Author Topic: Gametrust Collection Steelbooks (Physical PC)  (Read 5421 times)

rayne315

Gametrust Collection Steelbooks (Physical PC)
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:21:47 am »
This might be common knowledge but i recently went into a gamestop and noticed that they discounted all the gametrust collection to $2 a piece. The first store i went to only had 6 in, all of which i got sealed, and i was able to pick up 2 more at the second store i went to. Im hoping to be able to track down the last 2 i need to complete the 10 that were released tomorrow.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Re: Gametrust Collection Steelbooks (Physical PC)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:08:54 am »
I bought the 3 that match games I really enjoyed on the PS4 (Jotun, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee) and thats what the games actually rest in along with the soundtrack.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:36:44 pm »
I really wanted those games, but the gamestops in my area sold them before i had the money to get them back when they were 7 a piece. It's an amazing deal no matter how you look at it simply because physical copies of pc games are rare as it is let alone a steelbook at such a low price.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »
if anyone can find a copy of Axium Verge that's still sealed it is the only one I have left to get. I will pay for the game and any shipping costs associated with it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 05:26:15 pm »
if anyone can find a copy of Axium Verge that's still sealed it is the only one I have left to get. I will pay for the game and any shipping costs associated with it.

I'll keep a look out! I saw one a while ago, but that wasn't at one of my easily accessible stores.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:50:48 pm »
I think my store still has one more Axiom. Im going to be there tomorrow so Ill ask.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
I found 7 different ones at my local gamestop today...97 cents each! Only 2 were sealed though. I came home, and one (Nuclear Throne) had already been redeemed, but the rest were good. Unfortunately that was the last copy of Nuclear Throne....but for 97 cents the steelbook and soundtrack are worth it. Game looks good, so I'll just pick it up during a steam sale.

Considering the code was stored with the disc, not on the floor...it looks like it was probably an employee who redeemed it :/

Edit: Just saw the game discs are DRM free....so I can still play Nuclear Throne... Sweeeet. Would have been nice having it on Steam though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:43:58 pm by wolff242 »

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 12:18:19 pm »
I remember reading something a while back about this where there were known issues with keys being invalid or showing already redeemed. I'm not sure who it was you contacted to get it resolved (not GameStop) but there was a way to get that fixed.

I kind of wish I had waited these out as I bought a couple at full price and most of them when they were $10 each.  :-\

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:33:07 am »
I remember reading something a while back about this where there were known issues with keys being invalid or showing already redeemed. I'm not sure who it was you contacted to get it resolved (not GameStop) but there was a way to get that fixed.

I kind of wish I had waited these out as I bought a couple at full price and most of them when they were $10 each.  :-\

I think they came out at $20 a piece... either way they are still plentiful because NOBODY buys pc games at gamestops. the only one in the collection that is any difficulty to find is axiom verge. but I did manage to find the others sealed

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 03:29:00 pm »
I think they came out at $20 a piece... either way they are still plentiful because NOBODY buys pc games at gamestops. the only one in the collection that is any difficulty to find is axiom verge. but I did manage to find the others sealed

Yeah, their debut price was $19.99 each. I originally thought that because of their Steelbook packaging that they might be sought after and somewhat collectible by the masses and I couldn't have been more wrong. Of course by the time I saw they just weren't moving it was already past the point where I could return the ones I bought at full price. I figured they would drop to half price and stay there and I was quite wrong again as I saw them dip to $5 and then to the nonsense price they are now.

I really have to wonder if GS is going to 86 the whole GameTrust thing if they haven't already. I heard Song of the Deep did okay but De-Formers under sold and then these just sat on shelves for forever.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 02:45:29 pm »
Did anyone ever find these in store? A friend is looking for a sealed Axiom Verge but doesn't want to pay the original list price... Let me know if you have an extra at all - thanks!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »
Did anyone ever find these in store? A friend is looking for a sealed Axiom Verge but doesn't want to pay the original list price... Let me know if you have an extra at all - thanks!

best bet is to go into a gamestop and just ask if they have one. they can then check the inventory of the stores in the area and have it shipped to the one you go to if its available. they seem to have removed it from the online store front but its still possible to find them.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »

best bet is to go into a gamestop and just ask if they have one. they can then check the inventory of the stores in the area and have it shipped to the one you go to if its available. they seem to have removed it from the online store front but its still possible to find them.

Good to know! It's been a while, so I figured they disappeared back during the $2 clearance (plus I think that particular title got recalled?), but it wouldn't hurt me to ask the stores :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas