Author Topic: Cataloging your Collection  (Read 1781 times)

Cataloging your Collection
« on: May 31, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »
Just kind of curious to see how many people include hardware and accessories when cataloging your collections here on the site. I've been out of the game for a while and amassed a bit of a backlog so I decided to wipe out my collection on the site and redo the whole thing. Not sure if i want to include systems or not yet.

Flashback2012

Re: Cataloging your Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:30:00 pm »
I have a couple of accessories and such listed but no hardware as of yet. It's one part I haven't gotten around to it and another part I'm lazy and don't feel like adding them in.  ;)

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:35:06 pm »
I list systems when complete boxed

Accesoires only if It's something special and or complete boxed.

Definitely not going to list the many memory cards or controllers for multiple systems.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »
Absolutely I add them.

I paid for them, they add value to the collection, and when it comes to insurance purposes (hopefully nothing ever happens to it) it's there for record too.

azure

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:10:43 pm »
I have so much to add, but I haven't yet because I'm in the process of setting up my gameroom. I plan to go through and catalog everything fully here when I start setting it up. I do plan to add consoles, accessories etc so I know what I have. Id even like to add my collection of guides at some point. The only thing I plan to avoid is merchandise and what not. I say go for it, but it's really up to your preference.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:19 am »
Nope. I just use VGC to track my game collection. Not gonna forget what systems or controllers I might have.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 07:56:24 am »
I have a nice selection of boxed retro graphics cards that I'd love to catalogue here aswell but I understand that we have to draw a line somewhere and that would probably open pandora's box.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 10:19:53 am »
Yeah I also have a ton of computer stuff also but it isn't really viable to put them on here at this time.

I have put very few hardware items into my collection here. Not sure the reason why.

doafan

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:32:51 am »
I do add controllers and memory cards to my collection because they cost me and guess that don't have to say that some of them are pretty expensive, what I don't put are the video cables or the power adapters, yes they are not free but most all of them are included in almost all the systems/consoles that currently have at my collection  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 10:40:20 am »
I do try too but not 100%

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:10 am »
I catalogue what I have, loose or boxed. The only issue I've ran into is I have a commissioned orange GBA with a new AGS-101 screen. I do not, however, add digital games. Lastly, I'm still behind on adding everything.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 12:56:32 pm »
Yes everything except cords and whatnot

shepard11

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 06:02:07 pm »
I record almost everything in my collection whether it's loose or complete. I do not count digital games. (I know weird) And everything has a place in my collection even though I need to expand some of their holding areas.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 07:33:29 pm »
I add digital games, it's looking like I'm the only one, lol. While it may not be as cool as a physical copy, it's still a copy of a game I paid for and own.

I don't add the XBox One Free With Gold games, though, since those are only accessible if you are subscribed to XBox Live Gold.

ferraroso

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 07:51:29 pm »
I add to my colection here all the consoles and always try to add all the accessories that I feel relevant. For example, I won't add a loose SNES controller, a third white DreamCast or a PC Engine AV cable here, but if I buy an SNES Capcom Pad Soldier, a white Sega Saturn or a PC Engine multitap for example, I'll definitely catalogue it here.
And if I purchase some doubles, I usually add them to my Sell List.

I use the VGCollect as a means to keep track of what games/systems/accessories I already have and what is their current condition. This way, I won't waist time looking for something that I already have at the same time that I can check if I already own the manual or box for some item when I'm out in the wild.

I never add any digital games though.
I don't feel like I really own the game if I cannot touch it and I'm always searching for physical copies of the games that I purchased digitally.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:56:31 pm by ferraroso »