Author Topic: E3 2018: Sony  (Read 2761 times)

Re: E3 2018: Sony
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 10:52:21 pm »
One thing that sucked about Sony, while they did show why you should own a PS4 pretty much, I don't think any of those games, other than Spiderman, are coming out this year.  Like it was hype to get Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, and Resident Evil 2, but I'm not playing those anytime soon.

RE2 comes out in January, that's not too far away, but I don't think it'll be exclusive.

For sure, but for the sake of within the next 6 months, none of that other than Spider-Man is releasing.  It's kinda funny that this year I did alot with my PS4, but didn't play my Switch much at all, but in the next 6 months, I probably won't play my PS4 much, but my Switch a good bit lol

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:13 pm »
One thing that sucked about Sony, while they did show why you should own a PS4 pretty much, I don't think any of those games, other than Spiderman, are coming out this year.  Like it was hype to get Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, and Resident Evil 2, but I'm not playing those anytime soon.

RE2 comes out in January, that's not too far away, but I don't think it'll be exclusive.

For sure, but for the sake of within the next 6 months, none of that other than Spider-Man is releasing.  It's kinda funny that this year I did alot with my PS4, but didn't play my Switch much at all, but in the next 6 months, I probably won't play my PS4 much, but my Switch a good bit lol

Same here. The last game I played extensively was Splatoon 2 and that was a while ago now. However, I haven't played the PS4 a ton either, but by far more than my Switch. Unlike every other conference this year, my expectations for Nintendo are high and I'm hoping that they steal the show like they did last year. I'm very excited to see what they have in store.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 11:14:55 pm »
That samurai game looked pretty awesome, too. Open world (It seemed), gorgeous looking, and cinematic action.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 11:23:49 pm »
They didn't give a release date for Last of Us part II?   I been looking and skimming but can't find if they did. I'm in an alternate universe where they didn't give the release date.  You guys must have gotten the release date in your parralell dimension right?   They couldn't have gone another teaser without giving us a time frame could they? 

Please naughty dog,  the iconic red paw we all know and praise,  the masters of post apoclyptic romance dramas.  The all mighty one.   Don't even give us a date,  give us a month,  a season,  a year.  anything!!   Spring 2019.  You don't even have to commit to that.  Just give us closure.  I'm going to cry over an E3 event for the first time.   I thought for sure tonight would be the night. 

This presentation gave me Ebola  :(   

I do love Last of Us 2's trailer though  :).  I painfully love it.   I want to play the game so bad but I think they will show us a new trailer, once every year until the end of human civilization.     I'm so bummed :(   

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:28:23 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 11:26:54 pm »
Probably won't get a release date for Last of Us till PSX at the end of the year.  Same for Ghosts of Tsushima and Nioh 2.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 11:39:10 pm »
Probably won't get a release date for Last of Us till PSX at the end of the year.  Same for Ghosts of Tsushima and Nioh 2.

I was hoping so much that they'd announce it for holiday 2018.  So I could get a PS4 black friday and than dedicated the whole of a month into the best game of this console gen (which I think it'll be and much more) :D     
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:54:03 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

kypherion

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 12:32:42 am »
Everybody's all debating about the new stuff and why or why not and I'm just here like I can't even afford it at the moment because I already blew my allotted spending money!

"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 12:37:24 am »
Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed to have third person shooter gameplay.  So much more excited now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8rgGaXOizk

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:35 am »
Sony's E3 2018 Showcase: A-

Well that was a lot cooler than I expected! Almost everything interested me, some certainly more than others. I felt that insane E3 hype and excitement for two games, Resident Evil 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Resident Evil 2 had me yelling in excitement and fully freakin out. Ghost of Tsushima gave me chills and awes as I watched the absolutely awesome gameplay and beautiful graphics! These two games alone had me freaking out more than any other game announcement so far, even Doom Eternity. When the dust settles we'll see if which game I'll be most hyped for, but both of these games were just astoundingly cool reveals!

I did think Last of Us: Part 2 looks good, but it isn't a day one purchase. I thought the first game was great, but I don't have the same reverence for it that many other fans do. My ears perked up also when they announced Nioh 2, but I admittedly still need to play the first one before I can get properly hyped for it.

If I were into super heroes more and Spiderman I'd be ultra hyped for it, but honestly I have no interest in playing it. Death Stranding looks like it's so far up its own ass, and I can't imagine it would be getting the attention and hype it has if Kojima wasn't behind it. The new trailer had me roll my eyes and how pretentious it looked, but perhaps when more concrete info comes out on it I'll change my tone towards it. The only game that they showed that flat out turned me off was the one done by the creator of Rick and Morty.

I'm also not a big fan of the showcase format that Sony has used the past two years. I really miss the conference format, and the changing venue gimmick was incredibly unnecessary and stupid. Luckily the games shown off were really top notch overall and I feel pretty good about the conference overall. Let's see if Nintendo de-throwns Sony as the best E3 conference of 2018.
Dude, they showed only a handful of games and ...

You said Last of Us isn't a day one purchase, you'd need to play Nioh 1 before getting hyped for a sequel, you have no interest in Spiderman, Death Stranding shouldn't get any attention or hype it's all Kojima and the Rick and Morty game turned you off.

AND YET, you said almost everything interested you and gave it the best rating of every conference.

I mean, really now, and then saying you wouldn't pay more than $60 for an xbox one.

I think you have some serious confirmation bias and false love of a product you bought for justification.

kashell

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 08:36:54 am »
If Ghosts of Tsushima is open world, then I'm out.

Damn shame, too. I love feudal Japan.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34:49 am »

I saw that and immediately thought it’d be something you’d dig. Give it a chance. It may be good.

kashell

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:02 am »

I saw that and immediately thought it’d be something you’d dig. Give it a chance. It may be good.

Ehh...we'll see. I haven't played a game like this since Way of the Samurai. Those were open-ended, but GoT is looking like it'll be huge.

Shadows Die Twice looks like it'll scratch that feudal Japan itch.

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 01:33:03 pm »

Well that was a lot cooler than I expected! Almost everything interested me, some certainly more than others. I felt that insane E3 hype and excitement for two games, Resident Evil 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Resident Evil 2 had me yelling in excitement and fully freakin out. Ghost of Tsushima gave me chills and awes as I watched the absolutely awesome gameplay and beautiful graphics! These two games alone had me freaking out more than any other game announcement so far, even Doom Eternity. When the dust settles we'll see if which game I'll be most hyped for, but both of these games were just astoundingly cool reveals!

I did think Last of Us: Part 2 looks good, but it isn't a day one purchase. I thought the first game was great, but I don't have the same reverence for it that many other fans do. My ears perked up also when they announced Nioh 2, but I admittedly still need to play the first one before I can get properly hyped for it.

If I were into super heroes more and Spiderman I'd be ultra hyped for it, but honestly I have no interest in playing it. Death Stranding looks like it's so far up its own ass, and I can't imagine it would be getting the attention and hype it has if Kojima wasn't behind it. The new trailer had me roll my eyes and how pretentious it looked, but perhaps when more concrete info comes out on it I'll change my tone towards it. The only game that they showed that flat out turned me off was the one done by the creator of Rick and Morty.

I'm also not a big fan of the showcase format that Sony has used the past two years. I really miss the conference format, and the changing venue gimmick was incredibly unnecessary and stupid. Luckily the games shown off were really top notch overall and I feel pretty good about the conference overall. Let's see if Nintendo de-throwns Sony as the best E3 conference of 2018.

You said Last of Us isn't a day one purchase, you'd need to play Nioh 1 before getting hyped for a sequel, you have no interest in Spiderman, Death Stranding shouldn't get any attention or hype it's all Kojima and the Rick and Morty game turned you off.

AND YET, you said almost everything interested you and gave it the best rating of every conference.

I mean, really now, and then saying you wouldn't pay more than $60 for an xbox one.

I think you have some serious confirmation bias and false love of a product you bought for justification.

I gave the MS conference a B+ so I'm not sure why I'm so heavily biased towards Sony. I do like Sony consoles more due to their exclusives and I've also preferred Sony consoles for multiplats since gen 6, but I am by no means a XBOX or Microsoft hater. I feel like the three main system sellers on XBOX are Halo, Gears, and Fortza, which aside from Halo I don't really care for the other two. There are definitely smaller exclusives, but I feel like those three games are a big reason why some people chose to buy an XBOX instead of a PS4.

Given that, it's hard for me to justify why MS really helped themselves during their conference, or at least appeal to people outside the hardcore fans of those series' when almost all the games thy showed off were either multiplats or just console exclusives, meaning I could get them on Steam if I wanted to. I'm not discounting the massive amount of games they showed off, that definitely made their conference awesome, but the conference did very little to sell more XBONEs to people who didn't already have one. I certainly have no more desire to own an XBONE after watching that conference and I doubt many others do either.

On the other hand, Sony showed less games, but most of their games they showed are confirmed exclusives. Therefore Sony definitely did a good job of getting others on the hype train for these titles, effectively selling more PS4s. Obviously this is an accurate analysis since PS4 continues to outsell the XBONE like crazy, as does the Switch which also has a lot of exclusives you can't find on other consoles. Again, I am not bashing the XBOX or Microsoft, simply telling you why I gave them the grades I did. Nearly all of my excitement I had during the MS conference was regarding games I could buy for my PS4, which does not help MS at all, but I am thankful to them for premiering those games on their stage.

Hopefully that explains why I ranked Sony higher despite my own personal interest in only a few games at the Sony conference.

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 06:50:20 pm »

I gave the MS conference a B+ so I'm not sure why I'm so heavily biased towards Sony. I do like Sony consoles more due to their exclusives and I've also preferred Sony consoles for multiplats since gen 6, but I am by no means a XBOX or Microsoft hater. I feel like the three main system sellers on XBOX are Halo, Gears, and Fortza, which aside from Halo I don't really care for the other two. There are definitely smaller exclusives, but I feel like those three games are a big reason why some people chose to buy an XBOX instead of a PS4.

Given that, it's hard for me to justify why MS really helped themselves during their conference, or at least appeal to people outside the hardcore fans of those series' when almost all the games thy showed off were either multiplats or just console exclusives, meaning I could get them on Steam if I wanted to. I'm not discounting the massive amount of games they showed off, that definitely made their conference awesome, but the conference did very little to sell more XBONEs to people who didn't already have one. I certainly have no more desire to own an XBONE after watching that conference and I doubt many others do either.

On the other hand, Sony showed less games, but most of their games they showed are confirmed exclusives. Therefore Sony definitely did a good job of getting others on the hype train for these titles, effectively selling more PS4s. Obviously this is an accurate analysis since PS4 continues to outsell the XBONE like crazy, as does the Switch which also has a lot of exclusives you can't find on other consoles. Again, I am not bashing the XBOX or Microsoft, simply telling you why I gave them the grades I did. Nearly all of my excitement I had during the MS conference was regarding games I could buy for my PS4, which does not help MS at all, but I am thankful to them for premiering those games on their stage.

Hopefully that explains why I ranked Sony higher despite my own personal interest in only a few games at the Sony conference.

I think the main problem with sony's conference is that so many of those games aren't anywhere close to being released and many of which didn't even get release dates.   Xbox had plenty of exclusives outside of those 3 you mentioned.   Like Crack Down 3 and The new Ori game to mention a few.  Combine those with a New Halo, Forza and Gears.  All 3 heavy hitters.  I think even for a Sony fan, Xbox had a much better night.  :)

I do think Xbox's E3 will certainly sell consoles.  As a standard one owner, I feel dirty not having a One X to capatalize on 60 fps at 4k quality.  It's truly become an unavoidable asset for Xbox Owners over Sony.  The games simply look amazing.  I know many PS4 fan friends of mine getting a One this black friday because of the past few days alone.   They did a great job selling us the One X or One in general.  I was preying Sony showed me a TLOU2 release,  or something special to lure me into buying a PS4,  but yet again I wait for the home run as god of war isn't my bag of chips.   

I think your initial comment came off as pandering to sony for the sake of them being your favorite console. Especially the "I wouldn't pay more than 60 dollars for an Xbox One" statement lol.   It seemed like you had more positives tooken away from Xbox but still gave them a slightly worst rating just for being Xbox.   But your elaboration definitely helps understand what you meant a bit.  :)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:01:08 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

maximo310

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 01:11:31 am »

I think the main problem with sony's conference is that so many of those games aren't anywhere close to being released and many of which didn't even get release dates.   Xbox had plenty of exclusives outside of those 3 you mentioned.   Like Crack Down 3 and The new Ori game to mention a few.  Combine those with a New Halo, Forza and Gears.  All 3 heavy hitters.  I think even for a Sony fan, Xbox had a much better night.  :)

I do think Xbox's E3 will certainly sell consoles.  As a standard one owner, I feel dirty not having a One X to capatalize on 60 fps at 4k quality.  It's truly become an unavoidable asset for Xbox Owners over Sony.  The games simply look amazing.  I know many PS4 fan friends of mine getting a One this black friday because of the past few days alone.   They did a great job selling us the One X or One in general.  I was preying Sony showed me a TLOU2 release,  or something special to lure me into buying a PS4,  but yet again I wait for the home run as god of war isn't my bag of chips.   

I think your initial comment came off as pandering to sony for the sake of them being your favorite console. Especially the "I wouldn't pay more than 60 dollars for an Xbox One" statement lol.   It seemed like you had more positives tooken away from Xbox but still gave them a slightly worst rating just for being Xbox.   But your elaboration definitely helps understand what you meant a bit.  :)
It certainly doesn't help that 90% of Microsoft's exclusives are ported to PC, so most people are going to look elsewhere for either exclusives that are one platform, or a multiplatform title that runs well on base consoles ( since sales on the Pro and X haven't been as good as expected).