Author Topic: Your Summer Video Game Playlist  (Read 2305 times)

Your Summer Video Game Playlist
« on: May 26, 2019, 11:42:33 am »
The inspiration for this thread came from when I was in elementary school we were required to read 5 books during the summer, sometimes we got to choose, and other times we didn't. I thought it would be fun to do a summer video game play list in the same spirit where you list at least 5 games you plan on playing this summer.

kashell

Re: Your Summer Video Game Playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 11:48:01 am »
I can dig it. Let's see...

1. Dragon Star Varnir
2. Crystar
3. SaGa Frontier (I'm on a replay now of Blue/Rouge, but I want to do one more character. I'm thinking Red).
4. Samurai Shodown
5. 428 Shibuya Scramble

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 11:52:03 am »
I'm going to step it up and do 10 games that I intend on beating before the end of September. I will probably end up playing more than that, but these are the ones I want to play the most. BTW, they are in no particular order in terms of priority.

1. Banjo Kazooie(N64) or Donkey Kong 64(N64)
2. Chrono Cross(PS1)
3. Final Fantasy VIII(PS1)
4. Sonic Adventure(Dreamcast) - actually plan on starting this 9/9/19 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the DC
5. Outrun 2(XBOX)
6. Sonic Mania(Switch)
7. Wave Race 64(N64)
8. Duke Nukem 3D(PC)
9. Cruisn' USA(N64)
10. Mega Man Legends(PS1)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:29:43 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:53:15 am »
4. Samurai Shodown

i'm assuming you're referring to the new one that comes out next month. i am so hyped for this game!!! It looks incredible!

telly

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 02:59:10 pm »
I know for me I want to get Shenmue 1 and 2 beat before the third game drops!! :D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 03:21:32 pm »
I know for me I want to get Shenmue 1 and 2 beat before the third game drops!! :D

First off, excellent choices! Second, I have serious doubts that Shenmue III is going to hit its target release date this coming fall. There has been no gameplay footage yet, just cinematic cutscenes/trailers. I honestly don't think this game will actually come out until next Spring at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong, however I'd rather have the game come out a year later and be excellent, than it to come out this fall and be unfinished and mediocre. We'll see though.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 07:09:16 pm »
I've only really got one game that releases over the summer that I'm interested in, so most everything would be backlog tackling:

1) Fire Emblem: Three Houses
2) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
3) Dragon Quest XI
4) Far Cry: New Dawn
5) Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 07:25:40 pm »
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Crisis Core
3. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
5. ... not sure yet.

telly

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 07:27:27 pm »

First off, excellent choices! Second, I have serious doubts that Shenmue III is going to hit its target release date this coming fall. There has been no gameplay footage yet, just cinematic cutscenes/trailers. I honestly don't think this game will actually come out until next Spring at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong, however I'd rather have the game come out a year later and be excellent, than it to come out this fall and be unfinished and mediocre. We'll see though.

Yeah I was a little suprised when I saw that GameStop opened up preorders and they list an August release date. I agree, I wouldn't be suprised if they delay it again, which is fine with me. I still need to play the first two games!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 08:49:37 pm »
I'm going to step it up and do 10 games that I intend on beating before the end of September. I will probably end up playing more than that, but these are the ones I want to play the most. BTW, they are in no particular order in terms of priority.

2. Chrono Cross(PS1)
4. Sonic Adventure(Dreamcast) - actually plan on starting this 9/9/19 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the DC
5. Outrun 2(XBOX)
6. Sonic Mania(Switch)
7. Wave Race 64(N64)
8. Duke Nukem 3D(PC)
9. Cruisn' USA(N64)

How could not have beaten Duke Nukem 3D before? man get the Atomic Version that game is awesome :D and you should also get Duke Nukem 64 because the bot matches are awesome I was just playing that game yesterday, you can also fight the aliens in coop mode on the N64 too ;D

!: I don't know what I will be playing this summer yet probably more duke nukem 64 or Duke Nukem Zero hour and one of my sims games
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:55:27 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 11:42:59 pm »
1. Trails from Zero
2. Trails of Cold Steel I
3. Cosmic Star Heroine
4. Drakengard 3
5. Gears of War 4

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 01:12:01 am »

2. Chrono Cross(PS1)
5. Outrun 2(XBOX)
6. Sonic Mania(Switch)
7. Wave Race 64(N64)
8. Duke Nukem 3D(PC)
9. Cruisn' USA(N64)

How could not have beaten Duke Nukem 3D before? man get the Atomic Version that game is awesome :D and you should also get Duke Nukem 64 because the bot matches are awesome I was just playing that game yesterday, you can also fight the aliens in coop mode on the N64 too ;D

!: I don't know what I will be playing this summer yet probably more duke nukem 64 or Duke Nukem Zero hour and one of my sims games

I've played it a hundred times, just never beaten it. The closest I ever came was Duke 64 back in the day, but not having a decent PC growing up I was confined to playing it at friends' houses or on inferior ports. I've had the atomic edition on GOG for years now, just need to sit down and play it.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 10:28:07 am »
4. Samurai Shodown

i'm assuming you're referring to the new one that comes out next month. i am so hyped for this game!!! It looks incredible!
Yep! That's the one. I'm pumped. That's another fighting game franchise I grew up playing with the fam.

ferraroso

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 11:30:44 am »
1. Resident Evil 2 - PlayStation 4
2. Akumajo Dracula 2: Gekka no Yasoukyoku - Saturn (I'm having difficulty to find time to play the upside down castle)
3. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - PlayStation 4 (one of my favorite games of all time, I can't wait to finally have time to finish it on the PS4)
4. Master System in general (it is my favorite console, but I am still yet to dedicate some time to the games I've acquired during my last trip to Brazil)
5. Spyro: Reignited Trilogy - PlayStation 4 (I've played just the very beginning of the first game so far)

telly

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 01:44:13 pm »
1. Resident Evil 2 - PlayStation 4
2. Akumajo Dracula 2: Gekka no Yasoukyoku - Saturn (I'm having difficulty to find time to play the upside down castle)
3. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - PlayStation 4 (one of my favorite games of all time, I can't wait to finally have time to finish it on the PS4)
4. Master System in general (it is my favorite console, but I am still yet to dedicate some time to the games I've acquired during my last trip to Brazil)
5. Spyro: Reignited Trilogy - PlayStation 4 (I've played just the very beginning of the first game so far)

I was playing AC5 a little while ago trying to get the Platinum. It's one of my favorite games too
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)