Author Topic: Your Opinion Of Golf Games  (Read 22461 times)

Re: Your Opinion Of Golf Games
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2019, 08:14:31 pm »

but Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is online only and no longer works for the PS3

Sigh...seriously... again? Tiger Woods 13 is NOT online only, and you can still play it on your PS3. The online portion of the game is shut down, but there is an entire single player mode you can play. And yes, you can still download the patch for it...

That said, I enjoy golf games even though I don't like golf IRL. My 1st favorite favorite was Golf on the NES. I also enjoy all the Tiger Woods games, as I find them relaxing. There is also a Tiger Woods 14.

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2019, 08:17:45 pm »

Sigh...seriously... again? Tiger Woods 13 is NOT online only, and you can still play it on your PS3. The online portion of the game is shut down, but there is an entire single player mode you can play. And yes, you can still download the patch for it...

That said, I enjoy golf games even though I don't like golf IRL. My 1st favorite favorite was Golf on the NES. I also enjoy all the Tiger Woods games, as I find them relaxing. There is also a Tiger Woods 14.

yes true but I can not find the offline season mode in which is why I play the TW PGA games in the first place. :-\

I only want to play these days the tiger woods game if I can play a single player career mode where I can build my stats and compete in an offline pre-made tournament. I am still going to keep TW13 but I won't play as much as the other ones I mean the other ones have months of skill developing mini game or free style. I only know how to play freestyle on TW13 as of now

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 08:27:15 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 09:35:31 pm »

yes true but I can not find the offline season mode in which is why I play the TW PGA games in the first place. :-\

I only want to play these days the tiger woods game if I can play a single player career mode where I can build my stats and compete in an offline pre-made tournament. I am still going to keep TW13 but I won't play as much as the other ones I mean the other ones have months of skill developing mini game or free style. I only know how to play freestyle on TW13 as of now

Not really sure how you can miss it, when you get to the main menu screen choices are

Play Now
Tiger Legacy Challenge
Career (You use a created character and build your skills/stats)  <----------------
Course Mastery (online, unplayable)
Skills Challenge (Online, unplayable)

There are more choices if you scroll down, but Career is literally in the middle of the menu screen. I just tested it and my career loads up just fine.

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2019, 09:45:01 pm »
thanks wolff242 :)

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 09:47:33 am »
I tried out a couple of the Tiger Woods games on PS2 and they are not for me. I tend to not like golf games that force you into the course... Like how racing games have invisible walls. What is the point of having a golf game with all this great scenery and not let me hit the ball over there? Also it has stroke limits, which I am not a fan of. I don't want any gimmes, if it takes me 50 shots to get in the hole, I should be able to do that. Not get up to 12 or whatever and the game just moves you to the next hole.

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2019, 04:00:22 pm »
I tried out a couple of the Tiger Woods games on PS2 and they are not for me. I tend to not like golf games that force you into the course... Like how racing games have invisible walls. What is the point of having a golf game with all this great scenery and not let me hit the ball over there? Also it has stroke limits, which I am not a fan of. I don't want any gimmes, if it takes me 50 shots to get in the hole, I should be able to do that. Not get up to 12 or whatever and the game just moves you to the next hole.

I used to enjoy going out of bounds on a few PC golf games and hit the houses when I was younger, and I just wanted to see what would happen :P

3D map games have limits though, I used to build a few maps on games for PC for golf and a few other games that use 3D maps. and there is nothing really to see expect sometimes a black screen once you've reached the maps limits

I am sure you already knew that, but I used to be the same way with golf games,

As for the stroke limit in most EA sports golf games. It can be a life saver if you are trying to play the game and your stuck on some obstacle, I think they did that if in case you get stuck like I did a lot when I was first learning how to use the analog joystick swing

By the way it is better to play any tiger woods PGA tour game 2001 and up, if you don't use a SONY controller it is better to find a controller. any controller with indented analog sticks for easier swing control. I recommend this controller for the PS2 but their is other brands with indented joysticks as well.

a wired TTX PS2 controller with indented analog sticks to make all analog golf swing games easier

https://www.amazon.com/TTX-PS2-Controller-Functions-DualShock-PlayStation/dp/B01K7YJV2Q
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:06:56 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

aliensstudios

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2019, 09:05:31 pm »
Since this thread is sort of revived I have to say that Golf Story is now my favorite golf game ever. The story is great and the golf gameplay is excellent. I wish they'd add more courses to the game because I've mastered all of the existing courses, it's one of the best games I've played this year.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tpugmire

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 09:57:11 pm »
I’m actually playing Golf Story right now. It’s a pretty fun game, but the difficulty spike at the end is killing me.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2019, 06:04:40 pm »
Mario Golf makes me happy.

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 08:41:45 pm »
Tiger Woods PGA 2005 for the PlayStation 2 is much like the 2004 release. Only it has more features, like unlockables, a lot more characters to unlock,

You can even buy and design your own golf coarse, by competing 1st in tournaments, and completing scenarios as well as defeating more golfers. it comes with 14 default courses, to unlock but some of  the ones you can unlock are just updated versions of the 14 default courses.

Everything included in the 2004 Tiger Woods PGA Tour Game is included in the 2005. only 2004 does have 10 more
different default courses.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2019, 09:33:20 pm »
In my opinion "ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007" is not as good as any of the Tiger Woods series,. but the Pro Stroke 2007 game is played vary differently. It has both a 3rd and a 1st person view of your golfer, plus a course creation program included on the game disc.

I hope nobody minds me bringing up the tiger woods games  again, but I am really hooked on this series for years now

The  yearly releases for 2004-2010 is the best Golf series on the PlayStation 2 on and 2007-2012 masters is the best yearly releases on the PlayStation 3, I forgot to mention even more details. 2004 2005 is said to have a 10 year season and 2007 I just read in my 2007 Tiger Woods game manual that it actually has a 30 year season.

If you buy a tiger woods golf game on the PlayStation 2 make sure you restart the console once and a while to prevent freezing, if lets say you play 2004 for a long time the golf forums recommended you restart the console every 4 rounds of golf, this is not that bad of a inconvenience but it can get annoying

but if you play this game in shorter burst you never need to worry usually and it usually takes you at least an hour to a half an hour to get through 4 rounds of the in game season sometime longer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:37:04 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 06:18:13 pm »

The  yearly releases for 2004-2010 is the best Golf series on the PlayStation 2 on and 2007-2012 masters is the best yearly releases on the PlayStation 3, I forgot to mention even more details. 2004 2005 is said to have a 10 year season and 2007 I just read in my 2007 Tiger Woods game manual that it actually has a 30 year season.

Id there a reason you feel Tiger Woods 13 and 14 are inferior to say, 2007, 2008, 2009? I think 2012-2014 were the strongest run of the games.

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 07:35:16 pm »

Id there a reason you feel Tiger Woods 13 and 14 are inferior to say, 2007, 2008, 2009? I think 2012-2014 were the strongest run of the games.

(this post was edited)

I love the 2012 masters version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012, for PC but I didn't like how my version of 2012 The collectors edition for PS3

guided you through the course with a golf coach. I like figuring out my own move, it makes the game more interactive in my opinion, I am not sure if there is a way to turn off the caddy/coach but I need to look into it.

But, I can see why they included a golf coach because that previous years of this golf franchise were extremely toward being brutally difficult to master. it took me 2 or 3 years to ever get good at the Tiger Woods games because I was using a regular SONY controller with the hump in the middle

but I highly recommend not using a SONY brand PS2 controller when playing any of the tiger woods games because the analog swing is damn near impossible to master on the normal PS2 controllers. due to the controller having a hump in the middle.

Plus I have lots of Nostalgia for the earlier 2007 2008 and 2009
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:42:22 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2019, 08:34:48 pm »

(this post was edited)

I love the 2012 masters version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012, for PC but I didn't like how my version of 2012 The collectors edition for PS3

guided you through the course with a golf coach. I like figuring out my own move, it makes the game more interactive in my opinion, I am not sure if there is a way to turn off the caddy/coach but I need to look into it.

But, I can see why they included a golf coach because that previous years of this golf franchise were extremely toward being brutally difficult to master. it took me 2 or 3 years to ever get good at the Tiger Woods games because I was using a regular SONY controller with the hump in the middle

but I highly recommend not using a SONY brand PS2 controller when playing any of the tiger woods games because the analog swing is damn near impossible to master on the normal PS2 controllers. due to the controller having a hump in the middle.

Plus I have lots of Nostalgia for the earlier 2007 2008 and 2009

I need to mention that I don't actually have the masters version Tiger Woods 2012 on PS3, But I do have the PC version of the masters somewhere.

I have the "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 collectors edition" for the PlayStation 3 and it comes with a caddy coach that I think takes away some of the planning and strategy that the previous games had, the caddy in TW2012 collectors edition makes that game too easy since he plans all of your shots and you need to press a button to make your own shot location, I didn't like that feature
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:18:26 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2019, 11:19:18 pm »
That golf game for the N64 DD to expensive.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー