Author Topic: May 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 9161 times)

Re: May 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 03:19:13 pm »
I think i got pretty lucky last week, between the last (European) Shin Megami Tensei i was missing into my PS2 collection to a Game & Watch and a GameBoy Micro, i even got another GameBoy for free.

First i was out in another city to do some shopping and i stumble across an old sale shop, it cost nothing to take a peek right ? Inside i sadly found no games but i still got an old french Atari ST magazine (from January '89), the first volume of the Street Fighter II comic, a Nintendo Stickers album from '94 (incomplete sadly) and a old... how to call it... it's a book for kids with the music on vinyl that goes with it and it's based on Pac-Man (From 1983).

I continued my shopping and found a few PS4 games on sale (20€ each, new & sealed) so i grabbed two of them,  Dragon Quest Heroes Day One Edition and Lego Worlds.

After that I've got into the usual games store i usually go into that city and i literally jumped on that copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner for 25€ (it's way less than half of the price i usually see it, ~70€), for that price i waited for something bad to come like a heavily scratched disc or a badly damaged cover... but no, the disc is clean, same goes for the cover, it even have the manual inside :o, i finally have all the PS2 SMT released in Europe, i will probably try to get an US copy of Devil Summoner 2 in a few months to really complete it. I also got three other PS2 games for 1€ each (Red Dead Revolver, Wakeboarding Unleashed and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009).

The day after, a friend give me for free a badly yellowed GameBoy and a Konami Protection case (apparently he found them in a plastic bag at a dump site), it still works and inside that protection case you don't see how yellow it is nor do you see the missing gray thing around the screen (so now that i have my first yellowed console i will probably test some of those cleaning methods that exist on the net).

Last Sunday, a little town made a garage sale and sadly the weather was pretty bad so almost no one was here, i still found four PC games at 0,50€ each (Codename Panzer: Phase One & Phase Two, Civilization III and STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl) and when i was going to call it quit and go home a guy come near me ask me if i was searching for something in particular, of course i ask for games and he tell me that he have a few electronic things to sell, not really sure if that was what i searched but it doesn't hurt to check, i agree, come into his house and we start searching the three boxes of things he was going to sell, an old VHS reader, a DVD reader... nothing interesting but then below a stack of remote control i found a few things: a Mario Bros Game & Watch and a Gameboy Micro with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team inside. I ask for a price for the lot and he tell me 7€ (5 for the GB Micro, 1 for the game and 1 for the Game & Watch)  8), he did not have to wait much to be paid.

And today the last item i got, just a few minutes ago, i was checking a few online offer near me and i see a Zone 100 system for 1€, for that price why not ?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:23:06 pm by metshael »

theflea

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »
CV
Picked up some boxed homebrews.
- BUSTin-Out Vol. 1
- BUSTin-Out Vol. 2
- BUSTin-Out Vol. 3

I need to watch a gameplay of these three titles in no specific order please  ;D

This was the only video I could find on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfMxHMigbY
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 09:01:00 pm »
A random, yet significant batch this week.

360:
Sacred 2
Twister Mania
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Motion Explosion
NBA 2K9
Skate
Ridge Racer 6
Ride to Hell Retribution

With this shipment, I now have breached the 700 title mark for physical Xbox 360 games. It's great seeing them all together:

Just a little over 500 games to go!

tripredacus

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 09:48:57 am »
and a old... how to call it... it's a book for kids with the music on vinyl that goes with it and it's based on Pac-Man (From 1983).

It depends on the contents of the record, but it in the US in the 80s, these usually were "read-a-long" sets. Where the record, tape (or VHS) was to be played while the child reads the book so they can hear how the words sound.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 10:14:40 am »
I think I'm about to pull the trigger on Earthbound.

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »
25 bucks for the Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition.  Not a bad deal.  Real properly sized statue.

shepard11

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2017, 11:47:18 pm »
Went to Meijers tonight because we needed groceries (I hate grocery shopping). Decided I check out their discounted game section ended up picking up the following super cheap:

Xbox 360:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Amiibo:
Inkling Girl

(and $225 in groceries...blah)

Went to one of my favorite haunts today (I had time to kill before I had to go to a wedding)

They had a copy of Joe n Mac for the SNES for a very fair price. I nipped at it. Then I hit there 25 cent bind which was filled with very nice complete even though they were mostly sports games.

SNES:
Joe & Mac

PS1:
3Xtreme
NBA Live 2000
NHL 2000
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2000
Triple Play 2000

PS2:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:11:12 pm by shepard11 »

azure

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2017, 03:11:07 pm »

Found some great stuff locally, and my FE Echoes limited edition arrived safe from Amazon. They mailed it in a bubble mailer for some reason of all things, I assumed it would be beat all to hell when I first got it out of the mailbox. They send me the stupidest items in a large box (which these items clearly do not need) and don't even bother to put something like this in one, I really don't understand Amazon's packing sometimes.

theflea

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 04:50:14 pm »
It was a wet and cold weekend for garage sales, but I still managed to find some treasures.

First the store/online pick ups...

Amiibo
- Fire Emblem Alm / Celica Set

3DS
A game only sold at a Museum? Ya I had to get a copy.
- Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre

CDi
Saw this at my local used game store for $3.
- Battleship

T16CD
Found a game that's super rare, its CD only (has reprinted cover and back) Normally I don't like CD only games but this is a $800 game that was only going to cost me $140. I broke. lol
- Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams

NES
A couple kickstarter items came in the mail.
- Dreamworld Pogie
- Mystic Origins (Beta Cart)

Now onto the garage sales...

Found a plush Pac-Man for .50c (going on top of my arcade)

3DS
A sale had a bunch of newer games all for $5 a piece, most where nothing special. I did get these 3 games for $12.
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (x2)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2

I walked into the garage and the lady said she remembered me asking about games last year. So she showed me a Xbox 360 with a bunch of games. I picked out these for $1 each.
- Zumba Fitness Rush
- Summer Athletics
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
- Bayonetta
- Dreamcast Collection

At a large subdivision sale I wasn't finding much and found three people who told me to come back later they might have something. The first said he had a NES in the box with about 15 games. I come back and he said he couldn't find it and thinks he might have sold it last year.  (strike one  :-\) Next was a lady who said she had a box full of video games, I come back and she said her son took them all and wont sell. (strike two  :-\) Last was a lady who said she had "everything" but she didn't know what her sons wanted to keep. I came back and she said her sons would only sell some games, (Wii, DS, GBA) She wanted $5 a piece but I made her a deal for $40 for everything. I leave her my number and leave. A few hours later she calls me telling me that her sons would sell more. So I went back. and she pulls out a TON of XB360, XB, PS2, GC games. I first thought about offering a price for it all but it would have to be at least $100. Most of the 360 & PS2 stuff where common games anyway. I make a stack and she took $40 again. Here's all I got.
Wii
- SSX Blur
- Elebits
- Mortal Kombat Armageddon
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (she had Skyward Sword but the game was missing)
- Super Paper Mario
- Metroid Prime 3
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
NDS
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
GBA
- A Toys R Us Exclusive Navy Blue Game Boy Advance
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Golden Sun
- Sword of Mana
PS2
- 007 Everything or Nothing
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
- Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
- Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
- Dragon Quest VIII (with FFXII demo)
- Champions of Norrath
- Champions: Return to Arms
GC
- F-Zero GX
- Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
- Luigi's Mansion
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
GBC
- Pokemon: Puzzle Challenge
GB
- Home Alone

Right after this I stop at a sale and see a box full of Wii and Gamecube games. She had $200 of the box. Inside was SSB melee, SSB Brawl, Metroid Prime, and many other great games. I ask about buying just a few of the games she wouldn't break it up. $200 for everything or they didn't ant to sell. I had to pass.

I stop at a sale and ask about games and they tell me they had nothing, as I walk down their driveway I see this just dumped with a bunch of other electronics. I ask a Price and they said $5 for it all and I couldn't say no. lol
- Commodore 64 with Manuals and a dust cover
- Commodore Floppy Drive with Manual

I stop at a sale and ask about video games, she said she used to have a ton of that stuff. She said she used to have a Nintendo, a Sega, a Jaguar and a Neo Geo.  :o For the first time I ever heard someone bring up a Neo Geo (let alone a Jaguar) She said her dad sold it all years ago.  :-[ (one day I'll find a Neo Geo lot from a garage sale. lol) But then she said "I think I still have the portable Sega" She asked me to wait and she'll go look. She comes out with a bag full of games. She said it worked the last time she checked. But I told her that odds are it wont work. She tells me I could have it all for $10 and at that point I wasn't worried about it working. The games alone where worth more then $10. lol Yes I tested it later and it doesn't work.  :-\ But in the pocket I found most all the manuals for the games and system.
GG
- Sega Game Gear with car adapter and case.
- Caesars Palace
- 5 in 1 Fun Pack
- Poker Face Paul's Solitaire
- Poker Face Paul's Gin
- Poker Face Paul's Poker
- Solitaire Poker
- Jeopardy
- Wheel of Fortune
- The Majors Pro Baseball
- Chessmaster
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Pac-Man
- Garfield: Caught in the Act
- Deep Duck Trouble
- Ninja Gaiden
- Fatal Fury Special

SNES
I stop at a random sale and ask about games, the lady said she had a clone system that played NES and SNES. She said she'll sell all the games but Donkey Kong. She brings out these 3 games and says she'll sell all for $10.
- Jurassic Park
- Mickey Mania
- Donkey Kong Country 2

CV
I stop at a sale and ask about games, he tells me no and as I was about to leave he says "what kind of video games are you looking for?" I tell him all kinds but love the older stuff. He pulls out a Colecovision in the box. I notice the box isn't the usual box I see. The the CBS version.  :o He tells me it was never used. (I see it was re-taped But the tape looked really old.) He wanted $100 for it, but I talked him down to $70. I get it home and I had to see the system. I cut the tape and the system was pretty dirty (never used my ass) lol It even had a sticker on one of the controllers saying "broken" I tested it and the console works, and the controller only had one fire button that wouldn't work. But the box and Styrofoam was in great shape. The system wasn't a CBS console. I might have to invest in a CBS system to put in this box.  ;)

NES
Last was a call back from last week. I give a guy my number because he said he might have some Nintendo games.
He calls me back and I meet up with him, He shows me 22 NES games. I ask what he would sell them all for and he says "Is $40 okay?" I couldn't say no. lol  ::) Here's what I got.
- Rolling Thunder
- Jorden vs. Bird
- Top Gun
- R.C. Pro-Am
- Ring King
- Skate or Die
- Winter Games
- Karate Champ
- NARC
- Excitebike
- Star Voyager
- Rad Racer
- Hogan's Alley
- Rush'n Attack
- The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
- Flying Dragon (x2)
- Bad Dudes
- Gauntlet (grey cart)
- Metal Gear
- Snake's Revenge
- Punch-Out

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:59:13 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »
For only $3.50 at Salvation Army, complete!

I also got Starflight for Genesis for the same price, which looked very unique. Sounds like from the description what a Star Trek game should've been.

And I found an old SNES-era issue of Nintendo Power for $1!

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 05:37:22 pm »
I added a few Wii U games to my collection this Month in my quest for going for a full set :D

Batman Arkham City : Armored Edition
Wii Fit U
Xenoblades Chronicles X
Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 olympic games
Nintendo Land
Mighty No.9
Starfox Guard
Assassins Creed III
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Need for Speed Most wanted U
Skylanders Super Chargers
Disney Infinity 1.0
Disney Infinity 2.0

:D

maximo310

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 06:58:42 pm »
Gamestop: (4 for $20)
- Gears of War UE/ Rare Replay ( 2disc case) (CIB,XB1)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii u ( CIB)
- South park: The Stick of Truth ( CIB, PS3)
- Lego Movie the Game ( CIB, Wii U )
- DBZ Budokai Tenkachi 3 ( Wii, 2 disc version) -$32
- FE Echoes LE - $60

telly

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 08:32:44 pm »
From Gamestop (4 for $20)

Super Mario Galaxy (CIB, Wii) - has a big crack in the disc, I need to grab a Wiimote so I can test this game out to make sure it works. I kept the receipt for now.

Sonic Colors (no manual, Wii)

Mighty No. 9 (CIB, Wii U) - I was surprised that GameStop kept the poster and artbook and everything that came with this game.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (CIB, Wii U)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 01:08:21 pm »
PS4- Berserk: Band of the Hawk
DS- Wario: Master of Disguise

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 02:00:50 pm »
Goodwill finds for yesterday:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 GBC loose 1.5$
Bmx XXX PS2 cib 1.5$