Author Topic: Special Reserve Games  (Read 6263 times)

desocietas

Re: Special Reserve Games
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 03:07:42 pm »
Broken Age on the 9th (I hope I can get because I'll be out of town with little cell service . . . )

Let me know if you need help getting this. I can try to order extra copies for you if you don't want to stress it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 03:54:57 pm »
Broken Age on the 9th (I hope I can get because I'll be out of town with little cell service . . . )

Let me know if you need help getting this. I can try to order extra copies for you if you don't want to stress it.

I could order one for you as well! I'm not sure how many copies they're limiting per purchase, but I'm not planning on buying the game for myself anyway so it shouldn't matter :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
I got Strafe today. It's fun but choppy. I'm still unsure of my final opinion, but it needs more work.

I received mine the other day too but haven't opened it yet.  It's upsetting to read about the choppy frame rate, since there's really no reason for it.  Keep us posted on your thoughts about it!

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 11:34:07 am »
I stopped playing for a while. It's fun, but I haven't made it past the second level. I'm not sucking I suck, but hit markers/boxes seem to suck very much so. I'll wait for more patches before I go back to it.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 01:23:15 pm »
Absolver up on SRG

https://www.specialreservegames.com/reserves/absolver

Honestly... these guys.  Still sorting out Strafe shit, Shadow Warrior 2 won't ship for another month, AND they are doing preorders for a 3rd release.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »
Honestly... these guys.  Still sorting out Strafe shit, Shadow Warrior 2 won't ship for another month, AND they are doing preorders for a 3rd release.

Not feeling like they're living up to the standards of PA or LRG?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 01:51:36 pm »

Not feeling like they're living up to the standards of PA or LRG?
They are living EXACTLY up to LRGs standards when it comes to preorders (Skullgirls)

They are getting ahead of themselves.  Their time tables are consistently wrong and I know I personally was affected by their mismanagement.  My PC version got lost in the mail and my second PS4 copy never shipped.  Took 2 months for them to sort it out and send me my order.  No nothing.  I heard some folks got comped steam keys for other games for the trouble.  At least a week of my time was spent trying to convince them they were looking at the wrong order when they were telling me my PS4 copy shipped.

They should've saved the preorder until after the Steam version launched.  Same with Strafe.

Anybody know if for sure Absolver is an online only game?  It has computer controlled enemies, so I'm hoping that an offline mode wouldn't be unreasonable.

EDIT: Finally got a response from SRG.  Absolver does have an offline mode.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:57:45 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »
Main post updated.

Strafe and Shadow Warrior 2 available in limited quantities.

Absolver launching soon for sale (Not pre-sale).

Ruiner at a later date.

SRG has changed their methods.  No more pre-order, games will only go for sale once they are ready.  (Not necessarily ready to ship, I'm not sure about that.)  Games will include at the very least Day One patches included on disc.

argyle

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 04:23:38 am »
I'm sold on Ruiner - I love the cyberpunk style, and the gameplay looks right up my alley (saw it compared to Hotline Miami or some of Housemarque's recent games).  Absolver looks interesting, but that "online" is a turn-off. I have no interest in forking out for a limited pressing of an online-only game. If I'm mistaken and that isn't what it is I'll reconsider, but from what I'm seeing it certainly looks like it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 08:33:36 am »
I'm sold on Ruiner - I love the cyberpunk style, and the gameplay looks right up my alley (saw it compared to Hotline Miami or some of Housemarque's recent games).  Absolver looks interesting, but that "online" is a turn-off. I have no interest in forking out for a limited pressing of an online-only game. If I'm mistaken and that isn't what it is I'll reconsider, but from what I'm seeing it certainly looks like it.
There IS offline content.  But they've never been detailed in their description of the offline.  Some make it sound like you can just explore.  Some sound like there is a story.  Some make it sound like the only thing you are missing out on is the clubs/gangs/what have you.  Some make it sound like the combat is strictly PvP so offline is essentially nothing.

I've never gotten a straight forward answer, but the combat looks interesting and I expect it to be similar to Bloodborne's invasion stuff.  I never dealt with griefers or overpowered players, every person that invaded me I was perfectly capable of holding my own.

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »
Ruiner has been cancelled due to issues with the ESRB... I guess.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 12:12:41 pm »
Special Reserve Games has announced BroForce and Enter the Gungeon as their next two titles.

arkaneer

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 12:42:59 pm »
Special Reserve Games has announced BroForce and Enter the Gungeon as their next two titles.

How do they release these?...can't see a pre-order page.

I'd like to get Enter the Gungeon....don't know a lot about Broforce.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »

How do they release these?...can't see a pre-order page.

I'd like to get Enter the Gungeon....don't know a lot about Broforce.
TBD

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 02:21:58 pm »

Wait... I can get BroForce in physical?  What system?  Where do I sign up?