Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 251951 times)

soera

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2013, 08:23:19 pm »
That about sums it up.

foxhack

« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »
Wachu mean, yo. Dat be profilin' yo, and it ain't coo. Sheeeeeet.
And this is still much easier to understand than whatever language the people I spoke to in Georgia and Tennessee kept trying to pass off as English.

Y'all.

scott

« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:54 pm »
And this is still much easier to understand than whatever language the people I spoke to in Georgia and Tennessee kept trying to pass off as English.

Y'all.

Y'all done ben don yonder? Reckon I ben don thar all day. Ooohee, some gewd eat'n don at th' fish fry.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2013, 11:07:41 pm »

Y'all.

Y'all done ben don yonder? Reckon I ben don thar all day. Ooohee, some gewd eat'n don at th' fish fry.
... That's New Orleans.

jcalder8

« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:18 pm »
Heya hosers, howsit goin eh?

sin2beta

« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:15 am »
Heya hosers, howsit goin eh?

Did this become an episode of the Great White North?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:04 am »

Y'all.

Avoid Baahston :P

In the south, theoretically, you can *literally* be fixin' to be fixin your car; I suppose, huh?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:19 am »
Welcome glefferson!

« Reply #488 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »
I feel kinda bad that I keep rambling about region stuff, so I figure a quick "hi!" is in probably in order.

My name's Erik, from Portland, Oregon. Ko1ru referred me here, since we had both been trying to find an alternative to sites like Listal, GameFAQs, etc, and after about an hour or mucking around, I started moving all my lists over here.

I started gaming somewhere around... 1985'ish or so, but probably wasn't a confirmed addict until I got the NES and SNES a couple years later. That eventually developed into a PC gaming addiction, and it's spiralled over the years with a PS1, PS2, and eventually a GameCube, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, DS, and... yeah. Too much, yet never enough! My apartment is practically wall-to-wall with games and movies these days, slowed only by a relatively small budget, and me being picky about the condition of used games. I also made the really stupid decision to sell the bulk of stuff I had as a kid when I was a teenager, so now I'm faced with replacing most of it. Strangely, I *did* keep my copy of Super Metroid, which still looks practically brand new, so at least there's that :)

Most of my collection is focused on Japanese games, especially JRPGs, bullet hell shooters, and 2D fighters, and I've slowly been moving into the sometimes frighteningly expensive world of imports, but I try to keep my tastes pretty open. You'll probably see a lot of frantic activity during weekdays, since I work in customer service, which basically means I spend most my day talking to jerks and browsing the web. It's open to debate whether the abuse is worth the slacker opportunities the job affords me.

Enough rambling for now. I should probably um... work or... something.

jcalder8

« Reply #489 on: January 31, 2013, 03:02:29 pm »
Welcome to the site insektmute! It's always great to have other peoples opinions it really has made the site as strong as it is so far so keep at it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #490 on: January 31, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »
Welcome to the site, Insektmute!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #491 on: January 31, 2013, 03:38:54 pm »
Welcome Eric! We always appreciate and love the feedback, so keep it coming.

« Reply #492 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:44 pm »
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be the first to admit I might come across as a little too opinionated sometimes, but for what it's worth, I'm really really liking the site so far. Far more organized and accurate than most, and the community seems to consist of a lot of *gasp* actual hardcore gamers who buy games. My collection is tiny compared to a lot of you, and that's... actually kind of refreshing!

tripredacus

« Reply #493 on: January 31, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »
I registered well over a year ago... Looking for something to track my collection. This site had some good things but is lacking in others. Anyways, it is better than others I've found recently. Most other tracking sites are lacking in international games. Hopefully this database can get as complete as Shmax, which I use to track my Transformers collection.

:)

jcalder8

« Reply #494 on: January 31, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »
Welcome to the site tripredacus! Glad to have you using the forums now :)

Looks like you have an impressive Transformers collection, as soon as I am done with video games maybe I will branch out :D