Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246941 times)

tripredacus

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #495 on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:47 pm »
That reminds me, is there a signature thing here I can use on other gaming forums?

EDIT: Actually I see others have it, how do I get to set that up?

jcalder8

« Reply #496 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »
That reminds me, is there a signature thing here I can use on other gaming forums?

Hover your mouse over Profile at the top of the screen, click on Forum Profile and then you will see a place at the bottom to copy the web code. I hope that makes sense :)

tripredacus

« Reply #497 on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:25 pm »

Hover your mouse over Profile at the top of the screen, click on Forum Profile and then you will see a place at the bottom to copy the web code. I hope that makes sense :)

Nevermind, I figured it out. Its under Settings on the main site. Thanks!

ko1ru

« Reply #498 on: February 02, 2013, 12:29:27 am »
I feel kinda bad that I keep rambling about region stuff, so I figure a quick "hi!" is in probably in order.

My name's Erik, from Portland, Oregon. Ko1ru referred me here, since we had both been trying to find an alternative to sites like Listal, GameFAQs, etc, and after about an hour or mucking around, I started moving all my lists over here.

I started gaming somewhere around... 1985'ish or so, but probably wasn't a confirmed addict until I got the NES and SNES a couple years later. That eventually developed into a PC gaming addiction, and it's spiralled over the years with a PS1, PS2, and eventually a GameCube, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, DS, and... yeah. Too much, yet never enough! My apartment is practically wall-to-wall with games and movies these days, slowed only by a relatively small budget, and me being picky about the condition of used games. I also made the really stupid decision to sell the bulk of stuff I had as a kid when I was a teenager, so now I'm faced with replacing most of it. Strangely, I *did* keep my copy of Super Metroid, which still looks practically brand new, so at least there's that :)

Most of my collection is focused on Japanese games, especially JRPGs, bullet hell shooters, and 2D fighters, and I've slowly been moving into the sometimes frighteningly expensive world of imports, but I try to keep my tastes pretty open. You'll probably see a lot of frantic activity during weekdays, since I work in customer service, which basically means I spend most my day talking to jerks and browsing the web. It's open to debate whether the abuse is worth the slacker opportunities the job affords me.

Enough rambling for now. I should probably um... work or... something.

Yes, Erik is super awesome and I think he'll be a great contributor to the site.  :)

« Reply #499 on: February 02, 2013, 05:42:08 pm »
Yes, Erik is super awesome and I think he'll be a great contributor to the site.  :)

Aww, yer gonna make me blush over here :p

« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:26 am »
Hello all,

Just joined the site. Been gaming since the mid-1990's and haven't been a collector in the most traditional sense. However i'm more of the type that keeps the games I buy and over the years have built up a decent sized collection of games. Now that I'm working full time, I can finally expand a little bit and collect a bit more.

If there's any one franchise I keep up with the most it would be the Command & Conquer franchise....to the point where I have 2 copies of the vast majority of the catalogue (Including original copies of Command & Conquer 95). Great idea for a site!
That Was Left Handed
-----------------------------
"If the day does not require an AK, it is good"

sin2beta

« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:19 am »
Hello all,

Just joined the site. Been gaming since the mid-1990's and haven't been a collector in the most traditional sense. However i'm more of the type that keeps the games I buy and over the years have built up a decent sized collection of games. Now that I'm working full time, I can finally expand a little bit and collect a bit more.

If there's any one franchise I keep up with the most it would be the Command & Conquer franchise....to the point where I have 2 copies of the vast majority of the catalogue (Including original copies of Command & Conquer 95). Great idea for a site!

Command and Conquer is a great series. I remember spending my teen years swapping between that and starcraft with my friends.

Welcome to the site!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2013, 08:37:49 am »
Hello all,

Welcome to Hell...I mean...the Site; Spire!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2013, 10:36:48 pm »
Hey Spire, welcome to the site. I never really played the Command & Conquer series.. Was too busy with the RPG aspects such as Darksun, Eye of Beholder, Knights of Xentar, Ravenloft, Legacy of Ancients, etc. and so forth... The closest I came to Command & Conquer was Scorched Earth....
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

hellrider1988

« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2013, 09:21:33 am »
Hi everybody, I'm hellrider1988 from Berlin, Germany.

Not a hardcore collector either, but since I was able to save for a new PC my gaming habits from the 90s have kind of resurfaced. I also still own a SNES, N64 and a good old Game Boy, though time for these babies is scarce. ;)

I'm really glad I found this site, have been looking for something like vgcollect for quite a while. I also like to archive my other collections (books, CDs, DVDs etc.) on similar sites, so this really comes in handy. :)

scott

« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2013, 09:40:45 am »
Welcome hellrider1988! Glad to see another European join the site. Always nice to have input from other regions. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2013, 09:44:07 am »
Welcome to hell, rider1988 :D

It's always great to have more international users!

scott

« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:50 am »

Unless they are Canadian...  ::) haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2013, 09:50:18 am »

what's that supposed to mean

jcalder8

« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:02 am »

what's that supposed to mean
It just means that he doesn't want too many Canadians here making him look bad :D