Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 62354 times)

kashell

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:38 am »
The review for Tales of Berseria is up on my page!

« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2017, 04:56:44 pm »
10 - Horizon (PS4 2017) - PLAYING - The game is okay so far, mostly the setting itself being what makes it stand out, as the gameplay is almost entirely the previous two Tomb Raider games, which could be considered a negative I feel.  There's not actually much else that differentiates it, with some Far Cry thrown in for good measure in terms of the map and such.  It relies more on the interesting and challenging fights with the robot creatures, which are starting to get a lot harder to deal with and the cool weapons, though I can't say I feel like some are worth it.  I haven't figured out what the slingshot truly offers other than tossing a frost or electric DOT on the enemies, and the Rattler is sorta like a very inaccurate burst fire rifle.  It's kinda strong, but not sure if its any good since it runs out of ammo super fast and takes up a weapon slot in the moment since you can only have 4 weapons on the wheel.  It is still a good game, even if the gameplay isn't very original. 

Not going to be beating it soon though as I don't want to burn out on this style of game before Zelda comes out, which is a very similar game.

shfan

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2017, 01:05:15 pm »
7) Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4)

Monster Hunter clone by Omega Force, the extremely productive team behind Dynasty Warriors. I'd give this 2/5, TBH, although there's a lot of different kit to get, once you get it the upgrade options are almost non-existent (equipment can be levelled up 9 times, each of which is a tiny stat boost which does nothing noticeable), it also takes a lot of time to chop away at the mostly boss-sized enemies. The story and characters were interesting enough, it's just so repetitive, exploration isn't a thing at all and there's only a limited pool of enemy types before they become palette-swaps, on top of that I could have beaten an RPG in the time. Ah well, done at last :D

« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2017, 02:30:36 pm »
11 - Legend of the Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch 2017) - Playing - I played 6 hours of the game and didn't even come across a dungeon.  This is going to be one LONG game lol I'm loving it though, even if I am currently unsure of a few little tiny aspects of the game such as the constant weapon degradation and lack of background music outside of battles and specific areas like towns.  We'll see how that progresses as the game goes along.

« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2017, 02:56:55 pm »
1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete)
2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed)
3) Mass Effect (Replay, 100%)
4) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum Trophy)
5) Mass Effect 2 (Replay, 100%)

6) Mass Effect 3 (Replay, 100%) - And that ends the replay of the trilogy. Ending still sucks as much as I remember. At least we got Citadel, which feels more of a truer ending than what we got in the main game.

kashell

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »
If games from the arcade expo count, then I'm well at 52! ^.~

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2017, 05:13:25 pm »

I count them. I usually play through them several times though, partially because I like to get a really good idea of how good/bad the game is, and also because I feel bad adding a game you can beat in 30-minutes or less lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2017, 09:44:46 am »
Does Pinball count?  I can't get enough of Metallica, Fish Tails, and Monster Bash!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »
All right! Radical! Totally tubular! I just beat Sonic Generations! It's the first Sonic game I've ever beaten (not counting Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games on DS obviously), so what did I think? Well, it was good. Not great, but good! The levels were pretty enjoyable and I had fun with it, but it didn't blow me away or anything. But not every game has to of course, and for what it is, I quite liked it!

EDIT: All right, turns out I only had two more hours left for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, so that one is now beaten too! It's funny, I played through most of that game back in 2014, but for some reason I just stopped before the final dungeon. I have to mainly judge on three-year old memories here of course, but overall I remember this game being good. It's not at all the best in the series, but if you enjoy the series and you can find this cheaply I'd say it's worth a look at least.

So that knocks me into double numbers! Eleven games beaten!
Italics means I had already started with the game november last year or earlier.
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
A blue glow means the game has been completed 100%
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - PC version
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure
  • Sonic Generations
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Currently I'm playing through the original Drawn to Life on DS. What will I play next to that? Pff, I don't know! There are some games I'm close to beating that I want to finish, like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Postal 2: Paradise Lost and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, but there are also so many games I want to play through next I'm not sure where to start! The Wonderful 101, The World Ends With You (once it arrives), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All, not to mention I'm still working on an Infinite Climax playthrough of Bayonetta 2. Oh god, so many choices!

I think that next to Drawn to Life I'll start with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All, as well as continue with Postal 2: Paradise Lost.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:42:31 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

kashell

« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2017, 01:21:35 pm »
Yakuza has been finished. It was a fine game. I'm so glad that the reprinting of the first four games happened.

« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »
Recommended?  Did it age well?

kashell

« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2017, 01:26:51 pm »
It was my first experience with the Yakuza series unless you count Kazuya's and Gojima's appearance in Project X Zone 2. So, as a total n00b t the series, I would definitely say it's aged well.

Other than the English voice acting being all over the place, I recommend it.

azure

« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2017, 01:49:52 pm »
I can't get into the English voice acting of the first game so I always play it through the HD collection they made a while ago. You will see what I mean once you play the other games and become accustomed to their Japanese VAs and how they shape the reoccurring characters. If any newcomers have any questions about the games feel free to ask I love to talk about the series.

« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2017, 01:51:11 pm »
It was my first experience with the Yakuza series unless you count Kazuya's and Gojima's appearance in Project X Zone 2. So, as a total n00b t the series, I would definitely say it's aged well.

Other than the English voice acting being all over the place, I recommend it.
Then I will move it to my priority want list.  Maybe try to make some time for it this year.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2017, 01:16:43 am »
52 Games list
1.  Dragon Quest VII- 3DS
2.  Dragon Quest Builders- PS4- Done- Beat Main Story
3.  Hyper Light Drifter- PS4
4. Roller Coaster Tycoon- PC- Done- Beat all Original Scenarios
5.  Titanfall 2- Done- Beat Main Story on Normal
6.  Deus Ex Mankind Divided-Done- Beat Main Story on Normal, all Sidequests
7. Skies of Arcadia: Legends- GC- 5 hours in
8. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst- few hours in, game is pretty dull, probably won't finish this one
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt- PS4- Done- Beat main story- now for DLC
10. Paper Mario- N64- 5 hours in
11. Zelda- Breath of the Wild- Swtch- Few hours in

5/11 so far.  Not really on track for 52 but I'm not exactly choosing short games