Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 59786 times)

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2017, 12:02:58 am »
49 - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (PS4 2017) - BEAT - Had more written, but it was too much of a rant and how bad Capcom is at making fighting games now.  SF5 was bad and MVCI is basically as bad, though it's far more functional.  On the plus side, the gameplay is a ton of fun.  I'm not a MVC player at all, this is really my first one, but the two characters is way more manageable, and generally I like playing.  Story mode had potential, but of course, it's bad.  No Arcade bonus for beating it either, like having some cool little story moment.  That's lame.  They don't even offer interesting story bonuses for beating the game, like having the black suit version of Spiderman or the corrupted Thor usable, you just unlock stages that were only hidden for story reasons.  At least in comparison, MVCI is a more put together game than SF5, but I don't think Capcom learned very much from SF5 other than "Hey, don't release a broken game".

« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2017, 08:39:33 am »
49 - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (PS4 2017) - BEAT - Had more written, but it was too much of a rant and how bad Capcom is at making fighting games now.  SF5 was bad and MVCI is basically as bad, though it's far more functional.  On the plus side, the gameplay is a ton of fun.  I'm not a MVC player at all, this is really my first one, but the two characters is way more manageable, and generally I like playing.  Story mode had potential, but of course, it's bad.  No Arcade bonus for beating it either, like having some cool little story moment.  That's lame.  They don't even offer interesting story bonuses for beating the game, like having the black suit version of Spiderman or the corrupted Thor usable, you just unlock stages that were only hidden for story reasons.  At least in comparison, MVCI is a more put together game than SF5, but I don't think Capcom learned very much from SF5 other than "Hey, don't release a broken game".
Many agreements.

I went through Arcade mode once just to see if there were personalized "endings" for the characters.  Nope, you just unlock an outfit (which is something... I guess).

« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2017, 10:28:08 am »

I through Street Fighter V was a solid game, however I was not happy with the lack of content at launch and how it has been trickling out so slowly that I barely have the energy to play in order to continue playing. We all know that in a year or two once they stop making the new content, we'll get the inevitable "Super"or "Ultra" edition that Capcom is infamous for. I imagine that MvCI will get the same treatment in a few years from now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2017, 11:33:23 am »
We all know that in a year or two once they stop making the new content, we'll get the inevitable "Super"or "Ultra" edition that Capcom is infamous for. I imagine that MvCI will get the same treatment in a few years from now.

And that's why we wait.  I love game of the year editions.  I don't care if I'm late to the party. 

realpoketendonl

« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »
...Well I wasn't expecting to add this game to the list, but it just happened. I just played through Bayonetta 2 again...in two days. I was on an Infinite Climax playthrough, but that was so brutal I gave up and started playing the game on just hard again. This is still one of my favourite games of all time, and it's been a long time since I played it. Plus, it's a pretty short game and this was the first time I actively played with Jeanne (beat the whole game with her), so I guess I got through quickly.

I've said it before, but this is one of my favourite games of all time. I swear, if you like action games, you NEED to try this game. Don't have a Wii U? Get the original then. I don't care where you get it, but get it! You owe it to yourself to try the Bayonetta franchise. It's the peak of the hack-n-slash genre, and easily one of my favourite series out there.

Italics means I had already started with the game November last year or earlier
A red glow means this is a second playthrough
A blue glow means the game has been completed 100%
  • Life is Strange
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PC version)
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure
  • Sonic Generations
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Drawn to Life
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • 8-Bit Bayonetta
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Bayonetta
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2
  • DuckTales: Remastered
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Rivals of Aether
  • Miitopia
  • Ben 10: Galactic Racing
  • The World Ends With You
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Melody's Escape
  • Bayonetta 2
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2017, 12:04:25 am »
50 - A Hat In Time - (PC 2017) - PLAYING - Been waiting on this game for a long time and now that's it out, I'm very happy with it.  It just oozes with silly charm.  I think what it does better than Yooka-Laylee is that while it's a throwback to old Mario 64 and Rare games of that era, it does a lot that is new and feels fresh and fun.  It is a relatively small game, with 4 levels and a final boss, but each level is entirely unique and introduces new characters and ideas.  It's also got a fantastic soundtrack, stuff you'd expect for this, especially with guest music from Grant Kirkhope, but the boss fights have some great rockin' metal tunes out of nowhere.  I'm not even fully finished with the game, I'm like 80% complete, so I'm definitely going to keep playing.  This game is just a good time.  It makes me feel good to play.  I'm really glad I backed this on Kickstarter and I'm gonna go buy the soundtrack.

« Reply #471 on: October 08, 2017, 10:10:23 am »
1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Dark Souls III
3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Dr. Mario
7. Nioh
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition
9. Wolfenstein: The New Order
10. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
11. Tales from the Borderlands
12. Bloodborne (Childhood's Beginning)
13. Bloodborne (Yharnam Sunrise)
14. Fallout 4
15. Rocket League
16. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
17. Mega Man X
18. Lords of the Fallen
19. Resident Evil 4

If I keep it up with the smaller games I may actually reach the halfway point!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:21:41 pm by Cartagia »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #472 on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:34 pm »
52 Games list
1.  Dragon Quest VII- 3DS
2.  Dragon Quest Builders- PS4- Done- Beat Main Story
3.  Hyper Light Drifter- PS4
4. Roller Coaster Tycoon- PC- Done- Beat all Original Scenarios
5.  Titanfall 2- Done- Beat Main Story on Normal
6.  Deus Ex Mankind Divided-Done- Beat Main Story on Normal, all Sidequests
7. Skies of Arcadia: Legends- GC- 5 hours in
8. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst- few hours in, game is pretty dull, probably won't finish this one
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt- PS4- Done- Beat main story-
10. Paper Mario- N64- 5 hours in
11. Zelda- Breath of the Wild- Switch- One Divine Beat down- 3 to go
12. The Witcher 3 DLC- Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine- Complete
13. Nier Automata- Beaten- Ending A and B, working on C- Still playing as the game is not really over yet
14. Persona 5- PS4- 90 or so hours in
15. Red Faction- PS2- Beaten on Normal- Took me nearly 15 yrs after the fact but finally beat this game
16.  Gears of War: UE- XBONE- Beaten on Normal- Co-op-
17.  Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped- PS4 Beaten - 105% Plat trophy
18.  Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back- PS4 102% Plat trophy
19. Crash Bandicoot- 102%- Platinum Trophy
20.  Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- PS1 -- All endings- 196%+ map percentage
21. Axiom Verge- Vita- Beaten
22. Severed- Vita- Beaten 100%- Platinum Trophy
23.  Undertale-Vita-  Platinum Trophy
24.  Golf Story- Switch Beat Main Story
25.  Ys VIII- PS4- Chapter 4
26.  Metroid: Samus Returns- 3DS- Area 2
27.  Everybody's Golf- Rank 4
28.  Steamworld Dig 2- Early game
29.  Shadow Complex- Close to end

17/29- If I can get to 25 this year, I'll be happy.

« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2017, 09:32:07 am »
Beat games 77 and 78 out of 90 played this past weekend.

Really enjoyed Yonder.  Definitely top 5 of games released this year.

Might make an effort to close out some abandoned games.

abe

« Reply #474 on: October 11, 2017, 08:22:09 pm »
I've gotten busy with life in general, so I've been neglecting my updates, and I'm definitely not making it to 52 again this year. :'( On a positive note, what few games I've had the time to play to completion are pretty great. :)

Finished (replayed games are in purple) Full List Here
    8. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)
    9. NEKOPARA Vol. 2 (PC)
    10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (WiiU)
    11. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN) Aug-16
    12. Muv-Luv Extra (PC) Aug-25
    13. Muv-Luv Unlimited (PC) Aug-26
    14. Muv-Luv Alternative (PC) Aug-30
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:24:49 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2017, 10:12:49 am »
At

kashell

« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2017, 10:15:28 am »
The review for The Suffering is up.

« Reply #477 on: October 14, 2017, 05:35:28 am »
51 - Friday the 13th: The Game (PC 2017) - ENDLESS - Been on the fence for this game for a bit as it had a pretty terrible launch.  I had seen mostly console play of it and did at least one session on Xbox One that was a friends version and while the idea was entertaining, the game was rough.  I got it on PC, because I thought it would run better and it does.  The game is still kinda janky, but it's much more playable than what I've seen of the console version for sure at least just performance wise.  I have the game on high settings, gonna try maxed, but it runs smooth.  I only have a few hours into the game and while I wouldn't say its worth the 40 bucks (Was hoping for a Friday the 13th sale, but found out they released the physical console version yesterday, so that's not happening), I think I can get my time out of the game still.  All major content seems like it'll be free too, so any new Jason added, like they just added Part 4, will be free, and then they are keeping some cosmetics like the swimsuit pack and emotes to DLC.  Along with maps and new counselors being free, I'm cool with that. (Seems like the emote pack might've been free if you had the game when they released perhaps...)

It's funny, at the moment, playing as Jason is more intense than playing as a counselor.  Sure you can't really die and you have these abilities, but all of the drive of the game is on you to perform and that to me makes the game so much more heart pounding, but that may just be due to some personal anxiety lol

Kinda hoping for Jason X to happen soon, which could be possibly up in 2 Jason releases according to their DLC Roadmap, unless they plan to do Freddy vs Jason first or the reboot Jason.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:57:33 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #478 on: October 14, 2017, 05:41:35 am »
Trying to hit 80, didn't think I could hit 65 but i shook myself lol

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
7. Saints Row 3
8. Watch Dogs
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Donkey Kong Country 2
11. Tomb Raider
12. Aggressive Inline
13. Hitman Season 1
14. SSX 3
15. The Wolf Among Us
16. Donkey Kong Country
17. Unravel
18. Never Alone
19. Shadow of the Colossus
20. Fragments of Him
21. Blackwood Crossing
22. Ryse : Son of Rome
23. The Warriors
24. Murdered : Soul Suspect
25. Donkey Kong Country 3
26. Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
27. Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit
28. L.A Noire
29. Shenmue
30. Grand Theft Auto V
31. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
32. Ms Splosion Man
33. Sleeping Dogs
34. Soulcalibur V
35. EA UFC 2
36. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
37. Virtua Fighter 5
38. Soulcalibur III
39. Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days
40. Space Channel 5
41. Tekken 7
42. Dead or Alive 4
43. Bloody Roar : Primal Fury
44. Soulcalibur II
45. Injustice 2
46. Fallout 4
47. Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
48. Mass Effect
49. Dragon Age Inquisition
50. Saint's Row IV
51. Bratz Rock Angelz
52. Lonely Wolf Treat
53. Payback 2015
54. A World at Peace
55. Archimoulin
56. Madden NFL 17
57. Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
58. F1 2015
59. Mass Effect 2
60. NBA Live 2016
61. Prototype
62. WWE 2K16
63. Asphalt 8 Airborne
64. NBA 2k16
65. Dragon Age II
66. Oxenfree
67. Forza Horizon 3
68. NHL 17
69. Handball 2016
70. FIFA 17
71. Yoshi's Woolly World

« Reply #479 on: October 14, 2017, 07:17:07 pm »
Thoroughly replayed Raiden DX, a game I felt I may have incorrectly reviewed earlier this summer. I did end up liking it a lot more than I originally did, but still had issues with the hard mode in the game. Here is is:

50. Raiden DX (Arcade)-REDUX: I replayed this game because of many others saying how incredible this game was and how I must be missing something if I ended up not liking it as much as I did. Well, they were partially right although I still stand by a fair amount of what I originally said about this game. Playing this game on the normal difficulty which gives you access to the first five stages is a good time for the most part; the game remains mostly balanced in terms of enemies, projectiles, power ups, and your ships speed. However, when you do hard mode and gain access to every level in the game, the game definitely throws most of that balance out the window and becomes so ridiculous that it just loses most of its fun. This would be fine and all if it didn't mean being able to play nearly half the game depended on you diving into hard mode. Other than that the graphics and sound are great, just gameplay suffers when playing the hardest difficulty. (7/9/17) (10/14/17)