Author Topic: What's the most played save file you've found in a used game?  (Read 2311 times)

jcalder8

I bought a copy of FFIII for the SNES yesterday and it had a safe file in it where the owner had put in 68 hours. The longest previous one that I had found was 45 for a Pokemon game.

madmax

Re: What's the most played save file you've found in a used game?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:46 am »
The Japanese FFVI I bought has a saved game with ~80 hours on it.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:22:44 am »
I think I once bought a PS2 memory card with a Madden savegame that had like three full seasons on it.

hexen

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:15:27 am »
Direct time? ...I'm not sure. The used copies of Paladin's Quest, FFV and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time I have where saved at the last boss, however.

Somewhat on topic, I get my username from the save file on my used LOZ:OOT. When I bought it as a kid it was 100% completed, and I accidentally deleted it, so I started naming files Hexen followed by roman numerals.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:20:47 am »
You know, I've never payed any attention. I know my copy of Destiny of an Emperor has a save on it that is way further than I ever had gotten.

I'm intrigued now, when I get home I'll have to load up some of the games I've gotten recently to see what they have on them.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »
i got a copy of Banjo-Kazooie last week that had a save file with 120hrs on it. I dont think ive played any game for that long

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:41 am »
The copy of Ys for the SMS that I bought has a save fairly high up in Darm Tower with all the silver equipment and max'd out level and money.. considering how slow, unrelenting and hard the SMS port was, that would have taken a damn long time.

soera

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:13:11 am »
You probably have my old Ys game! Its one of the greatest games ever. Its definitely the most nostalgic game for me period. I remember when it first came out on TG CD, I had a friend in school who got it and recorded all the sounds/music on a cassette and I used to listen to that thing every day. I can still quote the begining of the game almost word for word.

scott

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:18 pm »
Went through a bunch of my games that I have picked up used. And actually the LoZ: Ocarina of Time cart that I got through trading in our forums prolly is the most epic. This file has everything, except all the gold skulltulas. But it looks like he's at the end about to head to fight Ganondorf.

Another epic save file would be my copy of Blue. I never played it, but my sister did. She has 80+ hours logged on it and a fairly epic pokedex.

I'm interested to see what kinda play times are on my copies of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 01:21:03 am »
I never really paid attention either... I know I've sunk some serious time into FF Tactics - 150+ hours.

scott

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 09:22:31 pm »
Interesting, Golden Sun only had 1 save file on it and it was only 15 minutes long. Golden Sun: The Lost Age was from the same guy and it had a file that was 11 hours long.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:42:59 am »
Just got a new record: Pokemon Black 374 hours 50 minutes or about 15 and a half days!

scott

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »
My copy of Tales of Phantasia has about 35 hours on it, with each party member in the low to mid 70s. I think that's the most played file I've found to date. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as a piddley 5.5 hours on it.