Author Topic: December 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11331 times)

realpoketendonl

Re: December 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2016, 11:38:07 am »
It's a Laser 500 Color Computer, apparently one of multiple models of computers produced by Dutch company Laser in the 80s and 90s. The system itself is from 1985, but apart from technical specifications I can barely find anything on it. Too bad, because I don't even know how it works.

There seems to be a bit here, including links:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187667-any-info-on-video-technology-laser-500-computer/

I use these search terms on google:
Code: [Select]
Laser 500 Color Computer -laserjet

Yeah, I tried the same search terms already and found that forum too. I just hadn't read through all of the posts yet. I'm mainly just looking for documentation right now, because while it turns on and it beeps, I can't get any kind of image out of it whatshowever. I know these pc's need cassettes to work, but normally if you boot them up you at least get a blank screen to type on, right? Well, whatever, I'll just keep looking!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »
It's a Laser 500 Color Computer, apparently one of multiple models of computers produced by Dutch company Laser in the 80s and 90s. The system itself is from 1985, but apart from technical specifications I can barely find anything on it. Too bad, because I don't even know how it works.

There seems to be a bit here, including links:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187667-any-info-on-video-technology-laser-500-computer/

I use these search terms on google:
Code: [Select]
Laser 500 Color Computer -laserjet

Yeah, I tried the same search terms already and found that forum too. I just hadn't read through all of the posts yet. I'm mainly just looking for documentation right now, because while it turns on and it beeps, I can't get any kind of image out of it whatshowever. I know these pc's need cassettes to work, but normally if you boot them up you at least get a blank screen to type on, right? Well, whatever, I'll just keep looking!

Do you use a monitor?

realpoketendonl

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2016, 07:06:24 pm »
Do you use a monitor?
It has a port which looks like a regular RCA port which says 'TV', so I tried hooking it up to my big CRT TV with that port and a regular 3-color RCA cable, but that didn't work. I may try the small CRT TV soon, but I'm assuming it won't make a difference.

It also has a port I have no idea of what it does, so I'm still looking into that (I've been a bit busy since I got it, so I haven't had much time to do that). It says 'Mon' (monitor maybe?). I don't have any actual monitors for it. I thought it'd work on a TV as well, but of course I could be wrong, so maybe I should get a monitor?

(The cassette port is obviously for the cassette player)

There are two other slots on it, but those look like two cartridge slots, so I'm assuming those aren't important right now, right?

I do at least know it's somewhat functional, because when the power's on the PC itself beeps whenever I press a key (haven't looked into what this means yet, I'm not sure honestly).
I'm really new to pre-Windows PC's like this (this is my first PC ever from the pre-Windows era), so I'm a huge noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. But I'm learning! Heck, that's why I bought it :3

On a completely unrelated note, since this is the thread for it, I figured I might as well post this here. LORD GABEN SPARE MY WALLET.
Yep, Steam Winter Sale is on, and I once again couldn't control myself. World of Goo (90% off!), Melody's Escape, Town of Salem, Mega Man Legacy Collection, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and Undertale are now in my collection!
I got most of these because they have reputations of being great, and I really wanted to try them for myself and see whether they were worth the praise. The only exceptions to this are Town of Salem (which I just really like) and Melody's Escape (which was an impulsive purchase). Good lord I have a painful cramp in my wallet!

Oh, and I got a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo cards. I bought a few packs, hoping to find Chief for my girlfriend....I didn't get him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:10:00 pm by realpoketendonl »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2016, 07:31:38 pm »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »
Metriod Prime Trilogy.

Best game on the Wii.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2016, 10:16:18 am »
Do you use a monitor?
It has a port which looks like a regular RCA port which says 'TV', so I tried hooking it up to my big CRT TV with that port and a regular 3-color RCA cable, but that didn't work. I may try the small CRT TV soon, but I'm assuming it won't make a difference.

It also has a port I have no idea of what it does, so I'm still looking into that (I've been a bit busy since I got it, so I haven't had much time to do that). It says 'Mon' (monitor maybe?). I don't have any actual monitors for it. I thought it'd work on a TV as well, but of course I could be wrong, so maybe I should get a monitor?

There are two other slots on it, but those look like two cartridge slots, so I'm assuming those aren't important right now, right?

I do at least know it's somewhat functional, because when the power's on the PC itself beeps whenever I press a key (haven't looked into what this means yet, I'm not sure honestly).
I'm really new to pre-Windows PC's like this (this is my first PC ever from the pre-Windows era), so I'm a huge noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. But I'm learning! Heck, that's why I bought it :3

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos.asp?t=1&c=449&st=2

Here you can see where the ports are used for.

Sometimes those old computers need a adapter for a tv connection.

Otherwise, try sending a mail to here http://gamesencomputers.nl/. I think John or Naomi would know, or know someone who could help.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2016, 11:07:38 am »
Do you use a monitor?

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos.asp?t=1&c=449&st=2

Here you can see where the ports are used for.

Sometimes those old computers need a adapter for a tv connection.

Otherwise, try sending a mail to here http://gamesencomputers.nl/. I think John or Naomi would know, or know someone who could help.

Thanks for the tip! We already fixed it though. It was as easy as plugging an RCA cable into the Mon port (which I thought I already did, but I guess not  ::) ). Anyway, I don't have it anymore. A friend of mine came over, and he is obsessed with this kind of stuff, so I gave it to him as a kind of christmas gift. I wanted to mess around with it, but I know I don't have much time for it, and it'd probably end up in a dusty closet anyway. Besides, I can always get it back when I want to. I've got enough games in my backlog to play through to keep me busy for a long time anyway :).

EDIT: Again, since this is the thread for it. Just picked up all chapters of Life is Strange on Steam for just €4,99! What a steal! Even though I had the ending spoiled for me, I think I'll still enjoy it!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:34:46 pm by realpoketendonl »

doafan

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »
This past Sunday purchased my digital copy of Goat Simulator for 2.50 bucks where I can say that this was the only Christmas gift that I received but it's ok because this month have have also added to my digital collection for free my copy of Burnout Paradise, Outland, Lost Odyssey and Outlast, can't wait to January to download Rayman Origins  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

realpoketendonl

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2016, 04:32:47 pm »
We got a PS4 with Call of Duty, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and a second controller for christmas!....keyword being 'we'. I have to share it with my 4 siblings. Well, I wasn't planning on playing on it too much anyway (got a big enough Wii U and Steam backlog anyway), so I got them a year of Playstation Plus as a gift and let them be. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for it, I'm very happy they're happy with it, and of course I'll get chances to play on it, but I at least won't be adding it here, since it isn't just mine.
My girlfriend did get me Super Mario 3D World though, so I'm very happy! She also made me an incredibly cute Pokémon Sun/Moon christmas card, which I'll upload a picture of asap!
Also picked up all episodes of Life is Strange on Steam. €5 is an absolute steal, very excited to play through it!
Also just got the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Isabelle amiibo on sale, those'll arrive soon!

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »
One of my friends really wanted to play Overwatch with me, but we game on different systems (I'm Xbox, he's Sony), so he decided to indefinitely lend me his older PS4. Needless to say, I now own Overwatch on two platforms.

PS4:
Overwatch

One:
Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Skylanders:
Bad Juju
Pit Boss (1st time I had to make an entry, hope I did everything right)

Board/Card games:
Risk Legacy
Urbanization
Magic: The Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows over Innistrad

doafan

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »
One of my friends really wanted to play Overwatch with me, but we game on different systems (I'm Xbox, he's Sony), so he decided to indefinitely lend me his older PS4.

Guess that I need to get some new friends cause mine are a bunch of assholes that always used the damn blue shell from Mario Kart every time that I was wining  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

lordscott

Here i recently gotten for Christmas & of course added to my collection
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2016, 10:04:59 pm »
& for my birthday too as well I've gotten as for follows a PS4 to be specific it's a PS4 uncharted bundle a 500 GB slim PS4,Final Fantasy XV T-shirt & yes it's one of my favorite shirts one of my favorite gaming T-shirts & yep it's my very first Final Fantasy merchandises i have in my collection & it's my very first gaming merchandises in my collection unless you counted posters.

I also gotten for Christmas+my birthday so far is Star Wars Battlefront as my 2nd PS4 game & a Mini NES classics i don't care what anyone says i proudly admit as a side not that i buy,i still buy,i love,i still love,i play & i still play both the classics & modern games equally and I've ordered myself a PS4 game called J-stars victory VS+ for PS4 for myself on gamestop site yesterday/last night to both added it to my anime & manga collection & to added it to my PS4 game collection.

To end it here don't worry I'm not greedy i don't mind sharing with my dad & yes I'm including i don't mind sharing with my dad if he loves anime & manga like i do :).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:11:10 pm by lordscott »

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2016, 08:18:38 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill:
Simpsons Hit and Run cib GameCube 1.99$
Lord of the Rings Third Age cib GameCube 1.99$
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon cib GameCube 1.99$
Call of Duty Finest Hour cib GameCube 1.99$
Medal of Honor Frontline cib GameCube players choice 1.99$
Medal of Honor Rising Sun cib GameCube players choice 1.99$
Il 2 Sturmvak cib PS3 1.99$
Disney Infinity cib Wii U 2.99$
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:20:46 pm by 98dgreen »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »
Went a little crazy with gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free and power up reward coupons (saved up from black friday) over the past week and a half

Splatoon
Gears of War 4
Fire Emblem Fates- Birthright
Starfox 3d
Project Xzone
Steel Diver
Titanfall 2
Ninja Gaiden II- 360
Trauma Center New Blood- Wii
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Tetris DS
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Colors- DS
Megaman Zero Collection- DS
Megaman ZX- DS
Megaman ZX Advent- DS
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection- PS3
Return to Poplocrois- 3DS
Luigi Mansion Dark Moon- 3ds
Rodea The Sky Soldier- Wii U/Wii
King's Quest Complete Collection- PS4
Rayman 3ds
Dragon Quest VI- DS
Wipeout 2048- Vita
Earth Defense Force 4.1- PS4
Ninety Nine Nights- 360
Clive Barker's Jericho- PS3
Sonic and the Secret Rings- Wii
Star Ocean: The Last Hope 360

and others- it's been a busy couple of weeks

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »
Holiday pick ups, mail call, and a few lovely thing from my SS.