Author Topic: ITT: Share the most terrible and humorous deals you find out in the field  (Read 11035 times)

pzeke

LMFAO!

Sorry for the necro-bump, but after stumbling with that listing I just had to. (Not the first time I've seen listings like that, though.)

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Nah, I'm glad you bumped it. Your post is what the topic was supposed to be but it got mostly sidetracked. 

rayne315

That's anger issues right there...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

pzeke

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

Am I missing something?

Most common reasons for such a listing:

1- idiot making incredible typos or letting an algorithm set prices.
2- greedy idiot using terrible information to set prices.
3- placeholder listing intended for a specific buyer (hence the 'make offer')
4- doesn't want to sell but is forced to make an attempt by a family member.

I'm inclined to say number 1. The other listings are both reasonable numbers and a random assortment of junk, implying this woman who feels the need to stick her face in all her listings is just buying random crap wholesale to burn off.

sworddude

kokoplei is same company with the pretty rare in the hunt sub marine metal slug game so maybe they thought it was rare especially sealed  ::)

in all seriousness though probably a place holder since they do not want to sell it atm. even holy grail items rarely get to the 50K amount nobody is that dumb.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:45:34 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

Yeah, I'd figure it'd be one of those type of listings, but still found it funny enough to post given the game in question.

pzeke

Re: ITT: Share the most terrible and humorous deals you find out in the field
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 04:27:10 am »
This one time I believe it was July, August, there’s a knock on the door.

I open it and there’s this cute little game dealer, she was so adorable with the little pigtails and all.

And she said to me “how would you like to buy some video games?”
And I said “well, what kind do you have?”

She had Contra, Mario Bros, Punchout

And I said “we’ll take a Punchout, how much will that be?”

And she looks at me and she says “I need about tree fiddy”

Well it was about that time that I noticed this game dealer was about 8 stories tall and was a crustacean from the flea market - the Loch Ness monster.

I said “Dammit monster! Get off my lawn! I ain’t giving you no tree fiddy!”

He said “How about just two fiddy?”

I said “Oh now it’s only two fiddy! What is there a sale on Loch Ness gameies or something?!”

Lord he was angry.

Not me, the monster - he was about to kick my ass

pzeke

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2019, 10:34:04 am »
I had a good laugh when I stumbled with this listing; it's beyond ridiculous.

That is actually a Target Exclusive copy, not a "first print" or an ultra rare printing of the game or any of that shit. All standard and non-standard copies of the game are "first prints". This is Pokémon we're talking about here, these games get printed out the wazoo to meet demand! It's not like with Front Mission and Infinite Space for example where they did have limited print runs receiving a second one near or somewhere near the end of the NDS life. I believe Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume also had a second print run.

For more lulz, check out this and this, too. Not only are they asking for shipping, a "thousand dollars worth" of games will be shipped to you using the cheapest option possible. Beyond stupid...but funny.

pzeke

Warmsignal

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2020, 05:45:20 pm »
LMFAO!

Sorry for the necro-bump, but after stumbling with that listing I just had to. (Not the first time I've seen listings like that, though.)

Somebody might actually want that box, but to think it's worth a fortune is silly.

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2020, 06:16:44 pm »
The number of 3-4 year old annual sports games I see for$10+ on Facebook is embarrassing.

pzeke

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2020, 11:28:13 am »
This has to suck.

Clearly a mistake by the seller. This was newly listed when I found it, and it sold in a blink of an eye while I was typing a message the seller. Not the first time I've seen this happen, though.

pzeke

LMFAO!Sorry for the necro-bump, but after stumbling with that listing I just had to. (Not the first time I've seen listings like that, though.)

Somebody might actually want that box, but to think it's worth a fortune is silly.

Please, tell me now that somebody might want this...