Author Topic: PS5 General Discussion Thread  (Read 8818 times)

Re: PS5 General Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 10:15:11 pm »
i gotten email from Sony, when i gave up all hope of getting PS5 after i missed the pre-orders.

When my wife managed to pre-order the console, with the invite for me while i was at work cause it happened at 12pm-1pm.  I couldn't believe it, but it gave me me very strong feeling of knowing i found the right woman in my life, and made best decision when i decided to ask her to marry me.

In the end i am hoping to play, Cyberpunk 2077, Demon's Soul, Assassin's Creed.

I saw couple previews and differences in Demon's Soul new version and i am excited, it my favorite Soul game, also the one that started it all. But ya, game of the year Cyberpunk 2077.

The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

telekill

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 08:37:46 am »
Looks like Destruction Allstars was (rightfully) delayed until February next year and will become a PS Plus game for us. As we are what.... 3 weeks out from launch and there had still been basically nothing shown on the game, I was wondering who in their right mind were willing to fork over $70 for it. For the free price of admission, I'll give it a go. It's bound to be half decent as it looks to be similar to Twisted Metal but then Fortnite was drizzled on top.

telekill

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 11:48:05 am »
BugSnax just got confirmed as the free PS Plus game for November on PS5. PS4 games also playable on the PS5 will be MIddle-earth: Shadow of War and Hollow Knight Voidheart Edition.

As I'm not sure who would pay $70 for BugSnax, this is a good move by Sony to give a majority of the PS5 early adopters another "free" game.

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 04:53:30 pm »
It's very smart as it guarantees an audience for those games that probably wouldn't have been there otherwise, which would be more important for Destruction Allstars as a multiplayer experience.  Not sure if it matters for Bugsnax, but I have no clue what that game is really about lol I'll certainly take it for free though.

For anyone that has a VR headset for the PS4, you can get a free PS5 adapter since apparently there is a new camera for the PS5, so the old one won't just work outright.
https://www.destructoid.com/stories/here-s-the-site-to-request-a-ps5-adaptor-for-playstation-vr-608201.phtml

Seeing the impressions of the PS5...physically that is...I'm pretty interested in the Dual Sense controller.  It kinda sounds like they took the best parts of the other systems controls to make a pretty standout controller.  Astro's Playroom looks like a lot of fun too as just a goofy little platformer, but gives off big Mario and Banjo vibes to me, so as a free pack-in game, I'll probably check that out first since it apparently is their "gimmick" game meant to show off what the systems features can do with super fast loading and the controllers new features.  That console size though...I don't know if it's the heaviest, but it's unquestionably one of the biggest consoles ever made.  It makes the old Xbox and original PS3 look slim in comparison lol I still generally like the design, it's not the best, but I still prefer it over the Xbox Series X, it's just so enormous lol

telekill

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2020, 01:20:39 pm »
There's been a slew of new PS5 news over the course of the last week; as to be expected.

The biggest shocks are that PSVR will not work on PS5 games such as Hitman 3. If you want to play the VR Hitman 3 missions, you'll need to buy the PS4 version to play on your PS5. Truly an odd reveal of the new hardware considering the hoopla made from Sony that the PSVR works on PS5. This makes it a bit muddy on if the PSVR will ever work on a PS5 version of a game, or if it's simply compatible for use with the PS4 versions of games.

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-games-wont-support-psvr-will-need-to-play-the-ps4-version-to-use-the-headset/

Secondly, a list of about a hundred or so more PS4 games released that were not "compatible" with the PS5. Many of these were Ubisoft games including some of the Assassin's Creed games like Syndicate and even Sony's own LittleBigPlanet 3. It's unclear (once again) as to if they simply won't boot at all or if they have significant glitches during gameplay or are simply missing features. Ubisoft saw pretty quick backlash and is prepping a new statement for clarification on their titles.

https://www.psu.com/news/ubisoft-says-9-of-its-games-are-not-backwards-compatible-on-ps5/

The last big news is actually good news which negates the previous issue if you have your PS4 still hooked up. Sony confirmed that you can remote play PS4 games from your PS4 system over to your PS5. It's a feature that can be used to save space on your PS5's SSD, but it can also negate any backwards compatibility issues with that hundred or so games mentioned above. There's a video in the link below showcasing more about backwards compatibility.

https://www.psu.com/news/sony-confirms-you-can-remote-play-games-from-ps4-to-ps5/

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2020, 04:29:36 pm »
And to note about the PSVR, if you want to use it on the PS5, you need an adapter, which is free to PSVR owners as they have a new camera for the system.

*EDIT*

US, Canada, Mexico: https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptor?language=en_US

Europe: https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:41:16 am by kamikazekeeg »

dhaabi

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2020, 10:23:26 pm »
And to note about the PSVR, if you want to use it on the PS5, you need an adapter, which is free to PSVR owners as they have a new camera for the system. https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en

As a note to this, the link above does not ship to the United States, Canada, or Mexico as it is the European site. This is the appropriate website and form field to use for those among these regions.

Also, I'm not sure about the European website as this information is not stated, but the American website only offers the promotion for those with model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:30:46 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2020, 12:39:32 am »
And to note about the PSVR, if you want to use it on the PS5, you need an adapter, which is free to PSVR owners as they have a new camera for the system. https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en

As a note to this, the link above does not ship to the United States, Canada, or Mexico as it is the European site. This is the appropriate website and form field to use for those among these regions.

Also, I'm not sure about the European website as this information is not stated, but the American website only offers the promotion for those with model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2.

Oh, thanks for that, I didn't realize it was Europe only, I just picked a link that came up in an article I was looking at for it, so thanks for that.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2020, 10:22:11 am »
I'm still not convinced that I want to keep my PS5 preorder.  XSX I'm confident that I'll make use with GPU and BC.  PS5 however, I'm just not sold that it would be a good investment for me.

pzeke

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2020, 04:56:23 am »
Saw this video recently and still don't like the design. The controller does look rather nice.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2020, 05:00:05 pm »
Saw this video recently and still don't like the design. The controller does look rather nice.

The controller is looking and sounding really nice, it comes across like the "Best of" elements of controllers like the Xbox and Switch, and the trigger features sound cool.  I'm definitely glad they changed from the old Dualshock design they've had since the PS1 era as to me, the most comfortable controllers have been the Xbox 360 or Switch Pro controller and this is more reminiscent of them.

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2020, 06:09:48 pm »
Target is finally getting ready to ship my console out, though it's gonna take till next week for me to get it which really sucks.  I ordered Spider-Man and Demon's Souls from Amazon, so I'm getting them on Thursday lol Getting pretty excited for the new stuff and to dive into previous stuff, like getting to play Monster Hunter World at 60fps with even faster load times as I already had an SSD in my PS4 Pro, though the PS5 is still a good 10+ seconds faster, which does add up when you getting in and out of hunts.

telekill

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2020, 07:13:43 pm »
Yeah. I paid off my PS5, headset and AC Valhalla back on Sunday. My local store wouldn't let me take the headset home regardless that they had it and other accessories can be bought and taken home. It was odd. I guess they only got enough to fulfill preorders and so they want them to only leave with the systems... I guess? Odd.

Anyway, there are plenty of games that I'm getting kind of a bonus for. Games like Dead by Daylight are getting free next gen upgrades and that coat of shiny new paint is going to make them feel new. That's fantastic as it will make me feel like I'm getting far more at launch than I actually am. Looking forward to Thursday.

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 11:40:19 pm »
My PS5 is finally getting shipped, saying it'll be here Wednesday, but my buddy who also got one from Target and shipping from the same state, says his will be Saturday, so it might show up faster than expected, I've noticed that once in awhile that Target can show up faster than usual, so hopefully it is only a few more days. *EDIT* And FedEx is saying Saturday now, which is awesome, only gotta wait another two more days.

While I do have my new games to look forward to, I am definitely planning to take advantage of games that'll play better from PS4.  Monster Hunter World is the big one, having it be faster at loading and 60 fps is gonna be amazing.  Don't know if Tony Hawk is gonna have any improvements on PS5, but it already ran well, and it just got a new update that adds some more bonus stuff.  I have Avengers which I'm hoping runs abit better in general, though it's not getting its PS5 upgrade till next year unfortunately.  I don't own a lot else anymore other than owning FF7 Remake digitally and whatever is on PS+ that I have, but there is Bloodborne, which has been suspiciously silent on whether it's getting an upgrade to PS5.  Some folks are thinking because there's been no talk on what is an important exclusive, that it could be getting something on the level of a Spider-Man remaster, or that Bloodborne 2 is happening, because recently one guy showed that with a little work, Bloodborne can brought up to 60 fps, so a full blown studio should have no issues getting an update ready otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:43:35 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2020, 10:10:30 am »
My XSX from Target won't get here until next friday according to Fedex.  It shipped from about 5 hours away.  Got to about 3 hours away within a few hours.  It's been sitting 3 hours away for 3 days now.  Still says they need until the 20th to deliver it.

My PS5 however, from Amazon, says it'll be delivered in the next hour or so.  I have 0 games preordered/ordered for either system.  Strictly gonna play BC or free upgrade games for now... even though I'm super interested in Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.