Author Topic: Anyone going for a complete set?  (Read 8670 times)

Anyone going for a complete set?
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:15:47 am »
Hey. I just finished the Mattel Aquarius and have started the Sega Dreamcast. What’s everyone else doing for complete collections?

Re: Anyone going for a complete set?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:21:23 am »
I'm about 30 away from a full N64 set.

I probably won't bother with any other system.  I've thought about Virtual Boy since it's REALLY small, but the games are too pricey.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:36:16 am »
I want to do "true" fullset (master set) of Sega Genesis US, which is a fullset that includes all packaging variations.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:08 am »
there are 3 systems im legitimately going for full sets on. Atari 5200, Virtual boy, and PS2.

the problem is that I do not buy games at places like e-bay or amazon (unless they are collectors editions of recent games I wont get otherwise) so essentially I have to rely on all the game stores around me, garage sales, and friends who also collect. as far as how much of the collections I have.

I have 18/69 Atari 5200 games (through reorganizing my collection they are no entered)

4/22 virtual boy games 4/14 NA games is more accurate

~400/22XX for the ps2 (have a few doubles and need to add a few more to my collection)

im currently in a no game buying mode till I can pay off my car but I have a buddy who has a standing offer for ~100 more ps2 games I do not own
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:18:56 am »
virtual boy, 32X, and N64 are the ones i'm actively working on completing.
i have 12 out of the 14 US Virtual Boy releases
about a third of the US 32x set
and about a third of the US N64 set
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:21:39 am by wvdoom »

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:23:32 pm »
Not actively no

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 01:46:12 pm »
Unfortunately no, I don't have the space nor the interest in certain genres or games. I usually prefer to curate to games I'd eventually like to play.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:08:53 pm »
Working my way towards a complete NTSC Xbox 360 set. Got just shy of 800 games right now, but that still means I've got a little over 400 games left to get, most of those being sports titles (A glance through my wishlist shows how little priority I've given that entire genre).

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:25:47 pm »
Working my way towards a complete NTSC Xbox 360 set. Got just shy of 800 games right now, but that still means I've got a little over 400 games left to get, most of those being sports titles (A glance through my wishlist shows how little priority I've given that entire genre).

Far less sports games than I would originally think in the xbox 360 library, I think less than 150 in total.

I always figured you were less than 400 games shy of a full set guess i was wrong  ::)

Also Duck dynasty has to be a priority for your next haul surely ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:33:07 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »
Far less sports games than I would originally think in the xbox 360 library, I think less than 150 in total.

Also Duck dynasty has to be a priority for your next haul surely ;D

Closer to 300 sports titles (more if you consider arcade racing as part of the sports genre) for the 360 actually.

As for Duck Dynasty, that's actually a lower priority title as I've already got it for the One.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »
I would love to go for a full N64 or PSX NA set but knowing the costs for some of those games I don't think I will be
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 03:35:38 am »
I'd love to go for the Japanese GBA fullset but I've given up recently as importing all the titles seperately is just tedious, time consuming and super pricey.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:26 am »
I was going for a full set once... once.  A long time ago.

Then I realized I'd never get Stadium Events.  I have all the other licensed NES games though.  8)

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:23 am »
No, and I never will.

There are all types of collecting in this hobby and none of them are bad or wrong, but personally I have never seen the appeal of going for a full set for any game console due to the large amount of crap, shovelware, old sports games that every console has. The closest I have to a complete set is my Dreamcast collection which is currently about 2/3 of the overall US library. I'm not going to lie, there have been a few times where I though, "I'm so close, I might as well just get all the rest of the games. Besides, I have nearly all the really expensive and rare stuff already." But as soon as I find NBA2K for a buck or some other mediocre Disney title, I can never bring myself to purchase it.The thought of a bunch of garbage junking up my collection and sitting nexr to a game like Shenmue or Power Stone just doesn't sit right with me. This is true of every console I've ever collection for. I like to make sure my collection is all about quality at the end of the day, not that I have every game, the good and the bad, for a given console.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:24:08 pm by jce3000gt »