Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246845 times)

htimreimer

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #735 on: February 14, 2014, 06:43:02 pm »
welcome to the site nadozza

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #736 on: February 14, 2014, 06:47:35 pm »
Hope you like it here. It's a pretty great place. Don't be afraid to jump right in.

anruiukimi

« Reply #737 on: February 14, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »
Hello!

I was just looking for a good way to catalog my collection (as small as it is) and after trying a few services VGCollect is easily my favorite.

I'm @animemew on Twitter and love AKB stuff, so if anyone else likes them I'd love to chat!

Everyone in the forum seem super nice and open, so I'm hoping to be chatting with you all often  ;)

Hi! I've only been here a few weeks myself, but welcome! :)

scott

« Reply #738 on: February 14, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »
Ah! Another Canadian! HIIIISSSSSS!

Kidding, welcome to VGCollect nadozza! :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »
Another Canadian? From our fair land of post-rock and high shipping prices?

Welcome to the site. I like your collection!

nadozza

PRO Supporter

« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
Thanks everyone!

What's up with our shipping prices? It's ridiculous. Also, EB has lost a customer in me raising their prices. The dollar down 10 or 11 cents? Better raise the price 5~10$!

« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »
Thanks everyone!

What's up with our shipping prices? It's ridiculous. Also, EB has lost a customer in me raising their prices. The dollar down 10 or 11 cents? Better raise the price 5~10$!
I fear for our American brethren even more. Minimum wage might go up, and even though that's a good thing on paper, a lot of companies are going to inflate prices on things.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:04:49 pm by exonerator »

scott

« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2014, 11:16:32 pm »
It's actually a bad thing on paper as well. Minimum wage goes up, prices of good goes up to compensate for the mandatory wage increase.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #743 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27:37 pm »
Thought I would finally post in this thread.

I just joined a little bit ago after watching this site for a long time. I have way too much stuff to catalog currently, but I'm slowly adding stuff and marking that I own it. Maybe in the next few years I'll catch up.

Name is Stephen (pronounced like Steven) and I live in Arizona. I'm 34.

I have been collecting since the Atari 2600 and my newest console is the Xbox One (I have almost everything in-between).

Also I'm relieved to see that people understand simple economics from the posts above mine.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2014, 11:34:15 pm »
It's actually a bad thing on paper as well. Minimum wage goes up, prices of good goes up to compensate for the mandatory wage increase.
Well, that's my point. The part where I said it was good on paper is because people immediately think "Yay, more money!" and "the 99% is winning", but they forget that the companies are thinking the exact same thing. Except the 1% are winning. A $3 fast food item might cost $1 - $1.50 more within the next 2 years because a lot of people who work at fast food eat there as well, and fast food restaurants control a huge part of American employment, as well as daily revenue.

Anyways, back on topic: Welcome Stephen, even though you've received a warm welcome in the weeks past. :p Can't wait to see your full collection logged.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #745 on: February 15, 2014, 08:40:56 am »
Ah! Another Canadian! HIIIISSSSSS!

Kidding, welcome to VGCollect nadozza! :D

This!

Welcome to the community - we've got a great group here -and- it's always nice to meet new members & get to know them :)

On a brighter note (than Canada:) - I've noticed that I'm now up to having at least 4-5 brother "Parkway Exit #'s" here on the site!

Jersey representing *STRONG*
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #746 on: February 15, 2014, 11:25:29 am »
Well, that's my point. The part where I said it was good on paper is because people immediately think "Yay, more money!" and "the 99% is winning", but they forget that the companies are thinking the exact same thing. Except the 1% are winning. A $3 fast food item might cost $1 - $1.50 more within the next 2 years because a lot of people who work at fast food eat there as well, and fast food restaurants control a huge part of American employment, as well as daily revenue.

Anyways, back on topic: Welcome Stephen, even though you've received a warm welcome in the weeks past. :p Can't wait to see your full collection logged.

I agree with both points. Everyone has been very nice and welcomed me! Also every time minimum wage is raised the companies don't just say, "Oh Well - we are just going to pay more to our employees and make less money this year." Just as you said Exonerator - they pass that cost down to the customers. This happens across the whole market. Grocery stores start charging more, fast food charges more, any retail store. Even companies you wouldn't think about have minimum wage employees like shipping companies, warehousing companies, video game companies. All of these companies are going to pass that cost back to the consumers.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #747 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26:41 pm »
Hey folks.  Stumbled across this place browsing to see if there was a better mobile app to use on my phone as the only one I have is NES Hunter Pro, which is only Nintendo related and only up to Gamecube, so this place seemed way better for keep track of my overall collection.  I'm a relatively new collector though I've done it off and on over the years, but now I've really begun trying to collect on the cheap when I can, primarily Nintendo related, though I'm a pretty varied gamer.  My main collection right now is trying to get all the Zelda titles, of which I have a reasonable chunk so far, but a ways to go.  Also trying to collect alot of Nintendo 64 games, of which I have around 30 with nearly zero boxes for them, though I am lucky to still have my original Zelda N64 games in the boxes.

Looking forward to hanging out here.  I've also in the past few months started into Perler Bead art, usually retro gaming related, so maybe I can start a thread for that around here, of which you can find my deviantart at http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/ .

Now to spend forever cataloging my games lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #748 on: March 02, 2014, 08:55:57 pm »
Let me be the "Welcome Wagon". Nice to have you. Don't be scared to jump right in and be part of the community. It's a good group here. Nice to have you.  And keep an eye out for a dude named soera. Nothing but trouble.

« Reply #749 on: March 02, 2014, 09:01:31 pm »
Thanks, Turf.  I'll keep my eyes peeled lol