Author Topic: Your Least Favorite Gaming Device  (Read 2724 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Your Least Favorite Gaming Device
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:46 pm »
Count me as one that likes the Wii U and it's gamepad, too.

aliensstudios

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »
Either Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

stealthrush

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 06:51:05 pm »
Out of the systems I own, GameCube. The system was giving to as a gift when  it was first released and at the time I was still enjoying PS2 games. Over the years I've come to appreciate the console but still is my least favorite gaming device.

Also was not impressed with GBA and only played a handful of titles on my NDS years later. Since most games on GBA I was interested I've played prior on my SNES!

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 07:33:09 pm »
So far Nintendo and Microsoft has taken a bit of a beating. SONY does have a lot of quality products. the PSP looks like it may be a great handheld for being a handheld in 2004. I was vary impressed at it's graphics for being a handheld device but never owned one. I never even saw a PlayStation Vita before or at least not with my own eyes.

Nintendo has had quite a few experiments that might have not been in their favor like the Virtual Boy and Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U, and Gamecube. I may not like the awkward controller on the Nintendo 64.  but n64 games are not too bad. The Nintendo Gameboy was revolutionary as far as battery life on a late 1980's handheld.

The Switch is apparently in favor for Nintendo though.

I rarely ever hear anything bad about SONY gaming products as of today.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:38:12 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 10:31:14 pm »
The switch because it has no games. I burned through the entire library of physical games within 2 months.

kypherion

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 03:16:24 pm »
The Xbox One. I don't know, whether it's going to be having to get a whole new library for the thing or trying to play Halo with a controller (Yes I am a PC guy) I could never get into it like a Ps2 or a Gamecube. I've used a PS4 less and I like it more than Xbox. I don't know, I guess it just doesn't appeal to me.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »
Regarding the whole handheld discussion, nah, I like them fine. I never saw the big deal about needing it in a tv screen, actually, playing on a handheld makes it feel much less distant to me.

And the two-screen gimmick is actually pretty cool because most games simply put the menu on the touchsccreen, which often means little to no screen clutter.

In terms of consoles I've played I didn't like too much, I think all nintendo handhelds before the Gameboy Advance Sp are unplayable because of that lack of a backlight. It just makes it so uncomfortable.

ferraroso

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 08:04:53 pm »
Certainly, the Nintendo 64, but the Wii comes in a very close second place to me...

maximo310

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 02:04:32 am »
All time- probably CD-i due to the horrible library and awful controller ( a good one is kinda expensive)

From current gen - xbox one. No reason to grab when all of the exclusives I'm interested in are ported to PC.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 10:32:34 am »
Every handheld ever made.  Handhelds have always been the worst way to play games to me.  They have their place when you are away from home and it's your only option, but I've never understood people who actively enjoyed playing handheld games at home when they have a console.  The one downside to this, is that I've missed many game series that were handheld only.

Aside from Switch which is a hybrid anyway,  I agree with this.  I collect some handhelds for nostalgia but handhelds kinda suck looking back on it lol.   They weren't really done right until recent.  Dark dim lit screens,  awful outdated graphics and crunched down games.  It feels funny saying it but feels more open to say it now that someone else broke the ice.  :)

My all time least favorite gaming device are the Tiger Handheld games. Any of them really.  They are Ebola. 

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 11:52:37 am »
NES

I was born in the late 80s and never had an NES until the late 90s when I bought one at a garage sale with some games. Back when I bought one I thought it was alright and I still feel this way today. I don't understate how important it is to the video game industry or its influence, but like many retro consoles I think that it can be a hard sell for anyone who didn't have one growing up or has nostalgia for it. I still own about 10-NES games (down from a collection of about 60 at one time), but sold my NES console since I never played it and with a few exceptions had a hard time getting into the games. I feel like nearly every game on the NES has been outdone by newer games, many from the same franchises so it is hard for me to not want to play those instead of the NES.