Author Topic: November 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16493 times)

tripredacus

Re: November 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »
All complete unless noted. From Antique store, thrift and Ebay.

NES
Pin Bot

PlayStation
Barbie: Race & Ride
PlayStation Underground Jampack Winter '98

PS2
Gretzky NHL 2005

PS3
NHL 15

Sega Genesis
Bulls versus Blazers
F-117 Night Storm
IMG International Tour Tennis
PGA European Tour

Sega Mega Drive EU
Mega Games vol 3 (cart only)

Wii
Transformers: ROTF

PC
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Civilization III & IV Complete Edition
Codename Nina
Crysis 2 - Limited Edition
Dark Void
Die Hard Trilogy (Jewel case version)
Free Wheelin' USA
Half-Life 2 (Alyx Cover)
Hitman 2
I.G.I. 2: Covert Strike
Mortyr II
Necrodome (cd and jewel case)
Sniper: Path of Vengeance

theflea

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2016, 10:49:27 pm »
Another two weeks of pick ups.

Disney Infinity
Toys R Us had a sale Buy 1 get 3 free lol
- Agent P (clear TRU exclusive)
- Loki
- Maleficent
- Nemo

Amiibo
- Robin (finally I have completed the SSB set)
- Rosalina
- Daisy
- Wario
- Waluigi
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Boo

PS4
- Assassin's Creed Unity (on clearance for $5)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (cover 1)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (cover 2)
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (cover 1)
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (cover 2)
(I know the covers are reversible, But I kinda wanted all 4 covers to show.)  :P
- Sword Art Online - Collector's Edition with Steelbook
- Blazblue: Central Fiction - Collector's Edition

XBone
- Dishonored 2 - Collector's Edition (the full sized mask is pretty awesome I must say)
- Scream Ride (on clearance for $10)
Target had a buy 2 get one free so I picked out 3 $20 games.
- The Walking Dead Season 2
- Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1
- Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2
- Monopoly Family Fun Pack (on clearance for $6)
- Elder Scrolls: Skyrim HD Remastered (between my best buy discount and a coupon I had made it $35)

WiiU
This was a game that was on my watch for list, A local Gamestop got one in for $40 and I looked online and its still selling for $60+ so I grabbed it.
- Wii Sports Club

3DS
- Harvest Moon: Skytree Village - Limited Edition

VITA
- Shovel Knight

XB
I've been looking for this to come in at my local Used game store.
- Phantom Dust

N64
A local Gamestore got this in and I traded 2 and a half regular N64's to get it. (one was missing cables)
- Nintendo 64 (Purple)

And last I heard that the NES classic Edition was going to be a hot item so when I got off work at 4 AM I went straight to Walmart and they told me that they only got in 6 systems and they sold out in 5 minutes. I Figured all the 24 hour stores would be sold out so I went to Target and saw a huge line.  :o I then went to Best Buy and saw another huge line of people camped outside.  :o Then I saw a smaller Gamestop had no one waiting. I had no idea if they even got any in. But figured this was my best chance. So I was first in line here. As I was waiting more and more people started to show up. At 9 AM a store manager shows up and I ask how many they got in and she tells me 5 and the people who where numbers 6 and beyond where not happy. The store opens and everyone rushes in But the store manager knew who where the first five and serve us first. They only got in ONE extra controller and about 5 books (geez Nintendo) I go to pay and my card was declined.  :o It wasn't because I didn't have money or my card was canceled or anything like that it, was because Gamestop's Internet was down. Lucky I had cash on me to pay for it and did so, last thing I needed was people screaming that my card was declined and they should get it. So I buy the System, Controller and the book and got my butt outta there. I felt sorry for the clerks they where getting yelled at and the phone was ringing non stop from people asking about it. There was even people selling it right after they bought one to the people in line. (jerks)
The system is cute and looks awesome, my only complaint is they should have added a card slot to add new game packs. (imagine the little door opens and you could buy 10 more games on a card for $20) and the cord on the controllers are way to short. They are about 2 feet long. (geez Nintendo) lol  ::)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:00:38 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2016, 08:22:29 am »
Well nothing video game this time. Mostly some pretty good action figures. All DBZ XD

Ultimate Gohan- Jakks Pacific Ultimate line.
Future Trunks- MSP line
Futre Gohan and Trunks- HSCF line. This was my favorite find since Future Gohan is possibly my most favorite incarnation of the character couple that with the fact there's almost no merch for this character and the HSCF figures of him are HARD to find. Sadly they didn't have their original boxes >< Oh well they look great on my desk.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:44 am »
NES
Pin Bot

One of the first games that I got with my NES as a little kid. Freaking adore this one. Best video pinball out there until The Pinball Hall of Fame Collections and Pinball FX games came out.

tripredacus

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 09:57:51 am »
Not sold on Pinball FX. I have FX2 and its neat but it is like a never ending video mode. Farsight's recreations are much better.

PS4
(I know the covers are reversible, But I kinda wanted all 4 covers to show.)  :P

Case in point when people were complaining about adding the alternate cover versions of this game to the db.  :-X

telly

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:15 am »
Not sold on Pinball FX. I have FX2 and its neat but it is like a never ending video mode. Farsight's recreations are much better.

PS4

Case in point when people were complaining about adding the alternate cover versions of this game to the db.  :-X

Eesh, "complaining"? That's kind of rude and belittling, just sayin'.  :( :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:10:23 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2016, 07:35:34 pm »
In a rare occurrence these days, turf splurged and got himself something.
I paid $40 for a copy of Rygar! 
"$40? For Rygar??" you say. Well, this isn't just your everyday copy of Rygar. This is Rygar for the PlayChoice-10!

I'm excited.  8)

spac316

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2016, 11:12:16 pm »
Got Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer and MTV Celebrity Deathmatch for PS2.

I need this Celebrity Deathmatch game. I didn't know there was a game.

Yeah, I did but I didn't bother getting it back then, I think it came in 2003. I was worried of the quality so I didn't want to pay full price. I'm sure you can find it for cheap. Got that at my Goodwill for about $3. Was in nice condition so why not?
It's a dumb fun game, I don't remember it getting any high critical praise. Wasn't a huge release...a small company made it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:42:51 am by spac316 »

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »
And last I heard that the NES classic Edition was going to be a hot item so when I got off work at 4 AM I went straight to Walmart and they told me that they only got in 6 systems and they sold out in 5 minutes. I Figured all the 24 hour stores would be sold out so I went to Target and saw a huge line.  :o I then went to Best Buy and saw another huge line of people camped outside.  :o Then I saw a smaller Gamestop had no one waiting. I had no idea if they even got any in. But figured this was my best chance. So I was first in line here. As I was waiting more and more people started to show up. At 9 AM a store manager shows up and I ask how many they got in and she tells me 5 and the people who where numbers 6 and beyond where not happy. The store opens and everyone rushes in But the store manager knew who where the first five and serve us first. They only got in ONE extra controller and about 5 books (geez Nintendo) I go to pay and my card was declined.  :o It wasn't because I didn't have money or my card was canceled or anything like that it, was because Gamestop's Internet was down. Lucky I had cash on me to pay for it and did so, last thing I needed was people screaming that my card was declined and they should get it. So I buy the System, Controller and the book and got my butt outta there. I felt sorry for the clerks they where getting yelled at and the phone was ringing non stop from people asking about it. There was even people selling it right after they bought one to the people in line. (jerks)
The system is cute and looks awesome, my only complaint is they should have added a card slot to add new game packs. (imagine the little door opens and you could buy 10 more games on a card for $20) and the cord on the controllers are way to short. They are about 2 feet long. (geez Nintendo) lol  ::)
Congratulations on your purchase!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:20:17 pm by blurks »

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2016, 02:38:20 pm »
A few random acquisitions during the last week or so:

Skylanders:
Master Aurora

SNES:
Super Mario World

GBA:
Medabots AX: Metabee version

360:
Fuzion Frenzy 2
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009

574 titles to go for the 360 now.

One:
Metal Gear Solid V

Board/Card Games:
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Guillotine
Chrononauts

shepard11

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:09 am »
Got some really great games this weekend. Went to one of my normal haunts and everything I wanted was sold out like a copy of Ballz. But the owner kept laughing at my puns so he sold me a 6 button Sega Genesis controller it's almost brand new. Score.

Sega Genesis:
6 Button Controller
F-15 Strike Eagle II

Sega CD:
Racing Aces (Brand New Sealed Copy)

Sega Dreamcast:
Chicken Run

NDS:
Legendary Starfy

N64:
Turok 2 Seed of Evil (Black Cart)

Then a friend of my mine was cleaning out his basement and found a box of N64 games. He kept the games but I got all the boxes and booklets for free so I'm completely a lot of my N64 games. And the games I don't have for the boxes I'm going to go searching for on Thursday.

theflea

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2016, 01:07:21 am »

360:
Fuzion Frenzy 2
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009

574 titles to go for the 360 now.

Going for a complete 360 collection?
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »
I've been holding off on my game purchasing until Christmas. I'm afraid I might buy something I'm already gonna get from my wife or Secret Santa here at VGCollect.

Same goes for my movie collection, for the same reason.

It's really hard being as much of a collector/hunter as I am and not going out and doing my thing.

soera

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2016, 01:34:45 pm »
I figured I would add something here today. I pre-ordered that silly NES classic way back when it was first announced from Target. It arrived yesterday. Within the time between pre-ordering and receiving, a lot of stuff has been posted about the system. Some bad (cord length, almost certainly not upgradable with hacks, etc) some good (resale value mostly) and so I had decided I was going to be a filthy reseller for once and flip it. But there has been an item that has also surfaced during that time I have had my eyes on : PS4 pro. Long story short, I swapped my NES classic and a small amount of cash for a Pro. 5 PS4's in one house = life.

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »
Going for a complete 360 collection?

Complete Retail NTSC, yes. I'm a little over halfway there. Of course, the collection feels more complete as about half of the titles left to get are sports games.