a pretty popular system in Brazil too so you got the better end than we did here. 2 of the games I own I purchased from Brazil even.

« Reply #474 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:29 am »
Welcome to the Forum glefferson and enjoyed reading your story. I wish I could find a sale like you did here.. but unfortunately we have to many greedy people who seem to populate the flea markets and other places here in Texas..
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

darko

« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2013, 10:02:28 am »
I only ask that you have a little of patience with me. It’s been only four months since I started learning English…  ;)

Holy hell...if you've made it this far in four months, you'll be speaking better English than most US citizens in no time!

Welcome to the site.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:17 am »

Holy hell...if you've made it this far in four months, you'll be speaking better English than most US citizens in no time!

Welcome to the site.

This!

Welcome to the site :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »

Welcome to the site.
He already speaks English a lot better than many people I've met. US-born people. :P

soera

« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »
Probably better than 90% of the teens out there.

scott

« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:53 pm »
Wachu mean, yo. Dat be profilin' yo, and it ain't coo. Sheeeeeet.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread