Author Topic: The Rating List  (Read 38837 times)

Re: The Rating List
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2021, 08:58:05 am »
At this point I'd rather not add additional ratings until ratings can be reworked. I say this because I feel that all of these missing ratings (that are in this thread) should be something we could select, but also that adding them all into the drop-down list may be super annoying, especially since it would then space them out and most people are only using ACB, Cero, ELSPA, ESRB and PEGI options. Secondary to that is probably ClassInd.

If there is a better way to select ratings to put on entries then I would do it, but really would like to wait until a better way is determined.

Do we have a request to add SMECCV to the ratings list in the DB?
Would it be reasonable to request 2 drop downs?  1st dropdown is rating board, 2nd drop down is rating.

A bit more strict, but could also limit rating board options by region.  CERO isn't an option for NA, PEGI not an option for JP, ESRB not an option for EU, etc.

tripredacus

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2021, 09:29:52 am »
At this point I'd rather not add additional ratings until ratings can be reworked. I say this because I feel that all of these missing ratings (that are in this thread) should be something we could select, but also that adding them all into the drop-down list may be super annoying, especially since it would then space them out and most people are only using ACB, Cero, ELSPA, ESRB and PEGI options. Secondary to that is probably ClassInd.

If there is a better way to select ratings to put on entries then I would do it, but really would like to wait until a better way is determined.

Would it be reasonable to request 2 drop downs?  1st dropdown is rating board, 2nd drop down is rating.

A bit more strict, but could also limit rating board options by region.  CERO isn't an option for NA, PEGI not an option for JP, ESRB not an option for EU, etc.

There is a lot of crossover in rating levels but not quite enough, besides having 2 drop downs as plain without any checks could result in incorrect combinations being selected. And it is not definite that ratings aren't available in other countries. The ideal way would be to limit initial rating selections to a region, and then allow the choice of additional ratings if the one you want to add is not listed. This would entail being able to set a region or country ID to a category, as well as to a rating. We can brainstorm about ways to accomplish it.

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2021, 10:54:42 am »

There is a lot of crossover in rating levels but not quite enough, besides having 2 drop downs as plain without any checks could result in incorrect combinations being selected. And it is not definite that ratings aren't available in other countries. The ideal way would be to limit initial rating selections to a region, and then allow the choice of additional ratings if the one you want to add is not listed. This would entail being able to set a region or country ID to a category, as well as to a rating. We can brainstorm about ways to accomplish it.
It would be a dynamically linked list.  First dropdown selection populates second dropdown's possible selections.

ie. selecting ESRB in the first drop down would then populate the second dropdown with possible ESRB ratings only.

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2022, 01:39:28 pm »
The ClassInd (Classificação Indicativa / Advisory Rating) is the rating system used in Brazil since 2001, before that the ESRB rating system was used by some Brazilian distributors but without any translation from English or being adapted to the Brazilian culture this system was considered inappropriate for the Brazilian market (leaving most consumers uninformed by the meaning of those rating) and so this rating system was created.

ER - Especialmente Recomendado para crianças e adolescentes (Especially recommended for children and teenagers). This rating was abandoned in 2007.

L - Livre (General Audience)

10 - Não recomendado para menores de dez anos (Not recommended for minors under ten)

12 - Não recomendado para menores de doze anos (Not recommended for minors under twelve)

14 - Não recomendado para menores de catorze anos (Not recommended for minors under fourteen)

16 - Não recomendado para menores de dezesseis anos (Not recommended for minors under sixteen)

18 - Não recomendado para menores de dezoito anos (Not recommended for minors under eighteen)

greetings to all. Do you have any plans to add ClassInd to the Rating options? It is an old and unified classification in Brazil, its initial release was in 2001, and revised in 2007. We already have many platforms with several games that need this classification and for now we are using Description to add games.

dhaabi

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2023, 09:52:32 am »
IGAC

The first label below features rating M/12. The second label below features rating M/16.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:01:17 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

Kenya Film Classification Board
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2023, 11:48:01 am »
The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) is a rating system used in Kenya. It is mostly used for film and broadcast content but is sometimes also used for video games.

GE: Content is suitable for general family viewing.

PG: Content may contain scenes that may corrupt the morals of children. While the content may be suitable for children, parents are advised to monitor the content they're watching.

16: Content may contain scenes unsuitable for persons under the age of 16. This content is legally restricted to persons over the age of 16 years.

18: Content may contain scenes suitable for adults only. This content is leally restricted to persons above the age of 18 years.

62gaming

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2023, 02:49:48 am »
What does it mean if I have a scan of an IGAC rating that doesn't seem to exist? It's M/4, which isn't on any IGAC lists I casually Googled nor on the list here, closest is M/3.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:51:52 am by 62gaming »

tripredacus

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2023, 09:19:01 am »
I did not even know there were ratings (or Classificação) on these labels at all until recently. We can update the link but probably should find a definitive source for what ratings there are in order to save time instead of piecemealing it.

dhaabi

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2023, 11:09:13 am »
I think IGAC is now defunct - for games?

IGAC ratings are still being used for games. Here is a small collection of PlayStation 5 games with IGAC rating labels affixed.
https://www.olx.pt/d/anuncio/jogos-ps5-novos-e-selados-preo-unitrio-IDGmcLL.html

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2023, 11:14:19 am »
I think IGAC is now defunct - for games?

IGAC ratings are still being used for games. Here is a small collection of PlayStation 5 games with IGAC rating labels affixed.
https://www.olx.pt/d/anuncio/jogos-ps5-novos-e-selados-preo-unitrio-IDGmcLL.html

These all seem to be registered for 2020, but according to this article PEGI was officially adopted in 2021 - https://pegi.info/cs/node/69

tripredacus

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2023, 11:18:31 am »
Here is the original post
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8623.msg145227.html#msg145227

So now post what exactly to put into there using the same formatting as that post (aka I'm not going to do it for you)

dhaabi

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2023, 11:26:22 am »

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2023, 11:35:26 am »
The IGAC (Inspecção Geral das Actividades Culturais / General Inspection of Cultural Activities), previously called the CCE (Comissão de Classificação de Espectáculos), was a rating system used in Portugal starting in 1999.

M/3 Para crianças de 3 anos e acima / For children aged 3 and above

M/4 Para crianças de 4 anos e acima / For children aged 4 and above

M/6 Para crianças de 6 anos e acima / For children aged 6 and above

M/12 Para crianças de 12 anos e acima / For children aged 12 and above

M/16 Para crianças de 16 anos e acima / For children aged 16 and above

M/18 Para as pessoas de 18 anos e acima / For people aged 18 and above

tripredacus

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2023, 11:56:58 am »
What about A and M/14?